Fellowship, Fall, Salvation:

Fellowship, Fall, Salvation:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Don't be daft, I said you attack Suzianne.
So. You said that, and...?

Moves
01 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
So. You said that, and...?
You responded with something that had nothing to do with what I said.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
I believe we were kicked out of Eden so we wouldn't eat the tree of life in our fallen state, which I believe had Adam and Eve we all would have been in our sinful state forever.

Do you think Adam and Eve had any reason to die before eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil ?

I do not see any reason other than the forbidden fruit which would have brought death to them. So Adam as he was created had an everlasting life.

Since Adam had an everlasting life which was damaged and killed when he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the tree of life must stand for an everlasting life plus something else.

By just reading Genesis we could hardly ascertain what was the significance of this "tree of life". But by examining the whole Bible, especially the New Testament, we can see that it means more than just an endless blessed life. It signifies taking in God Himself.

God can have angels that live forever.
God can even have humans the live forever.
But God's eternal purpose is neither. It is to have humans who take in God and live God - in utter union with God.

The tree of life has to do with more than man living forever. The tree of life involves God and man being one. That is God dispensed into man. That is God building Himself into man and building man into God.

This fulfills not just man's need to be blessed and happy. It fulfills God's eternal plan to obtain something more than endless living angels or endless living human beings. It entails God and man being mingled together as one.

Comments?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 17

Originally posted by sonship
I believe we were kicked out of Eden so we wouldn't eat the tree of life in our fallen state, which I believe had Adam and Eve we all would have been in our sinful state forever.

Do you think Adam and Eve had any reason to die before eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil ?

I do not see any reason other than the forbidden ...[text shortened]... ndless living human beings. It entails God and man being mingled together as one.

Comments?
The wages of sin is death, without that sin I imagine they would still be alive today along
with everyone else born. So that sin did them in, as sin does us all in.

I have to get some sleep, will address rest later.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 17

I do not see any reason other than the forbidden ...[text shortened]... ndless living human beings. It entails God and man being mingled together as one.

Comments?
Think about God, the Beginning and the End, Almighty, All Knowing, the universe cannot
contain Him, He spoke the universe into reality. If He sets a time for something to end, it
will end, if He wants it to continue it will. So eternal life is something I think would not be at
all that hard for someone to whom nothing is impossible. If it can be done He can do it.

I do believe we all live forever, the location is what is going to be important, what state
are we in, a corrupt one, or incorruptible one? One God shows mercy too, or He will
show His wrath!

I cannot wait to see what God has planned, when evil's time ends and everything that
causes it will be forever dealt with. After that love will be the norm, and fear and suffering
will be gone along with death.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Think about God, the Beginning and the End, Almighty, All Knowing, the universe cannot
contain Him, He spoke the universe into reality. If He sets a time for something to end, it
will end, if He wants it to continue it will. So eternal life is something I think would not be at
all that hard for someone to whom nothing is impossible. If it can be done He ...[text shortened]... t with. After that love will be the norm, and fear and suffering
will be gone along with death.
Amen.

Maybe I'll have more to write latter.
I have a lot to say.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Jun 17

Amen.

Maybe I'll have more to write latter.
I have a lot to say.
Ain't that the truth.