Former Aologiest for Gay Theology

Former Aologiest for Gay Theology

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you have insinuated by the use of questions that you think that either the studies themselves do not exist or have been fabricated or distorted in some way,...
Copy paste the bits of my posts you mean and we shall see if any of my inquiries or observation are illegitimate. Copy past your 'favourite' two or three.

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Who can say? He's a strange kind of "scientist" if he is keeping them secret or he does not feel obligated to reveal what they are. Perhaps he's just a polemicist drumming up business, I don't know. What do you think? There is certainly close to zero academic or scientific integrity shown with this video and the studies it is supposedly based on. Then again, as you have pointed out, Joe Dallas is "morally reprehensible".
So you have watched the video. In what sense is citing findings from the New England Medical journal and studies like the Bailey, Dunne and Martin study of twins in Australia demonstrating zero academic or scientific integrity.

I find him morally reprehensible for charging people for christian counseling not on the basis of his scientific and academic integrity and certainly not because I am old fashioned and a non american.

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Copy paste the bits of my posts you mean and we shall see if any of my inquiries or observation are illegitimate. Copy past your 'favourite' two or three.
they are there for all to see all we need to explain is why you were interested in ascertaining their existence or otherwise.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

So you have watched the video. In what sense is citing findings from the New England Medical journal and studies like the Bailey, Dunne and Martin study of twins in Australia demonstrating zero academic or scientific integrity.
Have you got links to these studies? Has he provided them? Do you know what "academic or scientific integrity" is?

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Have you got links to these studies? Has he provided them? Do you know what "academic or scientific integrity" is?
You have made a claim FMF that his presentation contains zero academic and scientific integrity and yes I have links to some of these studies, so we shall ask you gain in what sense is this demonstrating zero academic and scientific integrity? Here sia link to one of the studies cited below.

http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/JMichael-Bailey/Publications/Bailey%20et%20al.%20twins,2000.pdf

Is this demonstrating zero academic and scientific integrity as you have rather inadvertently blurted out?

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

they are there for all to see all we need to explain is why you were interested in ascertaining their existence or otherwise.
The issue of Joe Dallas' credibility is easily cleared up. As I said, if he (or you) were to provide us with links to the 26 studies that he was supposedly citing. Instead, as things stand, he appears to be keeping them secret ~ which does not seem to bother you as you have cited a statistic from one of the studies without having seen it and without being able to show it to anyone. Like I asked before, robbie, do you even know what "academic or scientific integrity" actually is?

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

You have made a claim FMF that his presentation contains zero academic and scientific integrity and yes I have links to some of these studies, so we shall ask you gain in what sense is this demonstrating zero academic and scientific integrity?
He provided no links to back up his claims. This is an example of demonstrating close to zero academic or scientific integrity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 15
4 edits

Originally posted by biffo konker
Originally posted by sonship
[b]Prove it.
That would be evidence from their OWN websites or their own advertising.

Yes,of course.
http://www.joedallas.com
on the right hand side of the page click on 'counceling and consultations'
I read this.

Our standard rate is $100 per fifty-minute session. Sliding scale rates are available on a case by case basis and are determined in person. Services can be paid for by check, cash, money order or Visa/Mastercard. We do not accept insurance payments, but we’ll be glad to provide you with statement to submit to your insurance company. Counselees are provided with an assessment and ongoing action plan.

You may know that people tend to take seriously what they invest in with funds. Some less than serious people can waste a great deal of time for counselors.

Take some of the people on this Forum for example. They might want to mossy in to the office and waste hours receiving "counseling" for no other purpose but to justify their homosexuality.

Investing funds for the session can be practical in the sense that capable people are giving up time to do this work. They could be spending time elsewhere. And charging for their time can be a way to separate the ones wanting serious help from off the street yahoos who want to come in and argue for free.

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
The issue of Joe Dallas' credibility is easily cleared up. As I said, if he (or you) were to provide us with links to the 26 studies that he was supposedly citing. Instead, as things stand, he appears to be keeping them secret ~ which does not seem to bother you as you have cited a statistic from one of the studies without having seen it and without being able t ...[text shortened]... ke I asked before, robbie, do you even know what "academic or scientific integrity" actually is?
You were about to tell us how citing certain studies (one of which has been provided) is demonstrating zero academic and scientific integrity. You have not said.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

You were about to tell us how citing certain studies (one of which has been provided) is demonstrating zero academic and scientific integrity. You have not said.
Can you copy paste where I said he "is demonstrating zero academic and scientific integrity"?

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
He provided no links to back up his claims. This is an example of demonstrating close to zero academic or scientific integrity.
I have just provided you with a link to a study that was referenced during his lecture, it took 2 minutes to source it, are you willing now to state that his lecture contained some credible academic and scientific data?

rc

Moves
16 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Can you copy paste where I said he "is demonstrating zero academic and scientific integrity"?
This is an example of demonstrating close to zero academic or scientific integrity. - FMF

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

This is an example of demonstrating close to zero academic or scientific integrity. - FMF
Yes, I reckon it is close to zero. If his theory is academic or scientific he should cite his sources. He mentions 26 studies. How many of them did he provide details of. As long as it's not all of them, I'd say it is "...is an example of demonstrating close to zero academic or scientific integrity". I assume, on some level, you agree with me but may be reluctant to say so.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

I find him morally reprehensible for charging people for christian counseling not on the basis of his scientific and academic integrity and certainly not because I am old fashioned and a non american.
I find him morally reprehensible too. We are agreed on that.

F

Moves
16 Sep 15

I have just provided you with a link to a study that was referenced during his lecture, it took 2 minutes to source it, are you willing now to state that his lecture contained some credible academic and scientific data?
Which part of it did he claim to be citing?

I handle hundreds of academic articles and studies every year at masters and PhD level and for academic journals, and I reckon Joe Dallas is a guy drumming up money for his private practice and not someone who exhibits much in the way of academic integrity.