1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 06:49
    @galveston75 said
    So if they are all his and as you think he set them up and is in control as I'm assuming that's what you mean, it would appear he's not doing a very good job. Look at all the suffering that's going on now.
    If they are his why does the bible say that he's going to destroy them at Armageddon?
    If they are his why does Jesus not only tell us to stay neutral and not get involved in politics?
    I am not saying any of the things that you touching upon with your assertions and questions about the world. I am just saying that Romans 13:1-2 says, as plain as day, that the governments of the world are established, given their authority, and put in place by God and he demands subjection to them. I am not adding to it or subtracting it.

For my own part, I don't think there are any countries established, given their authority, or put in place by any kind of supernatural being nor have there ever been. So, for me, Romans 13:1-2 is moot.

But, for you and other adherents to the NT, it says what it says, although you seem to want to argue that it doesn't say what it says, but instead it says something YOU say it says.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 07:26
    @galveston75 said
    If it's what my government or any government does, that is up to them. If they use my tax money to do that, it is up to them. God allows them all to exist but their time is about up.
    So I know your angle on this is why would I not want my family to be protected by my governments army or police.
    I appreciate what ever my country decides to do to protect me either by i ...[text shortened]... have no faith in any of them to ever provide what Jehovah will for deserving humans in the future..
    Thank you I appreciate your sincere reply. However my question requires a more unequivocal answer please.

Do you believe in homeland defence?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 07:28
    @galveston75 said
    Understand it as you see fit.....
    It’s what the Bible says Galveston75, it is not how FMF “sees fit”.

According to scripture God puts in place your government, he set in place Trump (and Obama).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree