1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 00:19
    @divegeester said
    Your OP claims that the bible prophesies that the word of God will be “published” it doesn’t, you are misrepresenting scripture in order to try to make a point.
    Jesus said "published". You can read it right there in Mark 13:10.

“The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.” (Psalm 68:11).

The question you need to ask yourself is, has the gospel not been "published" extensively to all nations? Yes or no or bitchbicker.
  2. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 04:45
    @secondson said
    I said "frustrated bitch" not "frustrated little bitch". I would never say you were little.

"...considering that the “publishing” of books as a concept didn’t even exist when the words were written."

Bitch nitpicking is all that is. Ever hear of what scribes do?

Don't you realize that back then they didn't have printing presses, Internet, radio, television or satel ...[text shortened]... .

And the point of my OP still stands, notwithstanding your efforts to bitch nitpick over a word.
    Why do some men feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when they are insulting each other?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 06:43
    @hakima said
    Why do some men feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when they are insulting each other?
    I don't know as I have never leveled a pejorative remark toward a woman.

Do you think men are more brutish than women in general?
  4. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 06:56
    @secondson said
    I don't know as I have never leveled a pejorative remark toward a woman.

Do you think men are more brutish than women in general?
    There is nothing in my question that indicates that you did “level a perjorative remark toward a woman”, rather my question is to inquire why a word that is perjoratively female-specific, namely “bitch” is “leveled” as an insult by a man toward another man, generally speaking and specifically on this thread.

Your question regarding my opinion whether men are more brutish than women is irrelevant...but a predictable straw man tactic. Nice try.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 07:01
    @secondson said
    Jesus said "published". You can read it right there in Mark 13:10.
    My bibles say preached and a quick online search and review says preached.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 07:47
    @hakima said
    There is nothing in my question that indicates that you did “level a perjorative remark toward a woman”, rather my question is to inquire why a word that is perjoratively female-specific, namely “bitch” is “leveled” as an insult by a man toward another man, generally speaking and specifically on this thread.

Your question regarding my opinion whether men are more brutish than women is irrelevant...but a predictable straw man tactic. Nice try.
    Surely you know I know there was nothing in your question that indicated I had made a negative remark toward a woman.

My question about men being more brutish than women was not intended as a tactic. I'm trying to answer your question. If you will hear me.

I am averse to arguing with women. It makes me feel brutish.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 07:53
    @divegeester said
    My bibles say preached and a quick online search and review says preached.
    I'm well aware of the translations.

So, because you got hung up on a sophomoric argument over the use of specific terms, you ignored the main thrust of my assertion in the OP.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 07:56
    @secondson said
    Surely you know I know there was nothing in your question that indicated I had made a negative remark toward a woman.
    It's intriguing to see you pretending to NOT understand this question:

"Why do some men feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when they are insulting each other?"
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 07:57
    @secondson said
    I am averse to arguing with women. It makes me feel brutish.
    Forget "brutish". Arguing with Hakima is making you look really thick.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:01
    @fmf said
    It's intriguing to see you pretending to NOT understand this question:

"Why do some men feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when they are insulting each other?"
    You answer it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:03
    @secondson said
    You answer it.
    If would never feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women if I were insulting another man. Why do you?
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:06
    @fmf said
    Forget "brutish". Arguing with Hakima is making you look really thick.
    I wasn't arguing. I was discussing.

And there you go again inserting an inference not intended. It makes you look really thick. Now proceed with your usual tactic of flooding the thread with your spam posting of irrelevancies.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:08
    @secondson said
    I wasn't arguing. I was discussing.
    Well, then. Go ahead. Why not discuss why men like you feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women when they are insulting another man?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:10
    @secondson said
    And there you go again inserting an inference not intended.
    What is your intended "inference" when calling another poster a "frustrated bitch"?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 08:16
    @fmf said
    If would never feel the need to use words that are derogatory towards women if I were insulting another man.
    Why do you "feel the need" to use any derogatory words when insulting "another man"? Weird.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree