Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I think Tom's assurance to me last week that he "absolutely" loved me, was made in the heat of the moment and subsequently he has realised it was just a sort of religious infatuation.

Either that of he was just saying it to appear a good Christian to those reading the thread. Who knows.
Everyone loves tiger - Christian and non-Christian alike. You’re an adorable scamp and your antics and hijinks with Kiddo are legendary.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I think Tom's assurance to me last week that he "absolutely" loved me, was made in the heat of the moment and subsequently he has realised it was just a sort of religious infatuation.

Either that of he was just saying it to appear a good Christian to those reading the thread. Who knows.
I hope you appreciated my casual honesty in response to the same question.

And please note I was the only Christian to stand with you in your “Who will stand with me?” thread.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jun 18

“Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;”

(Psalms 33:18)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

“When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”

(Isaiah 43:2)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Thought this would be a valuable addition to the threads (if it doesn’t already exist; I didn’t go through all the threads on here.)
I’ll start it off with both a Psalm and a verse.

Psalm 25:

“Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Yea, let none that wa ...[text shortened]... uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.“
My favorite verse is:
Genesis 15:1 King James Version (KJV)
15 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not,
Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Knowing God is our exceeding great reward is so cool, and He is our shield. Some
translations say we will have many rewards, but this I like.

Another favorite is in Proverbs
NIV Proverbs 24: 17 -18
Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice, or
the Lord will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from them.

This one helps me to remember God loves us all, and we should not rejoice over any
bad thing that happens to anyone. Jesus died for all, not just me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
My favorite verse is:
Genesis 15:1 King James Version (KJV)
15 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not,
Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Knowing God is our exceeding great reward is so cool, and He is our shield. Some
translations say we will have many rewards, but this I like.
...[text shortened]... should not rejoice over any
bad thing that happens to anyone. Jesus died for all, not just me.
Great verses. Thanks for posting.