Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 18

Good verse to contemplate in difficult times...

“It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.”

(Psalm 119:71)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Apr 18

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”

(1 Peter 2:24)

l

Moves
21 Apr 18

As with others.

John 3:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 18

“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”

(Romans 8:6-8)

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”

(Romans 8:6-8)
I am honestly starting to wonder if you are simply here to use parody to take the piss out of genuine Christians and the Bible verses that they hold dear.

Moves
25 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I am honestly starting to wonder if you are simply here to use parody to take the piss out of genuine Christians and the Bible verses that they hold dear.
It would finally have been a moment of honesty if you were talking about yourself.

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
It would finally have been a moment of honesty if you were talking about yourself.
Well, while I do post here as a non-believer, I do not in any shape or form offer a parody of Christians or their use of Bible verses.

I was talking about Romans1009 juxtapositioning deliberately offensive and infantile trolling with Bible verses and comparisons between himself and Jesus, etc. etc.

Sometimes it's almost as if he were an anti-Christian satirist lampooning OSAS Christians for their hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness.

Moves
25 Apr 18

Well, while I do post here as a non-believer, I do not in any shape or form offer a parody of Christians or their use of Bible verses.

I was talking about Romans1009 juxtapositioning deliberately offensive and infantile trolling with Bible verses and comparisons between himself and Jesus, etc. etc.

Sometimes it's almost as if he were an anti-Christian satirist lampooning OSAS Christians for their hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness.
Ironic isn't it that you are the one lampooning Romans for his use of Bible verses.

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Ironic isn't it that you are the one lampooning Romans for his use of Bible verses.
Romans1009's piss christ style use of Bible verses/comparisons of himself to Jesus doesn't require "lampooning". It is what it is. Beyond parody.

Moves
25 Apr 18

Romans1009's piss christ style use of Bible verses/comparisons of himself to Jesus doesn't require "lampooning". It is what it is. Beyond parody.
Isn't identifying with Christ what Christians do? Isn't that why they are called 'Christ-ians'? During all the decades that you were a Christian, did you never identify with Christ?

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Isn't identifying with Christ what Christians do? Isn't that why they are called 'Christ-ians'? During all the decades that you were a Christian, did you never identify with Christ?
He sought to compare his obnoxious childish trolling to Jesus speaking; he tried to hide behind a Bible quote. I have never known any other Christian to do that aside from a now-banned poster called robbie carrobie who had a similar mentality.

Moves
25 Apr 18

He sought to compare his obnoxious childish trolling to Jesus speaking; he tried to hide behind a Bible quote. I have never known any other Christian to do that aside from a now-banned poster called robbie carrobie who had a similar mentality.
Do you believe people who quote the Bible in order to justify their behavior should be banned from this site?

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Do you believe people who quote the Bible in order to justify their behavior should be banned from this site?
What's being "banned from this site" got to do with Romans1009's behaviour on this Forum?

Moves
25 Apr 18

What's being "banned from this site" got to do with Romans1009's behaviour on this Forum?
Why don't you tell me, you are the one that made a point about about the only other person who did what Romans did being banned.

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Why don't you tell me, you are the one that made a point about about the only other person who did what Romans did being banned.
robbie carrobie was banned for cheating the Clans system ~ or for bad mouthing the website's owner after being punished for cheating ~ that's why he's not here to defend himself and to claim that I am lying about his attempts in the past to deflect criticism by comparing himself to Paul and to Jesus ~ Bible quotations and all.