"Former Christians"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDI

Moves
25 Mar 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
How will you know if the question is answered correctly?
Would you like me to illustrate with an example of a question?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Mar 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
Would you like me to illustrate with an example of a question?
If you are looking for a sign or test like the Pharisee's, you are asking the wrong person. You would have to go see a spiritualist or medium or witch.
I don't delve into witch craft or testing of God. Sorry...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Mar 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Telepathy.

He made a statement about the universe ('Chaos does not produce order'😉. I challenged it. He refused to discuss it but instead claimed that I would be unable to understand without Gods help.

If he had said 2+2=5, an equally false statement, and claimed that nobody would understand it without Gods help, you yourself would probably recommen ...[text shortened]... at said you knew why atheists were in this forum, or am I confusing you with someone else?
cha·os
noun
1. a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
2. any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases.
3. the infinity of space or formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chaos

Do you have a different definition of chaos than everyone else? Explain how your chaos produces order.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Mar 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Explain how your chaos produces order.
If I put some mud and water into a glass and shake it, is it in chaos, or not?

Cape Town

Moves
25 Mar 13

3. the infinity of space or formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.
Interesting how this definition makes the claim false by definition. ie chaos is defined to be that which produced the ordered universe therefore a claim that chaos does not produce order is false.

PDI

Moves
25 Mar 13

If you are looking for a sign or test like the Pharisee's
Do you imagine your deity looking at it thusly:

"I could use my all-knowingness to speak the answer to Dirac's question into the ear of checkbaiter, and thereby save Dirac from Hellfire. But I hate it when people try to test my existence, so off to Hell Dirac shall go."

What does your sense of justice and goodness tell you to think about a deity who would behave that way?

Cape Town

Moves
25 Mar 13

Note also other definitions of the word 'Chaos' eg that found in chaos theory:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Cape Town

Moves
25 Mar 13

Explain how your chaos produces order.
I feel I must also point out, that you are not actually helping checkbaiter.
If you are able to convince me that I am wrong, then his claim that I cannot understand it because of my corrupted mind, will prove false.
If you are not able to convince me, and instead I show that the claim is false, then checkbaiters original claim was false.
You can't win.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Mar 13

Interesting how this definition makes the claim false by definition. ie chaos is defined to be that which produced the ordered universe therefore a claim that chaos does not produce order is false.
Your definition of chaos is that which produced the ordered universe.

However, the third definition in the dictionary is closest to your definition and it only indicates that chaos is one of three states that is supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.

There is no indication in the dictionary definition that it is believed that chaos produced the ordered universe, only that empty space, infinity, or chaos may have preceded the ordered universe. Apparently, it is just a guess, probably proposed by evil-lutionists. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Mar 13

I feel I must also point out, that you are not actually helping checkbaiter.
If you are able to convince me that I am wrong, then his claim that I cannot understand it because of my corrupted mind, will prove false.
If you are not able to convince me, and instead I show that the claim is false, then checkbaiters original claim was false.
You can't win.
You are not doing a good job either way so far. Good luck, anyway. 😏

Cape Town

Moves
25 Mar 13

Your definition of chaos is that which produced the ordered universe.
No, thats part three of what you posted.

There is no indication in the dictionary definition that it is believed that chaos produced the ordered universe, only that empty space, infinity, or chaos may have preceded the ordered universe. Apparently, it is just a guess, probably proposed by evil-lutionists. 😏
OK, define 'produced'.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Mar 13

No, thats part three of what you posted.

[b]There is no indication in the dictionary definition that it is believed that chaos produced the ordered universe, only that empty space, infinity, or chaos may have preceded the ordered universe. Apparently, it is just a guess, probably proposed by evil-lutionists. 😏

OK, define 'produced'.[/b]
Look it up in the dictionary. I haven't got time for anymore of this nonsense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Mar 13

The issue of determining which of us has a corrupted mind.

[b]You see, I cannot prove to you that God has spoken to me, I cannot prove to you anything.

I never asked nor expected you to prove that God had spoken to you. But what you had claimed was:
[quote]evidence is everywhere to be found by just looking around at the order of the universe, pla ...[text shortened]... a strawman tells us everything: it is your mind that is corrupted and you are fully aware of it.[/b]
Jesus, the first man resurrected from the dead, gave words to Paul and others to write. Among these words, it is written that no man has an excuse to claim that there is not enough evidence to know God. Notice all that is around you and think... I believe Jesus is simply correct. If you think this just happened, you are haughty and arrogant, or on drugs.
When Jesus rose up into the heavens there were over 500 eye witnesses.

T

Moves
25 Mar 13
2 edits

1. Lack of evidence is only in their corrupted minds, seeing that evidence is everywhere to be found by just looking around at the order of the universe, plants, weather, etc. Chaos does not produce order, intelligent design does.

2, and 3. I explained these reasons where you said I did not.
I responded to this post on page 21.

Did you just miss it or are you intentionally ignoring it?

As it stands now, you've danced around the points a couple of times and even
went so far as to lie about having addressed them.

With what Jesus said about liars, how can a 'comitted Christian' (which you seem to claim you are) tell such a blatant lie? This is far from the first time that this has happened on this forum.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Mar 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You haven't really addressed the points of my post:

1) The vast majority of "unbelievers" do not believe God is real simply because of a lack of evidence, yet you have claimed otherwise.

2) I have seen no evidence that Christians are any more likely to 'want to be held accountable for their actions' than non-Christians. There are many non-Christians ...[text shortened]... s accountable for their actions".

Are you willing to address them?
1) The vast majority of "unbelievers" do not believe God is real simply because of a lack of evidence, yet you have claimed otherwise.

So you say, who are you? Do you claim to be wiser than Jesus?
John 3:19-21
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
NKJV
2) I have seen no evidence that Christians are any more likely to 'want to be held accountable for their actions' than non-Christians. There are many non-Christians who do hold themselves 'accountable for their actions'.

Then you don't know any real Christians..When I sin, I feel remorse. I repent. I ask for forgiveness. Most Christians I know, do like wise. Most unbelievers I know, don't even take sin seriously.

3) Beliefs such as 'original sin' and 'salvation by grace' serve to make Christians less accountable. Not only do those who hold those beliefs dismiss their 'sins' as unavoidable, they also believe that they are 'righteous' even though they continue to commit them. Realistically, even those "committed Christians [who] hate sin", can and do "dismiss their sins as unavoidable" and "believe they are 'righteous' even though they continue to commit them". As such, they don't really "hold themselves accountable for their actions".

Again, you make yourself to be some kind of expert on Christian behavior. You live in a small world. This is simply not true. I don't deny that some Christians are the way you claim, but I can only speak for myself and those I relate to.
A knowledgeable Christian knows that sin enslaves people and hurts God and the Lord who died for us to pay for those very sins. How could I in good conscience willingly sin in the face of my Lord? Your worldly wisdom falls far short of what God called us to.
BTW, I do not know how to make your comments bold, so please bear with me.