1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:19
    @fmf said
    What is your intended "inference" when calling another poster a "frustrated bitch"?
    Read the thread and figure it out for yourself.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:20
    @secondson said
    Why do you "feel the need" to use any derogatory words when insulting "another man"? Weird.
    I don't use words that are derogatory towards women. Why do you?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:42
    @fmf said
    Well, then. Go ahead. Why not discuss why men like you feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when they are insulting another man?
    Have you ever called a woman a bitch? Did you ever "feel the need" to call a woman a bitch? Would you ever call a woman a bitch?

I wouldn't. I never have, and I never will.

So apparently the use of the term "frustrated bitch", as it was used in the context where it was used, and why it was leveled at the individual it was intended for relative to the content of what was said by the one the remark was directed at is lost on you.

I stand by what I said and why I said it. No insult was intended toward any woman, and I don't care what you or anyone else has to say about it.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:55
    @secondson said
    Have you ever called a woman a bitch? Did you ever "feel the need" to call a woman a bitch? Would you ever call a woman a bitch?
    Your three questions. No, I haven't. No, I didn't. No, I wouldn't. Nor would I use the term "bitch" to insult a man because, as Hakima points out, it is derogatory to women. Why do men like you feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when they are insulting nother men?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:57
    @secondson said
    So apparently the use of the term "frustrated bitch", as it was used in the context where it was used, and why it was leveled at the individual it was intended for relative to the content of what was said by the one the remark was directed at is lost on you.
    Why do you feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when you are insulting another man - regardless of context?
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:59
    @fmf said
    I don't use words that are derogatory towards women. Why do you?
    If I want to use a word that is derogatory towards women when insulting a nitpicking man in this forum who fails to be a man and deflects away from the main assertion of an OP by bickering divisively over a term for the sole purpose of derailing coherent discourse, I will.

In fact I think I'll do it regularly just to get under your silly effeminate skin, and laughing all the while seeing as how it has you frustrated and disturbed.

Run and cry to the mods.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    @secondson said
    I stand by what I said and why I said it. No insult was intended toward any woman, and I don't care what you or anyone else has to say about it.
    So you intend to to keep using words that are derogatory towards women when you are insulting men on this forum?
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    @fmf said
    Why do you feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when you are insulting another man - regardless of context?
    Spam post.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 09:01
    @fmf said
    So you intend to to keep using words that are derogatory towards women when you are insulting men on this forum?
    Spam post #9.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 09:01
    @secondson said
    If I want to use a word that is derogatory towards women when insulting a nitpicking man in this forum who fails to be a man and deflects away from the main assertion of an OP by bickering divisively over a term for the sole purpose of derailing coherent discourse, I will.
    Why do you want to use a term that is derogatory to women? Why don't you want to use a term that is not derogatory to women?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 09:04
    @secondson said
    In fact I think I'll do it regularly just to get under your silly effeminate skin, and laughing all the while seeing as how it has you frustrated and disturbed.
    You think that using a term that is derogatory to women is 'masculine' of you and calling you out for it is 'effeminate'?
  12. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 09:10
    Dear Mr. SS

Seriously, how could I possibly know that you know that there was nothing in my question that indicated that you had made a negative (actually, my word choice was “derogatory” ) remark, when your subsequent response to me was “I don't know as I have never leveled a pejorative (your word choice) remark toward a woman”, and the only knowledge that I could possibly have about what you intended is by the words you chose.

So, I ask my question again, “Why do some men feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when they are insulting each other?"

As for straw man tactics, I think you are right, in your case, it’s not a tactic; it’s an accomplishment, and doubly so as you have accomplished both deflection from your own opening post as well as avoiding directly answering my question.

Additionally, I think you are also right with regard to your opening statement, God most certainly is not joking, but at this moment, she might well be greatly amused.

Love,

Hakima
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 09:432 edits
    @hakima said
    Dear Mr. SS

Seriously, how could I possibly know that you know that there was nothing in my question that indicated that you had made a negative (actually, my word choice was “derogatory” ) remark, when your subsequent response to me was “I don't know as I have never leveled a pejorative (your word choice) remark toward a woman”, and the only knowledge that I could possibly ...[text shortened]... st certainly is not joking, but at this moment, she might well be greatly amused.

Love,

Hakima
    Dear Ms. h

I appreciate your contribution to the discussion relative to the OP.

And while I consider your use of the term "she" in reference to the God of the Bible to be a gender attributing derogatory remark, especially because it insults the clear meaning of scripture relative to the nature and attributes of God, I am not personally offended because I know and understand your intent.

As to why men "feel the need" to use words derogatory toward women when insulting each other I don't really know. It is most likely a cultural thing passed down through the ages as a means of demeaning the manhood of a man that behaves as less than a man, especially in the arena of battle. It's effective. It's between men, and not necessarily intended to deride women.

I did not use the term because I hold women in disregard or in contempt. Nothing can be further from the truth.

Now if you believe I deflected and avoided, then it's evident you think I'm motivated by dishonesty, which is in my estimation a far greater offense to me than any derogatory remark, whether gender neutral or otherwise, one can make towards me.

Don't expect perfection from me. It's not there.

Love,

SecondSon
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 09:45
    @fmf said
    Why do you want to use a term that is derogatory to women? Why don't you want to use a term that is not derogatory to women?
    Spam post #10
  15. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 09:51
    Allow me to be clear and make this simple:

The use of words that are intended to be derogatory towards women as a means of insulting a man, demeans women. I, for one am insulted.

Please refrain.

Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree