Evolution

Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
23 Sep 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
So you can create your own purpose in life?

If you think that your purpose is to buthcher a few million humans, who is going to stop you?
Yes, and anyone who doesn't want you killing those humans and has the power and will to stop you.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
23 Sep 05

That answers my question.

Now for the next question:

What differentiates a human from an animal and plant material?

Do you think it is wrong to kill a fellow human being? Why? What's the difference between killing a human being and squishing a bug?
Is it wrong to kill a human being? It depends on the circumstances.

There are a number of significant differences between killing a human and squishing a bug. One is that there are a lot of people out there who will punish you severely if you kill a human, depending on the circumstances. Another is that a human is far more capable of suffering and pleasure than a bug. Thirdly, humans are capable of realizing that if they make laws prohibiting killing each other, then they are less likely to get killed or have people they care about get killed. Therefore I for instance support having laws that protect humans as I am a human and my friends and family are humans and I don't want them getting hurt or killed.

A
Dark Matter

Maastricht

Moves
23 Sep 05

So you can create your own purpose in life?

If you think that your purpose is to buthcher a few million humans, who is going to stop you?
Everyone can create their own purpose in life. Just try to and you'll see it works! Oh and if someone thinks it's his or her purpose to kill lots of people than that is a very SICK person. The fact that you think of it frightens me a bit...

Moves
26 Sep 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Yes, and anyone who doesn't want you killing those humans and has the power and will to stop you.
So now you understand what kind of indoctrination guys like Hitler and Stalin had.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 Sep 05

How do we get this back to evolution, without offending anybody that wants to talk about Hitler , Stalin and fried cabbage?

Moves
26 Sep 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
How do we get this back to evolution, without offending anybody that wants to talk about Hitler , Stalin and fried cabbage?
The question should rather be: "How do you let Hitler and Stalin off the hook?"

The answer is: "Invent evolution".

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 Sep 05

Hitler & Stalin are irrelevant to evolution.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
27 Sep 05

I thought the way to get off the hook was Christianity? Where people who are vile and evil can escape the just punishment for their crimes?

L

Moves
27 Sep 05

strawman. you are charging evolution for views that do not follow from evolutionary theory.

when are you going to start bringing some substance to the table?

L

Moves
27 Sep 05

I thought the way to get off the hook was Christianity? Where people who are vile and evil can escape the just punishment for their crimes?
touche.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
strawman. you are charging evolution for views that do not follow from evolutionary theory.

When hell freezes over

Moves
03 Oct 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Hitler & Stalin are irrelevant to evolution.
The point is they believed in evolution, and thus they saw nothing wrong with butchering millions of people.

Moves
03 Oct 05

Hilter and Stalin would be no worse than me if I were to reject the mercy shown to me by Christ.

Moves
03 Oct 05

Originally posted by LemonJello

Which views have I stated that do not agree with evolutionary theory?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
03 Oct 05

Hilter and Stalin would be no worse than me if I were to reject the mercy shown to me by Christ.
This statement suggests to me that you lack a fundamental conception of the enormous suffering caused by those two men.
I know the theology from which you make this judgement, but within the context of real human experience (that is excluding your dry, abstract theology), the equality you describe goes beyond the level of absurdity and borders on depravity.