Followers of Witness Lee...

Followers of Witness Lee...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
If you are able to dismiss the fossil record with a silly 'wink' emoji, there is nothing I can provide which will satisfy you.

It's looking like you have no alternative theory at all, which rather suggests that your only purpose in repeatedly asserting that the theory of evolution is 'unscientific' is trolling. No real surprise there.
I’m asking you what your evidence is.

Just saying “The fossil record” isn’t evidence, especially since so much of the fossil record (lack of transitional fossils, no pre-Cambrian fossils, etc.) *goes against* the theory of evolution.

You gotta get specific.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I’m asking you what your evidence is.

Just saying “The fossil record” isn’t evidence, especially since so much of the fossil record (lack of transitional fossils, no pre-Cambrian fossils, etc.) *goes against* the theory of evolution.

You gotta get specific.
Nah, I don't feed trolls.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
Nah, I don't feed trolls.
So you can’t produce evidence and so start with the insults. Yawn.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
So you can’t produce evidence and so start with the insults. Yawn.
An accurate label is no insult

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
An accurate label is no insult
Whatever floats your boat, champ 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21
5 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Regularly on this site, we see Sonship attempting to corrupt scripture to accommodate the nonsensical and blasphemous ravings of Witness Lee, squeeze man into the Godhead as a 4 in 1 deity.

Produce a quote from any Living Stream Publication about either moving, growing, squeezing or any way "into the Godhead". (reference to a third party critic is not valid)

Here is how you can find one if one exists.
Go to www.ministrybooks.org use the powerful search engine on the phrase "into the Godhead" or just "Godhead",

You will get hundreds of hits. I usually only do one word. There are methods of looking for phrases. Cut and paste ANY quotation the entire sentence where you see the phrase into the Godhead . If you find some writing POSTIVELY about believers into the Godhead I will start a thread entitled:

"I WAS GRAVELY WRONG!" or "WITNESS LEE WAS WRONG!"

Remember - something said about "into the GodHEAD"
Not simply "into God".

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Whatever floats your boat, champ 😉
Obvious troll is obvious

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21
4 edits

Regularly on this site, we see Sonship attempting to corrupt scripture to accommodate the nonsensical and blasphemous ravings of Witness Lee, squeeze man into the Godhead as a 4 in 1 deity.

Since you KNEW that 4 in 1 was not about "squeezing" into the Godhead, you deliberately mispresented Witness Lee didn't you?

You KNEW "4 in 1" does not mean man becomes the Godhead and you can't find that written, AND it has been shown to you before that 4 in 1 did not mean that. You deliberately and slanderously were dishonest. about it.

" squeeze man into the Godhead as a 4 in 1 deity"

You deliberately lied about what Lee or I meant, didn't you?

Moves
22 Dec 21

@sonship said

Remember - something said about "into the GodHEAD"
Not simply "into God".
You may see 'into God' and 'into the Godhead' as different things, I don't.

I have already provided quotes from Witness Lee that speak of a 4 in 1 God. You can flap around that all you want.

Heads up. A group that has leaders called Witness or Watchman, who claim to speak higher truths, or who promise you deification, is a cult.

Moves
22 Dec 21

@sonship said

Since you KNEW that 4 in 1 was not about "squeezing" into the Godhead, you deliberately mispresented Witness Lee didn't you?

You KNEW "4 in 1" does not mean ma ...[text shortened]... into the Godhead as a 4 in 1 deity"

You deliberately lied about what Lee or I meant, didn't you?
The problem with Witness Lee is that he is effectively saying, 'we are God, but we are not God.'

It has befuddled your brain.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21
3 edits

"sons of God"
"children of God"
"partakers of the divine nature"
"His seed"
"holy brothers"
"we shall be like Him"
"Bride"
"Wife"
"habitation of God in spirit"
"into the same image"
"from glory to glory"
"His inheritance"
"New Jerusalem"
"golden lampstands"
"No longer I but Christ"
"holy temple in the Lord"
"Body of Christ"
"the may be perfected into one"
"one spirit"
"in Him was life"
"Receive the Holy Spirit"
"all the words of this life"
"life giving Spirit"
"I in them and you in Me"
"firstborn among many brothers"
"Christ in you the hope of glory"
"Christ our life"
"the fullness of the One who fills all in all"
"I am the vine you are the branches"
"one new man"
"I and the children you have given Me'
"swallowed up in life"
"put on Christ"
"Christ our life"

Sorry Ghost, all these biblical phrases don't just mean for you "go to Sunday school"

Moves
22 Dec 21

@sonship said
"sons of God"
"children of God"
"partakers of the divine nature"
"His seed"
"holy brothers"
"we shall be like Him"
"Bride"
"Wife"
"habitation of God in spirit"
"into the same image"
"from glory to glory"
"His inheritance"
"New Jerusalem"
"golden lampstands"
[b]"N ...[text shortened]...
Sorry Ghost, all these biblical phrases don't just mean for you "go to Sunday school"
Why have you cherry-picked and avoided:

“We are of the human nature, but covered with the divine."
"He is the God-man, and we are the God-men."
"In nature we are exactly the same.”
“We are human and divine’.”
“God’s economy and plan is to make Himself man and to make us, His created beings, God.’"
"We are ‘God-ized.’"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Thanks.

The distinction is that the phrases I gave you were right out of the NT text.
Your samples were very good. But they are expository utterances from one
teaching about the former.

Nice try though.
Go get some more!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21
1 edit

Ghost, my complexion is dark skinned.
Please don't hold you breath waiting for me to turn red with embarrassment.

Readers, is there any one of the phrases you would would like me to speak to as to how I feel about it?

“We are of the human nature, but covered with the divine."
"He is the God-man, and we are the God-men."
"In nature we are exactly the same.”
“We are human and divine’.”
“God’s economy and plan is to make Himself man and to make us, His created beings, God.’"
"We are ‘God-ized.’"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21
7 edits

The Apostle John explains to his Christian audience WHY they are protected from sinning. It is because God's seed in them cannot sin.

Now think about this. God's SEED in the believer is incapable of falling under the sin nature.

"Everyone who has been begotten of God does not practice sin, . . . " (1 John 3:9a)

"BUT WHY APOSTLE JOHN ??"

" . . . because His [God's] seed abides in him; and he cannot sin because he has been begotten of God."

" WHERE did you get this Apostle John, from Witness Lee ?!
Why we're all shocked, Apostle John. We didn't suspect that YOU were a follower of the Chinaman Witness Lee ( 1905 - 1997). "

1 John 3:9 - "Everyone who has been BEGOTTEN OF GOD . . . does not practice sin, because HIS SEED . . . abides in him and he cannot sin, because he has been BEGOTTEN . . . of God."

"WELL, if what you say is true John, then we Christians need to give utmost attention to that seed of God planted in us, to water it, to grow it, to pay attention to abide under its influence. For that SEED is . . . the life of God Himself. Shouldn't we John?"

"Oh, and John, we think you should disassociate yourself with that Witness Lee person. He has a bad reputation you know with some religious people these days. Better not associate yourself too closely with him."