1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 13:25
    @suzianne said
    Jesus brought a new covenant, not the "same old" covenant.
    Yes He did. The new covenant is contained in the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth and is consistent with the concepts set forth in Ezekiel 18 as listed earlier.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 13:301 edit
    @suzianne said
    Except that Jesus was not "just another prophet".

He was the only begotten Son of God, sent on a mission from God, to shed innocent blood in exchange for the sins of man, "... a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."
    I understand. The gospel in which you believe is not the same as the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Nevertheless concepts set forth in Ezekiel 18 are clearly integral to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 14:53
    @thinkofone said
    I understand. The gospel in which you believe is not the same as the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Nevertheless concepts set forth in Ezekiel 18 are clearly integral to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
    Is the 'while He walked the Earth' really necessary?

Do you do that when you reference Einstein,..while he walked the Earth?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 00:141 edit
    @ThinkOfOne

God said otherwise:
    Ezekiel 18
    21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

Where in Ezekiel 18 or anywhere around there are we told God is speaking of eternal destinies ?

It is there just speaking of living or dying.

Paul, which you falsely accuse of contradicting Christ, warned the Corinthians that some of them had become sick and evey physically died because of their abuse of the Lord's table meeting.

For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not discern the body.

Because of this many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep. (1 Cor. 11:29,30)

Being Christians in the church in Corinth there they had been justified by faith. It didn't stop them from being disciplined by God as to this life though they had secured eternal life.

Paul's letters are filled with exhortations to live in Christ by grace in a manner worthy of the calling of redemption.

Ezekiel 18 is not a chapter on anyone's eternal destiny. God was reacting to the abuse of a proverb the people were exploiting which they assumed from the history of the theocratic nation. Namely, past generations' sins negatively effected the circumstances of their descendents.

" What do you mean by using this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers eat sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge? " (Ezek 18:2)

God corrected them to not use this excuse but realize they were all directly responsible to God when being disciplined.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 19:092 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

[quote] God said otherwise:
    Ezekiel 18
    21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, ...[text shortened]... to not use this excuse but realize they were all directly responsible to God when being disciplined.
    Why are you ignoring my latest posts to you and are instead responding to an earlier post?

You once again seem to have lost track of our discussion.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that God explicitly states that for those who cease to sin "“all his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him."
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 19:19
    @thinkofone said
    Why are you ignoring my latest posts to you and are instead responding to an earlier post?

You once again seem to have lost track of our discussion.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that God explicitly states that for those who cease to sin "“all his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him."
    Of course, Jesus also 'explicitly states' He was sent by God.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 05:53
    @sonship said
    @karoly-aczel

Huh? Blood of Christ?

Is this a metaphor?

Please! I hate these Christian abstractions.
    My soul was redeemed through hard work and a sound teacher ...

Metaphors never have any meaning ?

You are enthusiastic about Zen Buddhist koans and metaphors and what they indicate mean nothing to you ?

Oh, perhaps just Christian metap ...[text shortened]... d fashion style - But look carefully at the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0P3mVnX69Y
    Catch the metaphors
    They're everywhere
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 05:57
    @thinkofone said
    [b]We came under the law of God and were held guilty by it. The cost to redeem us out from the curse of the law was costly. You and I could not pay it...
    There will be no mistaking that this righteous and innocent human life ALONE could redeem us out from under the law's valid claim of our punishment of payment...
    It is not a forgiveness that just ignores the debt. It i ...[text shortened]... tent with the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. You believe in a different gospel.
    True. All one need do is repent and abide in the word of the law. The rest is an automatic process of transformation
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 06:19
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Well, since they have Jesus returning from the dead and going off to heaven it distinguishes it from a statement made to one of the Apostles by appearing in a dream or some such. Although I tend to agree, "during his ministry" might be a more normal way of specifying that.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 15:34
    @deepthought said
    Well, since they have Jesus returning from the dead and going off to heaven it distinguishes it from a statement made to one of the Apostles by appearing in a dream or some such. Although I tend to agree, "during his ministry" might be a more normal way of specifying that.
    Yes, I agree it turns a Jesus into someone different if He is just a he, where He goes from the Son of man and Son of God to just a guy who lived once and died and stayed that way.

It also means His message came from one sent to us from just another guy, instead of the One and only One who created the universe. It also means the one here who is suggesting this is a gutless puke that cannot admit his views while attacking others for their faith.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 16:52
    @deepthought said
    Well, since they have Jesus returning from the dead and going off to heaven it distinguishes it from a statement made to one of the Apostles by appearing in a dream or some such.

Bingo.

That anyone should struggle understanding this concept is the true marvel here. But then, it is GoaD after all.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 16:581 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, I agree it turns a Jesus into someone different if He is just a he, where He goes from the Son of man and Son of God to just a guy who lived once and died and stayed that way.

It also means His message came from one sent to us from just another guy, instead of the One and only One who created the universe. It also means the one here who is suggesting this is a gutless puke that cannot admit his views while attacking others for their faith.
    It also means the one here who is suggesting this is a gutless puke that cannot admit his views while attacking others for their faith.

Yet somehow you're the one who - when unable to formulate even a reasonable argument against what I post (no less a cogent one) - resorts to juvenile ad homs like here.

I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

You believe in a very different gospel.

Why do you so hate truth?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 18:401 edit
    @thinkofone said
    Well, since they have Jesus returning from the dead and going off to heaven it distinguishes it from a statement made to one of the Apostles by appearing in a dream or some such.

Bingo.

That anyone should struggle understanding this concept is the true marvel here. But then, it is GoaD after all.
    While Jesus walked the Earth, He said clearly that he was sent by God. How do you account for this?

(And yes, I'm aware you use the tiresome 'while He walked the Earth' to strip away any hint of the supernatural or miraculous, and yet still fail to explain why this Earth walking man told people He was sent by God).

(For Deepthought - ThinkOfOne doesn't believe in the divinity of Jesus or apparently the whole 'sent by God thing,' though is 'never' willing to talk about this to clarify).
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 18:573 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    While Jesus walked the Earth, He said clearly that he was sent by God. How do you account for this?

(And yes, I'm aware you use the tiresome 'while He walked the Earth' to strip away any hint of the supernatural or miraculous, and yet still fail to explain why this Earth walking man told people He was sent by God).

(For Deepthought - ThinkOfOne doesn't believe ...[text shortened]... apparently the whole 'sent by God thing,' though is 'never' willing to talk about this to clarify).
    GoaD is now going to try to pretend that he knew all along what DT had to explain to him after GoaD had asked the following:

Glad that the penny finally dropped for you.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 19:21
    @thinkofone said
    GoaD is now going to try to pretend that he knew all along what DT had to explain to him after GoaD had asked the following:

Glad that the penny finally dropped for you.
    This is not the first time I have posted about your tiresome:

'while He walked the Earth' to strip away any hint of the supernatural or miraculous, and yet still fail to explain why this Earth walking man told people He was sent by God.'

It is disingenuous of you to pretend otherwise. (No surprise there).

If your 'while He walked the Earth' truly was a way of differentiating his humanity then it is incumbent upon you to rationalize what he was on about when He said He was sent by God. (Which of course you refuse to do).

(Now, of course, you will just cut and paste your previous post).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree