Former Aologiest for Gay Theology

Former Aologiest for Gay Theology

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Can you tell us how the validity of the conclusions that he makes are effected in any way by his willingness to charge someone for christian counselling?
Does he make any money out of counselling people about their homosexual orientation?

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

[You] ...call into question the trustworthiness of the lecturer based on some perceived moral reprehensibility with regard to him charging people for christian counseling.
I was under the impression both you and I "perceived" it, no?

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Does he make any money out of counselling people about their homosexual orientation?
Sorry i fail to see where you answer the question, ill repeat it for you again.

Can you tell us how the validity of the conclusions that he makes in his lecture are effected in any way by his willingness to charge someone for christian counselling?

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
I was under the impression both you and I "perceived" it, no?
I know why i found it morally reprehensible although i have no idea as to what your reasons might be.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

Can you tell us how the validity of the conclusions that he makes in his lecture are effected in any way by his willingness to charge someone for christian counselling?
If he makes any money out of counselling people about their homosexual orientation, and you declare this to be morally reprehensible, then certainly his motivations can be questioned when he makes claims about homosexual orientation but keeps the studies he based his claims on secret.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

I know why i found it morally reprehensible although i have no idea as to what your reasons might be.
You either find him reprehensible or you don't. It's a matter for you.

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
If he makes any money out of counselling people about their homosexual orientation, and you declare this to be morally reprehensible, then certainly his motivations can be questioned when he makes claims about homosexual orientation but keeps the studies he based his claims on secret.
I see so taking your assertion to its logical conclusion you think that he fabricated those studies or at very least distorted their findings because he wants to make money from counseling people who are homosexual.

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You either find him reprehensible or you don't. It's a matter for you.
No you have stated that you also perceived 'it', made with reference to him being morally reprehensible, what are your reasons for having 'perceived it'.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

I see so taking your assertion to its logical conclusion you think that he fabricated those studies or at very least distorted their findings because he wants to make money from counseling people who are homosexual.
If you could provide us with links to the 26 studies he was supposedly citing, then it would perhaps clear it up. Instead, we face a situation where he appears to be keeping them secret ~ if they exist ~ and you citing a statistic from one of them without having seen the study in question.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

No you have stated that you also perceived 'it', made with reference to him being morally reprehensible, what are your reasons for having 'perceived it'.
I would say a Christian charging Christians for Christian counsel is reprehensible, but I am not an American and I may be also a bit old-fashioned.

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If you could provide us with links to the 26 studies he was supposedly citing, then it would perhaps clear it up. Instead, we face a situation where he appears to be keeping them secret ~ if they exist ~ and you citing a statistic from one of them without having seen the study in question.
So you have therefore no evidence that he fabricated or distorted their content if they do in fact exist and that any insinnuations you have made on the basis of being unable to have access to those studies is also pure conjecture. Thank you for your honesty in this regard.

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
I would say a Christian charging Christians for Christian counsel is reprehensible, but I am not an American and I may be also a bit old-fashioned.
So your reason for finding him morally reprehensible are that you're not american and you are old fashioned, wow - thats wired.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15
1 edit

So your reason for finding him morally reprehensible are that you're not american and you are old fashioned, wow - thats wired.
No. As I said, it's because he is a Christian charging Christians for Christian counsel, which I suspect is the same reason as you have for not liking his ethics in this matter.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

So you have therefore no evidence that he fabricated or distorted their content if they do in fact exist and that any assertions you have made on the basis of being unable to have access to those studies is also pure conjecture. Thank you for your honesty in this regard.
What assertions have I made? Why don't you paste them verbatim here in your response to this?

Moves
16 Sep 15

you are not back on ignore your question was simply an irrelevance to the subject at hand.
You were clearly misunderstanding the difference between a study and a Google search. The former is what you were asked for, the latter is what you provided. So yes, my question was in fact spot on.