Former Aologiest for Gay Theology

Former Aologiest for Gay Theology

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
You try to make them choose their pet topic and then use that topic to make them start pointing fingers at others, to have them declare what is and isn't Christian.
If you are actively opposed to Christians pointing fingers at each other and declaring what is and isn't Christian, then I've seen little or no evidence of it. It's one of the major activities going on here: Christians out-TrueChristian-ing each other. Not so long ago RJHinds accused sonship of coming under satanic influence. It was not out of the ordinary. If you've ever popped your head in to call it "shameful", then show me where. 😕

rc

Moves
17 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
No.
I've seen where all you're really after is to try to drive a wedge between believers.
You try to make them choose their pet topic and then use that topic to make them start pointing fingers at others, to have them declare what is and isn't Christian.

It's shameful.
I agree its simply an attempt to sow contentiousness and is morally reprehensible.

F

Moves
17 Sep 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I agree its simply an attempt to sow contentiousness and is morally reprehensible.
I'm just a poster on a debate and discussion message board who has different beliefs from you and with whom you often disagree. The word "morally reprehensible" has no meaning when you use it. It's just an other catchphrase or 'insult word' that you use ad nauseam. You sell yourself short, robbie.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Sep 15

yes but why would you do that if you watched the video? you have recourse to the same information that I do.
He wants you to do it for him, because he doesn't know how to do it for himself. But he's too proud to admit it, so he wants you to think it's your responsibility for finding this information for him.

Or maybe he's just lazy and/or low on power, and doesn't want to overtax himself.

rc

Moves
17 Sep 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
He wants you to do it for him, because he doesn't know how to do it for himself. But he's too proud to admit it, so he wants you to think it's your responsibility for finding this information for him.

Or maybe he's just lazy and/or low on power, and doesn't want to overtax himself.
I see, well that makes sense. I had initially thought he had not seen the video and was genuinely interested in what its contents were and the arguments that were being made and what the technical details of those arguments were but alas it appears that he was simply being insincere and that he knew what its contents were all along.

rc

Moves
17 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I'm just a poster on a debate and discussion message board who has different beliefs from you and with whom you often disagree. The word "morally reprehensible" has no meaning when you use it. It's just an other catchphrase or 'insult word' that you use ad nauseam. You sell yourself short, robbie.
actually FMF i don't think I do see myself has having been sold short and infact you are being exposed here as someone that is merely contentious for contentiousness sake.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Sep 15
1 edit

I see, well that makes sense. I had initially thought he had not seen the video and was genuinely interested in what its contents were and the arguments that were being made and what the technical details of those arguments were but alas it appears that he was simply being insincere and that he knew what its contents were all along.
Oh please... when have you ever known him to be genuinely interested in anything other than his own high opinion of himself? He will use anything he can find or imagine against you, and if you give him the benefit of the doubt he will even try using that against you.

F

Moves
17 Sep 15
1 edit

He wants you to do it for him, because he doesn't know how to do it for himself. But he's too proud to admit it, so he wants you to think it's your responsibility for finding this information for him. Or maybe he's just lazy and/or low on power, and doesn't want to overtax himself.Oh please... when have you ever known him to be genuinely interested in anything other than his own high opinion of himself? He will use anything he can find or imagine against you, and if you give him the benefit of the doubt he will even try using that against you.

Good grief, this must be some of your dreariest "banter" ever.

Here are a couple of questions I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on:

1. Do you think the biological factors contributing to homosexual orientation, such as they are, can be absent in a person who then nevertheless goes on to live his or her life as a homosexual?

2. Presumably you don't think that it can be solely and exclusively environmental factors that determine the sexual orientation of a person who lives his or her life as a homosexual. Would that be right?

robbie declined to discuss them.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Sep 15

Dive and F are like two peas in a pod except for what they say about God... but with dive I'm wondering if it's all BS or if maybe he's hedging his bets. In other words he's comfortable with making his bed in Satan's world, but if he discovers there really is a God, and there really is a heaven and hell, then maybe he's hoping what little lip service he has paid to God will be enough to get him off the hook so he can avoid going to hell. Hedging ones bets among people can work because people can be fooled, but if he sincerely thinks God could be fooled by such a ploy then he has no idea who God really is.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]He wants you to do it for him, because he doesn't know how to do it for himself. But he's too proud to admit it, so he wants you to think it's your responsibility for finding this information for him. Or maybe he's just lazy and/or low on power, and doesn't want to overtax himself.Oh please... when have you ever known him to be genuinely interested in anythin ...[text shortened]... lives his or her life as a homosexual. Would that be right?

robbie declined to discuss them.
Get real.

I'm not playing your game any more... when is that going to sink in?

Never?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Sep 15

Dive and F are like two peas in a pod except for what they say about God... but with dive I'm wondering if it's all BS or if maybe he's hedging his bets. In other words he's comfortable with making his bed in Satan's world, but if he discovers there really is a God, and there really is a heaven and hell, then maybe he's hoping what little lip service he h ...[text shortened]... if he sincerely thinks God could be fooled by such a ploy then he has no idea who God really is.
Fortunately the heaven and hell thing is 100% made up fairy tales by mankind to control the unruly and all you do when you buy into that crap is to live your life in fear. It's also interesting that this thread has generated 400 posts about gay people.

F

Moves
17 Sep 15

Get real.

I'm not playing your game any more... when is that going to sink in?

Never?
Your "banter" seems to based on the premise that you have 'serious' things you want to discuss. But there is little evidence of it. Indeed, you take flight from many discussions ~ always in a flurry of clumsy deflections. If you don't want to discuss what determines homosexual behaviour and other related issues pertinent to this topic, one wonders what you are doing on this thread.

F

Moves
17 Sep 15

Dive and F are like two peas in a pod except for what they say about God... but with dive I'm wondering if it's all BS or if maybe he's hedging his bets. In other words he's comfortable with making his bed in Satan's world, but if he discovers there really is a God, and there really is a heaven and hell, then maybe he's hoping what little lip service he has paid to God will be enough to get him off the hook so he can avoid going to hell. Hedging ones bets among people can work because people can be fooled, but if he sincerely thinks God could be fooled by such a ploy then he has no idea who God really is.

Does your theology seriously have you thinking that 'not believing in eternal torment/torture' ~ the doctrinal difference of opinion you have with divegeester ~ will result in a follower of Christ (a Christian) punished with eternal torment/torture? Is it your serious and sincere belief, or is this just "banter"?

rc

Moves
17 Sep 15

Oh please... when have you ever known him to be genuinely interested in anything other than his own high opinion of himself? He will use anything he can find or imagine against you, and if you give him the benefit of the doubt he will even try using that against you.
Yes this has been my experience too. A cynical almost sadistic personality who for whatever reason gets his jollies by inflicting whatever suffering he can on people.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Sep 15

Yes this has been my experience too. A cynical almost sadistic personality who for whatever reason gets his jollies by inflicting whatever suffering he can on people.
Hilarious hyperbole!! You're describing a serial killer here not a person who asks questions on a chess website forum.