1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 22:35
    @thinkofone said
    How did you manage to get that out of what I posted?
    I read your post, so this once again going to be another question answered by you?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 22:452 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I read your post, so this once again going to be another question answered by you?
    ToO: What prevents you and others from being reasonable and admitting that it's purely a matter of faith? Is it pride?

KJ: Purely faith, you think truth doesn’t matter?

ToO: How did you manage to get that out of what I posted?

KJ: I read your post, so this once again going to be another question answered by you?

Behold! KJ's reading comprehension skills, conceptual thinking skills, logical thinking skills and writing skills on display once again.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 23:16
    @caissad4 said
    I have no proof as to how the universe got here in the form it did.
    You have made the extraordinary claim that you know.
    Please provide extraordinary proof of your extraordinary claim.
    Because we cannot know what was occurring in the time before the natural world, how could we prove the creation of the natural world by God?

Moreover, if science measures only the natural world, how could science attempt to measure that which is above and beyond nature?

You are asking for empirical evidence for something that isn't empirical.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 23:522 edits
    @philokalia said
    Because we cannot know what was occurring in the time before the natural world, how could we prove the creation of the natural world by God?

Moreover, if science measures only the natural world, how could science attempt to measure that which is above and beyond nature?

You are asking for empirical evidence for something that isn't empirical.
    You seem to be missing the point.

1) C4 did not claim to know how the universe was created.

2) KJ did claim to know that God created the universe.

3) C4 is saying that KJ should provide extraordinary proof of his claim since he claimed to know AND it is an extraordinary claim.

Understand now?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 23:55
    @eladar said
    You are too caught up in your ideology to see your own hypocrisy.
    So are a lot of Christians.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 23:571 edit
    @suzianne said
    What exactly is C4's hypocrisy?
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:37
    @eladar said
    You are too caught up in your ideology to see your own hypocrisy.
    My ideology ? Just what have I claimed to know in this thread ?
    I freely admit that I do not know of the existence of any god.
    Hypocrisy ? Please explain .
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:40
    @thinkofone said
    You seem to be missing the point.

1) C4 did not claim to know how the universe was created.
    2) KJ did claim to know that God created the universe.
    3) C4 is saying that KJ should provide extraordinary proof of his claim since he claimed to know AND it is an extraordinary claim.

Understand now?
    You do understand my OP.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:41
    @thinkofone said
    ToO: What prevents you and others from being reasonable and admitting that it's purely a matter of faith? Is it pride?

KJ: Purely faith, you think truth doesn’t matter?

ToO: How did you manage to get that out of what I posted?

KJ: I read your post, so this once again going to be another question answered by you?

Behold! KJ's reading comprehension skills, conceptual thinking skills, logical thinking skills and writing skills on display once again.
    I'm hoping you understand the meaning of the word, "purely" since you said, "What prevents you and others from being reasonable and admitting that it's purely a matter of faith? Is it pride?"

If something is "purely" anything, it means it is pure without mixture of anything else, there wouldn't be anything else mixed in if it were pure. So to be a pure matter of faith, removes all other possible reasons of any merit.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:41
    @suzianne said
    I disagree. The claim does not require proof. The claim can be made without proof.
    Technically, yes, of course...but why should any claim made with no proof be taken seriously?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:44
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Technically, yes, of course...but why should any claim made with no proof be taken seriously?
    Lol
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:471 edit
    @caissad4 said
    You do understand my OP.
    It's not at all complicated. What's remarkable is that so many don't seem to understand it. Especially since you've explained it several different ways.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:52
    @suzianne said
    I think your name should be miss ignorance. You knew nothing of Lincoln and is a good example of your knowledge in general. Have you gotten D to pat your head yet?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:583 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I'm hoping you understand the meaning of the word, "purely" since you said, "What prevents you and others from being reasonable and admitting that it's purely a matter of faith? Is it pride?"

If something is "purely" anything, it means it is pure without mixture of anything else, there wouldn't be anything else mixed in if it were pure. So to be a pure matter of faith, removes all other possible reasons of any merit.
    Of course I understand the meaning of the word "purely".

KJ put it in context of the OP, G75's post and C4's post to which G75 responded.

Someone with even marginally adequate reading comprehension skills, conceptual thinking skills and logical thinking skills shouldn't have any trouble putting it together and understanding it.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 01:14
    @thinkofone said
    Of course I understand the meaning of the word "purely".

KJ put it in context of the OP, G75's post and C4's post to which G75 responded.

Someone with even marginally adequate reading comprehension skills, conceptual thinking skills and logical thinking skills shouldn't have any trouble putting it together and understanding it.
    The context it was used was how you said it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree