God Bless America?

God Bless America?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Feb 13

A very well known statement. Some actually believe this even to the point of one poster saying "God gave us the atomic bomb".
So has God blessed America?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 13

Originally posted by galveston75
A very well known statement. Some actually believe this even to the point of one poster saying "God gave us the atomic bomb".
Yes, obviously.

But as a Nation, we've outlived our blessing by relegating God to the fairy-tale bin.

As seen in another thread, Jonathan Cahn has a few things to say about this.

Moves
11 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Yes, obviously.

But as a Nation, we've outlived our blessing by relegating God to the fairy-tale bin.

As seen in another thread, Jonathan Cahn has a few things to say about this.
what makes you think america has been blessed?

rc

Moves
11 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
they gave us Jimi Hendrix!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 13
2 edits

In just 200 (plus a little) years, we've gone from practically nothing to the leading world superpower. Inventions made in this country by Americans and others have raised the quality of life worldwide. We now enjoy a technology unequaled in world history.

Of course the US was blessed.

If you say you can't see it, I would guess you're playing the troll role (a bit).

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
11 Feb 13

Have you ever heard to term "America Bless God"?

Moves
11 Feb 13

In just 200 (plus a little) years, we've gone from practically nothing to the leading world superpower. Inventions made in this country by Americans and others have raised the quality of life worldwide. We now enjoy a technology unequaled in world history.

Of course the US was blessed.

If you say you can't see it, I would guess you're playing the troll role (a bit).
lots of countries have gone from nothing in the last 200 years. lots of countries have come from nothing through out history.

many countries have provided the world with amazing inventions, america is no more prolific in this area than other developed nations. many countries have been doing this historically as well, constantly raising the quality of life. your technology has been provided by many nations and many nations share your level of technology.

either god has blessed lots of countries or god has blessed non. there is nothing special or different about america.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 13

lots of countries have gone from nothing in the last 200 years. lots of countries have come from nothing through out history.

many countries have provided the world with amazing inventions, america is no more prolific in this area than other developed nations. many countries have been doing this historically as well, constantly raising the quality of ...[text shortened]... d lots of countries or god has blessed non. there is nothing special or different about america.
You're English, right?

No wonder you have this attitude about America. We did kinda upset your little stint as a world leader. Most people in the world (even some Brits, believe it or not) don't have a problem believing the US was blessed. Enjoy your sour grapes.

F

Moves
11 Feb 13

No wonder you have this attitude about America. We did kinda upset your little stint as a world leader.
Do you think God was blessing Britain when Britain was a superpower and when it had all manner of inventions, and its technology that was unequaled in world history at that time, its industrial revolution, its impact on quality of life worldwide etc.?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think God was blessing Britain when Britain was a superpower and when it had all manner of inventions, and its technology that was unequaled in world history at that time, its industrial revolution, its impact on quality of life worldwide etc.?
I know I'm just jumping into your little pre-planned fire, but I'll be honest (what a concept) and just say No.

England was never a chosen people, by any stretch of the imagination.

F

Moves
11 Feb 13
1 edit

I know I'm just jumping into your little pre-planned fire, but I'll be honest (what a concept) and just say No.
You said 'Of course the US was blessed". but then what you cited to justify saying that was: being a world superpower, inventions, technology, quality of life etc. I am curious as to why these criteria - to your way of thinking - do not apply to Britain historically.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
they gave us Jimi Hendrix!
Well ya gots a point there...Lol

F

Moves
11 Feb 13

England was never a chosen people, by any stretch of the imagination.
Doesn't making declarations about what nations God blesses and doesn't bless require a "stretch of the imagination"?

Moves
11 Feb 13

You're English, right?

No wonder you have this attitude about America. We did kinda upset your little stint as a world leader. Most people in the world (even some Brits, believe it or not) don't have a problem believing the US was blessed. Enjoy your sour grapes.
i dont have an 'attitude' about america. i value it contribution to the world. there are a few things i dont like about america but there are things i dont like about england, most countries have their issues.

im talking facts, there is nothing special about america, its just another country in a world full of other countries. i agree that america has a high level of technology, i agree that america has provided lots of good inventions, but i also acknowledge that lots of other countries have too.none of the examples you gave are specific to america, so what makes america blessed?

Moves
11 Feb 13

Well ya gots a point there...Lol
but they also gave us britney spears, they give with one hand and take away with the next.