God's country ?

God's country ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 May 19

@secondson said
A note of caution: don't be so certain Rajk worships the Jesus of the Bible.
I have no doubt that he does.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19

@philokalia said
Would it be absurd for a family to believe that they have been blessed by God because of their prosperity and overcoming of adversity?

... Wouldn't it be irrelevant what things happened in the distance past taht were unsavory, and wouldn't it be irrelevant what befell some of the family members who may have been damning themselves through their own deeds...

Doesn't ...[text shortened]... would anyone who believes in God take these sayings and joys from a people who clearly were blessed.
I think many of you Americans hold to a deluded view of the importance in the world and to God. That you stole the land that you live in, persecuted and and pretty much exterminated the natives hardly qualifies you for any blessing brownie points from the Almighty.

E

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
I have no doubt that he does.
Some have no doubt the earth is flat.

E

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
I think many of you Americans hold to a deluded view of the importance in the world and to God. That you stole the land that you live in, persecuted and and pretty much exterminated the natives hardly qualifies you for any blessing brownie points from the Almighty.
Name one country in the world where what you describe is not the case at one point in history.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19

@secondson said
When did Israel stop being God's country?
After the the new covenant when God has a bride, not a country.

F

Moves
21 May 19

@secondson said
Goodness! If I'm not mistaken I think this is the first time I've seen you call Rajk out on his "peculiar assertions".

And peculiar they are, as well as convoluted.
I think his assertions show a kind of inclusive generosity of spirit towards a fellow 'people of the book'; I don't think they are convoluted.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19

@eladar said
Name one country in the world where what you describe is not the case at one point in history.
Are you claiming that the heinous crimes of your forefathers are excused in God’s eyes because other people in other countries committed similar crimes?

Perhaps God thinks you should have persecuted the native Americans, perhaps he doesn’t like them much...

F

Moves
21 May 19

@eladar said
Some have no doubt the earth is flat.
I don't believe the world is flat. I believe you might be an atheist pretending to be a Christian for the reasons often discussed. And I have no doubt that Rajk999 is a follower of Jesus.

E

Moves
21 May 19

@FMF

Who cares what you believe? I was just commenting on the irrelevance of a person's belief.

F

Moves
21 May 19

@secondson said
God created the nation of Israel, and as far as I can see God has never stopped being the God of Israel.
Then you have to bear in mind that the Jews rejected Jesus and see him as a fake and an imposter. The country of Israel characterizes itself as the Jewish state.

When you say "Israel is God's country", which "God" are you talking about? The Christian one who you believe came down to Earth as Jesus, or are you talking about the Jewish God which, according to Jews, did not come down to Earth as Jesus?

F

Moves
21 May 19

@eladar said
@FMF

Who cares what you believe? I was just commenting on the irrelevance of a person's belief.
People's beliefs are all this forum is about. Any and all beliefs have relevance here. Yours included.

E

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
People's beliefs are all this forum is about. Any and all beliefs have relevance here. Yours included.
You are wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
Your peculiar assertions aside, theistic Jews, whether they be modern or not modern, rejected and reject the Jesus that you worship.
What I mean is that the Jesus that came according to the New Testament is what they reject. The Jews do not reject a Messiah. The Torah speaks of a Messiah to come and they continue to await that event. A Messiah is what they believe in and what they wait for.

The idea promoted by some Christian groups that the Jews are rejected by God is nonsense.

Also I do not worship Jesus Christ. I worship God. Neither do I pray to Jesus. I pray to God [through Jesus] and this was what Jesus Christ said to do. God is the Father. Jesus prayed to God as well and instructed others to do the same. Jesus is not the same as God.

This confusion of mixing up Jesus and God, who are two distinct and separate entities according to Paul, is what I leave for the rest of Christianity to flounder in.

E

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
Are you claiming that the heinous crimes of your forefathers are excused in God’s eyes because other people in other countries committed similar crimes?

Perhaps God thinks you should have persecuted the native Americans, perhaps he doesn’t like them much...
No, that is not what I am saying.

F

Moves
21 May 19

@rajk999 said
Also I do not worship Jesus Christ. I worship God. Neither do I pray to Jesus. I pray to God [through Jesus] and this was what Jesus Christ said to do. God is the Father. Jesus prayed to God as well and instructed others to do the same. Jesus is not the same as God.
Yes, I got it right the second time when I described you as a follower of Jesus.