1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 11:53
    ...are the enemies of the cross of Christ.

Sonship has been hoisted with his own petard. (It's a Shakespeare thing). Having condemned JWs as the enemy of Christ for following the wrong Jesus, he has inadvertently shone the spotlight on the abomination of Witness Lee and the Living Stream Ministry which he himself subscribes to.

"For many walk, of whom I have told you often and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ, . . . " (Phil. 3:17,18)

Regularly on this site, we see Sonship attempting to corrupt scripture to accommodate the nonsensical and blasphemous ravings of Witness Lee, squeeze man into the Godhead as a 4 in 1 deity. Lee himself described Christians as being in an organization of Satan and claimed to speak higher truths.

It is Sonship on RHP who has truly corrupted what Jesus represented and conveyed and is he alone that is (in his own words) the enemy of Christ.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 13:576 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

While telling me to be brave and apologize, why are you timid to not quote an entire passage I referred to ?

Don't be afraid. I quoted this.
    "Be imitators together of me, brothers, and observe those who thus walk even as you have us as a pattern. For many walk, of whom I have told you often and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ." (Phil. 3:17,18)

The question is are you also hostile to the work of the Son of God on His cross?
    While you want to rally support for Galveston, are YOU an enemy of Christ using the Forum to stand on your soap box of "There are no Gods or gods".

Why are you using Galveston for a proxy when it seems your OWN enmity against God and Christ is what you really want to protect?

(I notice now that you at least supplied more of the sentence yet not the entire quote I referred to.)
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 14:071 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

While telling me to be brave and apologize, why are you timid to not quote an entire passage I referred to ?

[b]"Be imitators together of me, brothers, and observe those who thus walk even as you have us as a pattern. For many walk, of whom I have told you of ...[text shortened]... notice now that you at least supplied more of the sentence) yet not the entire quote I referred to.
    Paul condemns your stupid doctrine you preach that you can sin all you want and still get eternal life. You should take note and stop preaching lies to people stupid enough to believe you:

I have told you this many times before, and now I repeat it with tears: there are many whose lives make them enemies of Christ's death on the cross. They are going to end up in hell, because their god is their bodily desires. They are proud of what they should be ashamed of, and they think only of things that belong to this world. (Philippians 3:18-19 GNB)

Paul addresses Christian Saints
    These are born again
    Saved by Grace through faith
    Justified by the blood of Christ
    Regenerated Saints
    If they live unrighteously
    They are enemies of Christ
    And will GO TO HELL

Paul preaches a totally contrary doctrine to You and your God Witness Lee
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 14:09
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

[b]"Be imitators together of me, brothers, and observe those who thus walk even as you have us as a pattern. For many walk, of whom I have told you of ...[text shortened]... notice now that you at least supplied more of the sentence) yet not the entire quote I referred to.)
    I think you confuse atheists with Satanists. We don't sit around all day plotting the destruction of God. We don't believe in God. How can something we don't believe in be our enemy?

The issue here is you telling another Christian they are the enemy of Christ due to not subscribing to the view of Christ you hold (while simultaneously being influenced and led astray by a charlatan.)

I do believe religion as a whole (which includes JWs) is holding us back as a species, clinging to a past of superstition rather than embracing a future of scientific progress and understanding.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 14:192 edits
    Ghost is an atheist.
    Actually, I would say he is an anti-theist.

Occasionally he comes with crocodile tears bemoaning that all Bible readers don't sing Kumbaya whether Jesus rose or not, is God or not, was the Son of God or just an archangel.

His show of "Why can't you all just get along?" is part of his anti-God/gods agenda he foists on the Spirituality Forum.

Like Rajk999, he just repeats accusations which have been effectively dealt with by me. Of course evidence is not persuasion. So he will just rehash his issues as if they have never been spoken to.

I showed in a parable right out of the mouth of Jesus that some who complained that they did not want Christ to be King and reign over them were called in the parable His enemies.

"However, these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

That is pretty strong. Remember Jesus also called His leading disciple Peter "Satan" once because Peter's mind was set on the things of men and not on God's will. Jesus was absolute. Jesus is the ONLY one absolute for the will of His Father.

"And Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, God be merciful to You, Lord! This shall by no means happen to You!

But He turned and said to Peter, Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me, for you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of men." (Matt. 16:22-23)

There was hope for Peter. He didn't spend the rest of his life licking his wounds and feeling sorry for himself. He received Christ's loving rebuke and repented of his lapse.

And there is hope for Galveston and Ghost of a Duke TOO.
    And there is hope for me which I regularly thank the Lord Jesus for.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 14:21
    @sonship said
    Ghost is an atheist.
    No, you don't get to define who I am or what I believe or don't believe. This is the error you repeatedly make on this site.

You don't listen.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 14:24
    @sonship said

Only if you back away from Witness Lee and stop corrupting the word of God.

Until then, you remain an enemy of Christ.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 14:372 edits
    @sonship said
    Ghost is an atheist.

Occasionally he comes with crocodile tears bemoaning that all Bible readers don't sing Kumbaya whether Jesus rose or not, is God or not, was the Son of God or just an archangel.

His show of "Why can't you all just get along?" is part of his anti-God/gods agenda he foists on the [b]Spiritua ...[text shortened]... ton and Ghost of a Duke TOO.
    The enemies who are slayed before Christ in Luke 19, are similar to your type that preach disobedience to the commandments. Just prior to this parable in Luke 19, there is the story of Zacchaeus

And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.(Luke 19:5-9 KJV)

Jesus abides with the righteous, the charitable, the honest people of the world. These are the friends of Christ.

You are the enemy of Christ because you have never once preached to anyone to be honest, truthful, charitable, and giving.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 15:021 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

No, you don't get to define who I am or what I believe or don't believe.

Hypocrisy. You can define what I am but I can't label you ?

You told me to grow a pair, implying cowardice.
    But should not display cowardice and own up to your claim that you know there is no Gods / gods. That is an atheist.

In fact in some moments you have made an unambiguous standing that there are no Gods or gods. I think bravery is not displayed by you when you obfuscate that this is only a "lack" and not a positive truth claim.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 15:03
    To the Satan worship matter.
    When the New Testament says that the whole world lies in the evil one [Satan] it does not mean that everyone in the world is a member of, say, the Church of Satan - loud and proud devotees to the Devil.

Rather it means the whole world has been deceived, which it has.
    " . . . the ancient serpent, he who is called the Devil and Satan, he who deceives the whole inhabited earth . . . " (Rev. 12:9a)

The whole world was offered by Satan to Jesus when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness. Jesus did not dispute that in a sense it belonged to the Devil.

"Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, All these will I give You if You will fall down and worship me.

Then Jesus said to him, Go away, Satan! For it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve." (Matt. 4:8-10)

Jesus did not dispute that all the worldly kingdoms were under Satan's authority. It doesn't mean everyone in the world was involved in say, The Church of Satan or deeply practicing the occult.

But friendship with the world is enmity with the Father, regardless. (James 4:4)
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 15:27
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

No, you don't get to define who I am or what I believe or don't believe.

Hypocrisy. You can define what I am but I can't label you ?

You told me to grow a pair, implying cowardice.
    But should not display cowardice and own up to your claim that you know there is no Gods / gods. That is an atheist.

In fact in some moments ...[text shortened]... s not displayed by you when you obfuscate that this is only a "lack" and not a positive truth claim.
    I have 'always' said there are no gods or God. I have been unequivocal about this.

Another example of you not listening.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 15:29
    @sonship said
    To the Satan worship matter.
    When the New Testament says that the whole world lies in the evil one [Satan] it does not mean that everyone in the world is a member of, say, the Church of Satan - loud and proud devotees to the Devil.

Rather it means the whole world has been deceived, which it has.
    " . . . the ancient serpent, he who is called the Devil and Sa ...[text shortened]... cult.

But friendship with the world is enmity with the Father, regardless. [b](James 4:4)
    Witness Lee specifically said Protestants and Catholics were in an organization of Satan. Do you dispute that?!
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 15:43
    @sonship

Let's explore Witness Lee's attempt to deify man:

“Christ is of two natures, the human and the divine, and we are the same: we are
    of the human nature, but covered with the divine. He is the God-man, and we are
    the God-men. He is the ark made of wood covered with gold, and we are the
    boards made of wood covered with gold. In number we are different, but in
    nature we are exactly the same.” — The All-Inclusive Christ, p.103 (1989)

“God can say to His believers, ‘I am divine and human,’ and His believers can
    reply, ‘Praise You, Lord. You are divine and human, and we are human and
    divine’.” — The Triune God to Be Life to the Tripartite Man, pp. 51-52 (1990)
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 15:472 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Witness Lee specifically said Protestants and Catholics were in an organization of Satan. Do you dispute that?!
    Thats the modus operandi of many churches.
    Witness Lee basically says everybody is going to hell except his Local Church
    The JWs say the WatchTower if Gods organization and they are the chosen people
    Catholics say the Pope and Catholics are Gods chosen people
    SDAs say only they have the truth
    The Protestants claim they are forgiven of all their sins and they go to heaven, everybody else goes to hell.

They all a bunch of jokers
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 15:49
    “My burden is to show you clearly that God’s economy and plan is to make
    Himself man and to make us, His created beings, ‘God,’ so that He is ‘man-ized’
    and we are ‘God-ized.’ In the end, He and we, we and He, all become Godmen.”

A Deeper Study of the Divine Dispensing, p. 54 (1990)

Crikey.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree