Heaven or earth?

Heaven or earth?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
06 Jul 11

Originally posted by galveston75
You think? It's what the Bible says that counts, not what we think.
the 144,000 is not literal it is the number of spiritual completion

rc

Moves
06 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
What about the many people born on the earth during the 1000
year reign of Christ on the earth? Wouldn't they need some
Kings and priests on earth to rule and guide them? What good
is it to these people on earth, if all the Kings and Priests are in
heaven?
where is Christ at present? in heaven at the right hand of God if the Bible is to be believed. I suppose according to your 'logic', he is no good to those on earth at this very moment then? Do explain.

rc

Moves
06 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Doward
the 144,000 is not literal it is the number of spiritual completion
according to you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jul 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
where is Christ at present? in heaven at the right hand of God if the Bible is to be believed. I suppose according to your 'logic', he is no good to those on earth at this very moment then? Do explain.
Christ must allow time for the fulness of the Gentiles to come in. But when
that time is complete, He will not just dilly dally around in the heavens, He
comes back to earth, where He will undoubtable do more good. But let us
not get off the subject under discussion. You do not take the twelve tribes
of Israel as literal, but you do say the 144,000 number is a literal amount.
So if that is true, then maybe it is the 144,000 that are on earth to help
those born in the kingdom on earth during the 1000 year reign of Christ, if
that is to be a literal understanding also. The great crowd from every
nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues that no one could number,
that John saw in heaven, was in addition to the 144,000 of the tribes of
Israel. (Revelation 7) If as you say, Yahshua divides His sheep into two
groups according to this, then it would seem more logical that the much
smaller of the two groups would be the ones returning to the earth to act
as kings and priests for those born into Christ's literal 1000 year kingdom
on earth. How could there be room for such a large crowd of people on
earth. I can not see how this could be of much joy to them, if they must
try to live like sardines stuffed in a can.

Moves
06 Jul 11

Matt 5 -15 seems to promise on thing to the one, and another thing to the other - JS357

Yes i can understand how one could come to that conclusion, however there are two elements to a kingdom or as the King James version refers to it as a government. Those whose responsibility it is to administer the principles of that government (for illustration ...[text shortened]... od but have no priestly function (the electorate)

hopefully this answers your question.
I don't see how my question can be so difficult to understand. I will ask it one more time and if nobody has an answer, that's OK, I have a toilet to fix today and a letter to write.

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth."

What about people who are BOTH poor in spirit and AND are meek? Suppose G75 is poor in spirit, AND he is meek. Will his be the kingdom of heaven AND will he inherit the earth? Which will he be -- in the administration (your useful analogy) or the electorate? Or both, somehow?

The answer can be simple. It's a Sunday School question. What does the Bible say about that situation, and where does it say it?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jul 11

Originally posted by JS357
I don't see how my question can be so difficult to understand. I will ask it one more time and if nobody has an answer, that's OK, I have a toilet to fix today and a letter to write.

5 Blessed are the meek,

What about people who are BO ...[text shortened]... day School question. What does the Bible say about that situation, and where does it say it?
The person you are asking this question does not have a clue.
Of course, the answer is he inherits both as do all believers.
You probably knew this all along because it only takes common
sense to answer it. But Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to use there
common sense when it comes to the Holy Bible. That is why I
might call them idiots to provoke them, in the hopes, they will
come out of their trance like state and start thinking.

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 Jul 11

How could these two verses be a symbolical and not the rest of these 5 verses? It wouldn't make sense for Jesus to mix it up so to say in meanings. He never did that with any other verses and that would also not be a good teaching process.
Maybe it's because this doesn't make sense to ones who believe that all go to heaven or hell after death and the earth is not considered as being a real place to be resurrected to after death?
Mixed forms of writing in the same paragraph doesn't surprise me, so again, we have a difference of opinion. As for the part about people "believing that all go to heaven or hell after death", of course I believe that. And no I don't think anyone is resurrected to the place he already inhabits (earth). But if you do, I don't think it makes you a non-Christian. There are lots of doctrinal differences among Protestants, but I see very few as "dealbreakers"---only a few would be hard and fast rules/doctrine/creed/whatever one chooses to call it, that one must believe to be considered Christian.

rc

Moves
06 Jul 11
1 edit

5 Blessed are the meek,

What about people who are BO day School question. What does the Bible say about that situation, and where does it say it?
i have already given in detail with illustration the two propositions, i will not do so again. Why are you unable to come to terms with the fact that its not dependent on being exclusively 'meek', or exclusively 'poor in spirit'. the two are hardly mutually exclusive, are they. To try to state that they are is quite absurd.

Moves
06 Jul 11

i have already given in detail with illustration the two propositions, i will not do so again. Why are you unable to come to terms with the fact that its not dependent on being exclusively 'meek', or exclusively 'poor in spirit'. the two are hardly mutually exclusive, are they. To try to state that they are is quite absurd.
Yes but I am asking about Galveston's statement that one sort of person gets heaven and another sort of person gets earth (I paraphrase). What about a person who is both sorts? As you say they are not mutually exclusive, so you would agree a person can be both sorts. Does he get to choose, or spend some time in one and then the other, like having a summer home? I don't mean to be disrespectful but it seems like I can't ask this question clearly enough. And Galveston is the one who opened the subject so I was hoping he would answer my question.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jul 11

Yes but I am asking about Galveston's statement that one sort of person gets heaven and another sort of person gets earth (I paraphrase). What about a person who is both sorts? As you say they are not mutually exclusive, so you would agree a person can be both sorts. Does he get to choose, or spend some time in one and then the other, like having a summer home ...[text shortened]... And Galveston is the one who opened the subject so I was hoping he would answer my question.
I really think if you'd go back to my last couple post the answers are there.

Moves
06 Jul 11

I really think if you'd go back to my last couple post the answers are there.
We disagree on that. Your last response that I see was "I'm sorry. I must not be understanding the question. My fault. Please try again..."

D

St. Peter's

Moves
06 Jul 11

according to you.
If its literal then only male virgin Jews will be in heaven, if its not then the number isn't literal either. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

j

Moves
06 Jul 11
1 edit

5 Blessed are the meek,

What about people who are BO day School question. What does the Bible say about that situation, and where does it say it?
======================================
What about people who are BOTH poor in spirit and AND are meek? Suppose G75 is poor in spirit, AND he is meek. Will his be the kingdom of heaven AND will he inherit the earth? Which will he be -- in the administration (your useful analogy) or the electorate? Or both, somehow?

The answer can be simple. It's a Sunday School question. What does the Bible say about that situation, and where does it say it?
==========================================

The teaching of Matthew 5 through 8, or the so called "Sermon on the Mount" is not given to the world in general. The audience is the disciples of Christ.

Notice the beginning of chapter 5.

"And when He saw the crowds, He went up to the mountain. And after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. And opening His mouth, He taught them, saying ... etc." (Matt. 5:1,2)

It is not to the larger "crowd" that Jesus spoke these words. He went up higher and sat. Then His disciples came up with Him and He taught them. The action is symbolic. The general worldly crowd was there with Jesus. But Jesus went up higher to sit and speak specifically to His disciples.

It is understood that the teachings are intended for those who have believed into Christ, and have received Him as Lord.

No atheist will be saved from eternal damnation because he is merciful. It may come into account when he is judged. But he will not be saved eternally because of meekness or mercifulness or being poor in spirit.

Likewise, one who denies Christ as Lord teaching that He is an angel Michael, who has not been born again, will not be justified because he is meek or merciful.

But do not ask me if Galveston is saved. Ask Galveston. I think you will find that he does not have the assurance of salvation. It is not because of humility he does not know. It is probably because he has never received the Spirit of Christ as the pledge, the seal, the witness within that he is really one of the children of God:

"The Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God" (Rom. 8:16)

But anyone caught in the Jehovah's Witnesses, so deceived, can certainly repent of that false teaching and receive Christ into their spirit to be born of God.

Moves
06 Jul 11

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]======================================

The answer can be simple. It's ...[text shortened]... repent of that false teaching and receive Christ into their spirit to be born of God.
I simply do not understand how my question can be replied to without being answered. I speculate that it contains trigger words that elicit an automatic response that bears no relation relation to the sentences I wrote. RJ is the only person who understood and answered the question, although he used the opportunity for other purposes as well.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jul 11

I simply do not understand how my question can be replied to without being answered. I speculate that it contains trigger words that elicit an automatic response that bears no relation relation to the sentences I wrote. RJ is the only person who understood and answered the question, although he used the opportunity for other purposes as well.
Well again I'm not understanding why the question is not being answered by a couple of us here to help you out. But yes a person can be both or 75% one and 25% other or any mixture in between. I have no way of know exactly the deep qualifications and heart conditions that God is looking for. The only guidlines are what anyone can read for himslf in the Bible.
So yes a person could be both equally and maybe deserving of both....but we don't choose who goes here or there, God does.