1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 00:26
    @sonship said
    What deals with the condemning conscience is the blood of Christ's redemption. The salvation of Jesus Christ will put the human conscience at PEACE. An extraordinary and supernatural PEACE because God says -

"Your sin has been PAID for in FULL ... by the Son of God on His cross."

Peace with God is PEACE. Peace with God through the blood of Jesus is a peace to the human conscience that the world cannot give.
    Huh? Blood of Christ?

Is this a metaphor?

Please! I hate these Christian abstractions.
    My soul was redeemed through hard work and a sound teacher ...
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 07:28
    @karoly-aczel said
    Huh? Blood of Christ?

Is this a metaphor?

Redemption is through grace, not merit, that is, unless you're talking about some kind of dime-store 'redemption', in which case you might be able to redeem a few books of green stamps for a toaster, or maybe a crock-pot.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 07:30
    @karoly-aczel said
    Indeed. No one can deceive their own conscience
    People actually do it all the time.

People claim to have voted for Donald Trump out of "conscience", for instance.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 15:423 edits
    @karoly-aczel

Huh? Blood of Christ?

Is this a metaphor?

Metaphors never have any meaning ?

You are enthusiastic about Zen Buddhist koans and metaphors and what they indicate mean nothing to you ?

Oh, perhaps just Christian metaphors get on your bad side.

You do not have to be concerned about any physical contact with the physical blood of the Son of Man who shed it on the cross of Calvary. But to believe in Him and His redemptive work the Holy Spirit (who is God) will apply the effectiveness of that redemption to you eternally.

I have learned totally not to despise "the blood of Jesus" because I know that His death redeemed me when any "hard work" of my fallen self could not do that.

"None can by any means redeem his brother or give to God a ransom for him

(For the redemption of their soul is costly and must be given up forever)." (Psalm 49:7)

We came under the law of God and were held guilty by it. The cost to redeem us out from the curse of the law was costly. You and I could not pay it. Jesus the Son of God paid it.

To make sure it is adquately understood that NO OTHER could redeem us and bear the judgment in our place, the whole matter is wrapped up in "the blood of Jesus" .

There will be no mistaking that this righteous and innocent human life ALONE could redeem us out from under the law's valid claim of our punishment of payment.

God would have it that all sinners realize that when He forgives it is not a sloppy sentimental forgiveness. It is not a forgiveness that just ignores the debt. It is a forgiveness that sees to it that the debt is PAID.

For you and I to pay it was terribly too heavy for us.
    In His love God has had it paid in the Son the Lamb of God.

The frequent reference to "the blood" makes it emphatic that it was His life given for you and I.

The wonderful thing is that the blood is there for God to see. You do not have to see it. "When I see the blood, I will pass over you." (Exodus 13:12)

It works of its own tremendous power. We just say "Amen" and believe.

Um, old fashion music style can still speak of truth. Don't despise here the old fashion style - But look carefully at the lyrics.

YouTube
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 16:271 edit
    @sonship said
    @karoly-aczel

Huh? Blood of Christ?

Is this a metaphor?

You are enthusiastic about Zen Buddhist koans and metaphors and what they indicate mean nothing to you ?

Oh, perhaps just Christian metap ...[text shortened]... d fashion style - But look carefully at the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0P3mVnX69Y
    We came under the law of God and were held guilty by it. The cost to redeem us out from the curse of the law was costly. You and I could not pay it...
    There will be no mistaking that this righteous and innocent human life ALONE could redeem us out from under the law's valid claim of our punishment of payment...
    It is not a forgiveness that just ignores the debt. It is a forgiveness that sees to it that the debt is PAID...
    For you and I to pay it was terribly too heavy for us...

God said otherwise:
    Ezekiel 18
    21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

The above is consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. You believe in a different gospel.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 17:255 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

God said otherwise:
    Ezekiel 18
    21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

The above is consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. You believe in a different gospel.

The thread on Four Kinds of Forgiveness should be of some help to people confused about seemingly contradictory passages on forgiveness.

The passage you point to would not eradicate the whole system of offerings and sacrifices which the Israelites were instructed to practice with their Levitical priests.

But it would add a dimension to the theocratic nation's ongoing life under God's government.

By the way, it is doubtful that you have turned from ALL of your wicked ways before God. So I would take no comfort that Ezekiel 18:21 is better for you then eternal redemption through Christ.

I doubt that you have repented and turned from the sin of denying in your heart that God even exists.

" The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they commit abominable deeds; There is none that does good." (Psalm 14:1)

Don't pat yourself on the back that you know you have obeyed Ezekiel 18:21 sitting there teaching the Bible, supposedly, as a secretive Atheist.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 17:384 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

Would you like to demonstrate that so we need not JUST take your word for it ?

Folks "Jesus while He walked the Earth" is ToO's code language for "No Son of God. No miracles. No resurrection in the New Testament."

In other words ThinkOFOne is proclaiming - "Jesus' walk on earth was like MY present walk on earth."
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 20:00
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Folks "Jesus while He walked the Earth" is ToO's code language for "No Son of God. No miracles. No resurrection in the New Testament."
    ...[text shortened]... ords ThinkOFOne is proclaiming - "Jesus' walk on earth was like MY present walk on earth."
    While 'Jesus walked the Earth' He preached that he was sent by God.

There is no getting around that (rendering ToO's dodging really quite ludicrous).
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 17:081 edit
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

[quote] God said otherwise:
    Ezekiel 18
    21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, ...[text shortened]... ve obeyed Ezekiel 18:21 sitting there teaching the Bible, supposedly, as a secretive Atheist.
    The point that jaywill is avoiding is that God clearly and unambiguously declared that in order to "live", one must cease to sin.

The passage you point to would not eradicate the whole system of offerings and sacrifices which the Israelites were instructed to practice with their Levitical priests.

With the later OT prophets a recurring theme is that God no longer wants sacrifice. For example:
    Isaiah 1
    11“What is your multitude of sacrifices to Me?”
    says the LORD.
    “I am full from the burnt offerings of rams
    and the fat of well-fed cattle;
    I take no delight in the blood of bulls,
    of lambs and goats.
    12When you come to appear before Me,
    who has required this of you—
    this trampling of My courts?
    13Bring your worthless offerings no more;
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 17:131 edit
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

...[text shortened]... ords ThinkOFOne is proclaiming - "Jesus' walk on earth was like MY present walk on earth."
    In the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth, Jesus echoes, illustrates and refers to concepts set forth in Ezekiel 18. 

For example: 
    1) In Ezekiel 18 God says, " I will judge each of you according to your own ways". 
    In Matthew 16 Jesus says, "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS. " 

2) In Ezekiel 18, God says, " Repent and live" 
    In Luke 13, Jesus says, "unless you repent, you too will all perish" 

3) In Ezekiel 18 God says: 
    "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?..Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?". 
    In Luke 15:11-31 Jesus illustrates this in The Parable of the Lost Son.
    In Luke 15:3-7 Jesus illustrates this in part in The Parable of the Lost Sheep 
    In Luke 15:8-10 Jesus illustrates this in part in The Parable of the Lost Coin 
    In Matthew 20:1-15 Jesus illustrates this in part in The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard 

4) In Ezekiel 18 God says that those who repent and no longer commit sin will "live" and. those who do not repent and continue to sin will "die". 
    In John 8 Jesus says: 
    "34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin." 
    31...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” 
    36 So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. " 
    35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. 
    51 Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.” 

>>>Clearly concepts set forth in Ezekiel 18 are integral to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 23:30
    @suzianne said
    Redemption is through grace, not merit, that is, unless you're talking about some kind of dime-store 'redemption', in which case you might be able to redeem a few books of green stamps for a toaster, or maybe a crock-pot.
    You obviously have no idea. Poor thing
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 23:34
    @sonship said
    @karoly-aczel

Huh? Blood of Christ?

Is this a metaphor?

Oh, perhaps just Christian metap ...[text shortened]... d fashion style - But look carefully at the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0P3mVnX69Y
    I've embraced Christian metaphors. They sing fine tunes
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 12:42
    @thinkofone said
    [b]We came under the law of God and were held guilty by it. The cost to redeem us out from the curse of the law was costly. You and I could not pay it...
    There will be no mistaking that this righteous and innocent human life ALONE could redeem us out from under the law's valid claim of our punishment of payment...
    It is not a forgiveness that just ignores the debt. It i ...[text shortened]... tent with the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. You believe in a different gospel.
    Jesus brought a new covenant, not the "same old" covenant.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 12:43
    @karoly-aczel said
    You obviously have no idea. Poor thing
    Look who's talking.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 12:49
    @thinkofone said
    In the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth, Jesus echoes, illustrates and refers to concepts set forth in Ezekiel 18. 

For example: 
    1) In Ezekiel 18 God says, " I will judge each of you according to your own ways". 
    In Matthew 16 Jesus says, "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN A ...[text shortened]... epts set forth in Ezekiel 18 are integral to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
    Except that Jesus was not "just another prophet".

He was the only begotten Son of God, sent on a mission from God, to shed innocent blood in exchange for the sins of man, "... a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree