Evolution

Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
06 Oct 05

Originally posted by telerion
Really not so Halitose. As demonstrated in this thread, the parents of these two youngsters did them quite a disservice by teaching them to reject reason, to flee from their own curiosity, and to listen only to a few voices. With all sincerity, I believe the two are members/victims of a cult (just check out dj's school).

Where did you come up with t ...[text shortened]... They have chosen a lifestyle that mentally abuses their children. They should go to jail.

Really not so Halitose. As demonstrated in this thread, the parents of these two youngsters did them quite a disservice by teaching them to reject reason, to flee from their own curiosity, and to listen only to a few voices. With all sincerity, I believe the two are members/victims of a cult (just check out dj's school).

Okay. Tough conclusion to reach though. Maybe they're just ultra-conservatives who haven't been out too much to see that there are people with differing opinions.

Where did you come up with the idea that every one should have a right to their lifestyle? Is there any maxim that stands in starker contradiction to your beliefs?

Within reasonable bounds of course. We can't start up a serial-rapist lifestyle now, can we. Surely the Amish are entitled to their lifestyle as much as the extravagently rich snobs or the rednecks down south; so long as the children aren't forced into it, of course. I'm not quite sure how this maxim contradicts my beliefs.

Just for the hell of it, I'll give you a silly xian-style answer.
Dj2's and Nic's parents should have a right to their lifestyle. They should also have a right to the consequences. They have chosen a lifestyle that mentally abuses their children. They should go to jail. I know it's dumb, but it's framed from xianity so what do you expect?

As you said... silly and dumb.

I'm sure you know that not all xtians are the ultra-conservative type who jump to those conclusions. Lately you even get the RatX type who spice it up with an insult or two.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
06 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
the word "Evolution" has the same meaning as "Santa Clause", which is nothing.

It doesnt exist, never has, never will.

Evolution is something a weird guy came up with manymany moons ago, while he was dancing in his tribe, smoking dagga!
🙄

That's the only way to respond to such a ludicrous statement. It's the same as saying Gravity doesn't exist.

I recently read an interesting book on Game Theory and it's evolutionary implications. Quite an interesting mix of theoretical answers corresponding to observed behaviour of animals in the wild.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
06 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
🙄
I'm quite sparing with those things, but I was forced to use one earlier in this forum. Must be the season for it.

What is the book called?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
07 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I'm quite sparing with those things, but I was forced to use one earlier in this forum. Must be the season for it.

What is the book called?
'It must be Beautiful'. Equations of true beauty, explained so as you don't need years of physics or maths to understand them. Includes Chaos, General Relativity, The Dirac Equation, Information Transfer and others.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
07 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
complete with vertebrates? or angiosperms? or even gymnosperms?
Its your classical Cambrian fossils. I'm not savvy on the plantlife of the Cambrian period.

Arthropods and primitive chordata.

Most notably, Trilobites with fully developed eyes.

http://www.fossilmall.com/Fossil_Archive/Western_Fossils/Cambrian_Animals/Cambrianbiota_pg1.htm

N

Moves
07 Oct 05

Originally posted by telerion

Where did you come up with t ...[text shortened]... should go to jail.

I know it's dumb, but it's framed from xianity so what do you expect?
You! my dear friend, dont know what you are talking about

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
07 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
You! my dear friend, dont know what you are talking about
Coming for you, I'll take that as a resounding confirmation of my post.