Galveston75’s visit to family

Galveston75’s visit to family

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29d

@galveston75 said

Do you believe in the trinity?
I'm an atheist. Join the dots.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28d

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Thanks for your comment. Just a quick comment on pronouncing names in the bible correctly ...Are we pronouncing Jesus's name correctly? If not, why do we still pronounce it the way we do? If we decide to pronounce it the way we do and not knowing exactly the original way, why not pronounce Gods name as it is accepted by most bible scholars? So research that and see what you find.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28d
4 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke I'm sorry you are an atheist....... To be very honest if I hadn't learned what the Witnesses believe from the Bible, I to would be an atheist. I've been a JW for 60 years. Yes there have been adjustments in our understanding of God's word, but that is exactly the process that Jehovah had said it would be. But our basic understandings are never proven wrong. If it wasn't that way, I would put them in the same categories as all other religions. Just a bunch of paganistic teachings. But their not anything like the rest.

Actually let me correct myself here. I didn't mean an atheist as in not believing in a God. I would believe in him no matter what. I would not be a religious person and belonging to a religion....

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
28d

@galveston75 said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Actually let me correct myself here. I didn't mean an atheist as in not believing in a God. I would believe in him no matter what. I would not be a religious person and belonging to a religion....
If you managed to get ghost of duke interested and concerned about the after life, would him becoming an actual member of the Jehovahs Witness church be a prerequisite for him to be able to access the paradise afterlife?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28d

@divegeester
Look that up at JW.ORG..

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
28d

@galveston75 said
@divegeester
Look that up at JW.ORG..
I’m asking you Galveston75.

Why are you being so furtive about answering the question directly?

Moves
28d

@galveston75 said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Thanks for your comment. Just a quick comment on pronouncing names in the bible correctly ...Are we pronouncing Jesus's name correctly? If not, why do we still pronounce it the way we do? If we decide to pronounce it the way we do and not knowing exactly the original way, why not pronounce Gods name as it is accepted by most bible scholars? So research that and see what you find.
If you're happy to refer to God by a name made in error by a Catholic monk, knock yourself out.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28d

Maybe because I have no desire to discus anything with you? Yep that's it....

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28d

@Ghost-of-a-Duke said
If you're happy to refer to God by a name made in error by a Catholic monk, knock yourself out.
This is true. The JWs make a whole big fuss about the name of God and Christ, with the claim that if you get that wrong you are doomed and yet they get it wrong by following after the Catholic Church, who they constantly ridicule.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
28d
1 edit

@galveston75 said
What has brought on this sudden disengagement, which very conveniently coincides with my question to you?

I can only assume you’re somewhat embarrassed at your own cults cultish rules.

Moves
28d
1 edit

@galveston75 said
No desire, or that you lack the intellectual ability?

As an aside, Charles Russell, founder of JWs believed (and stated) that the divinity of Jesus was retained, and was one of the reasons he should be worshipped. I wonder if your fellow JWs would agree with your approach of denying Charles Russell was indeed the founder of your church, in order to distance yourself from what he believed about Jesus.

Moves
28d

@galveston75 said
We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it....

Back in reality, Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him.

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27d

OK I will take the time to answer this ever puzzling issue that you and others have here. For my time I request that all that are reading this...TRY..to read the link that will be at the end. It get's old that time and time again that most here show that they are really not interested in learning and progressing with true knowledge of the Bible and don't ever try to connect the dots. I hope that you and the others for once take this serious and not come back with an unappreciative attitude even if you still don't agree.
When C.T. Russel and others became involved in wanting to get away from the churches around him and the noticeable false teachings that they promoted, they made great strides in doing this. But just as the Bible says is that the "light would over time get brighter and brighter." That would mean that with Jehovah's spirit working with these original JW's, within Jehovah's own time table, he would let them gradually remove from their misunderstandings and beliefs that were not true.
So for Russel to think that they on some level they still worshiped Jesus just as they did in their old churches, would be a true statement. That issue and many others were still believed and taught from the stage.
My mother started to study with JW's back in 1961. The sister that studied with here at times had to explain to mom that some old beliefs that had been around from the beginning of our organization we still around a little and that some of the older JW's had a hard time letting them go. Some finally got the correct understandings, and some didn't. They eventually left.
So all of you seem to think that this news is something new. It is not,
So here is a link to check out.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g20000408/Is-It-Proper-to-Worship-Jesus/

I'm curious to see who here is really serious to learn, but I have a good idea of the comments that will show up as usual...

Moves
27d
1 edit

@galveston75 said

I'm curious to see who here is really serious to learn, but I have a good idea of the comments that will show up as usual...
I think you need to unlearn. Shake off the demons, grow a beard.

"light would over time get brighter and brighter." - Indeed. Have you considered the possibility you are still fumbling in the dark, that just as Russell was wrong then, you are wrong now?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27d

Lol. Nope, not hardly my friend. Just because you have no relationship with Jehovah does not negate the fact that he does exist. Prophecies in the bible are being fulfilled as we speak. So you can deny Jehovah now but you will soon get to know him.....
JW.ORG