Growing up in  Jehovah Witness home

Growing up in Jehovah Witness home

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
40d

@divegeester said
What biblical substantiation do you have for Christians, JWs, or any other branch of Christianity, being pacifists?
I'm talking specifically about the act of not murdering. If you wish to re-bundle that as being a pacifist that's fine.

Exodus 20

13 “You shall not murder.

You know this anyway, nobody that believes in Jesus as you do, will be ignorant of the prohibition to take life. Are you trying to lay a trap DG?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
40d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'm waiting for Galverston to agree with the founder of his church, that Jesus was divine, and then to explain why this divinity isn't worthy of worship.

If you fragment divinity, isn't that the slippery slope to polytheism? Can you have varying levels of divinity? - Jesus was divine,....but not quite as divine as God.

It's all very messy.
Good Sir I only ask that in case there was a subtlety in the question of a divinity that I may not be aware of.

We probably both agree on what divinity is, I just didn't want to assume.

Over to you Galveston I think?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
40d

@medullah

Yes obviously Mr. @ghost-of-a-duke will never agree or accept any answer I give. So I've wasted way too much time trying to shut him up. Lol.

And I appreciate your comment on our neutrality with wars. I've commented before to a poster here that didn't like that we would not fight for our country.
He lived in Europe some where. Anyway I made it clear to him that if he or any of his family in his country were killed in a war ...it would not have been a JW that killed them.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d
1 edit

@galveston75 said
@medullah

Yes obviously Mr. @ghost-of-a-duke will never agree or accept any answer I give. So I've wasted way too much time trying to shut him up. Lol.

And I appreciate your comment on our neutrality with wars. I've commented before to a poster here that didn't like that we would not fight for our country.
He lived in Europe some where. Anyway I made it clear to ...[text shortened]... y of his family in his country were killed in a war ...it would not have been a JW that killed them.
Wait now this is suppose to be a discussion not to try and shut someone up. That is the point of Forums is to have different opinions, also one can agree or disagree, but it really doesn't need to be an argument or shut anyone up.

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
40d

@galveston75 said
@medullah

He lived in Europe some where. Anyway I made it clear to ...[text shortened]... y of his family in his country were killed in a war ...it would not have been a JW that killed them.
You've said previously that a child from your church could answer my questions, and yet struggle to do so yourself.

How odd.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
40d

@medullah said
Good Sir I only ask that in case there was a subtlety in the question of a divinity that I may not be aware of.

We probably both agree on what divinity is, I just didn't want to assume.

Over to you Galveston I think?
He may need a few weeks to muster the courage.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He may need a few weeks to muster the courage.
Will it be a face to face meeting? πŸ™‚

I give free lessons if it comes to blows. πŸ™‚

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
40d

@very-rusty said
Will it be a face to face meeting? πŸ™‚

I give free lessons if it comes to blows. πŸ™‚

-VR
We are both pacifists.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
We are both pacifists.
And I was kidding, some people don't get humor. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
40d

@medullah said
I'm talking specifically about the act of not murdering. If you wish to re-bundle that as being a pacifist that's fine.

Exodus 20

13 “You shall not murder.
But after commanding “thou shalt not kill” didn’t God send the Israelites into war on several occasions?

Your logic doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d
1 edit

@divegeester said
But after commanding “thou shalt not kill” didn’t God send the Israelites into war on several occasions?

Your logic doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.
Did he? Show me the quote where he sent the Israelites into war on several occasions.
πŸ™‚ Correct me if I am wrong but are the Israelites still not fighting?

-VR

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
40d

@very-rusty said
Wait now this is suppose to be a discussion not to try and shut someone up. That is the point of Forums is to have different opinions, also one can agree or disagree, but it really doesn't need to be an argument or shut anyone up.

-VR
I was actually trying it to be a joke. But I'm apologizing to him here and hope he understands that.... Sorry if I offended him.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
40d
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Did he? Show me the quote where he sent the Israelites into war on several occasions.
πŸ™‚ Correct me if I am wrong but are the Israelites still not fighting?

-VR
Are you now suddenly ok with people answering questions which were not directed to them. You seemed to be a little bent out of shape about it earlier.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d
1 edit

@divegeester said
Are you now suddenly ok with people answering questions which were not directed to them. You seemed to be a little bent out of shape about it earlier.
Hey if it is ok for you it is ok for me too right Gooster?

Not bent out of shape at all just returning your favor from the General forum as promised! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
40d

@very-rusty said
Hey if it is ok for you it is ok for me too right Gooster?

-VR
So you are ok with it now?