Evolution ?

Evolution ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 May 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
No, they say we are cousins.
Richard Dawkins was the first to say such a thing.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I understand your point. But all things are possible with God and it's in the Book. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
Of course God can make anything happen. But common sense would show by many things the Bible says that these Days were not 24 hour periods.

Got a wrench to throw at your belief.

Genesis 2:4
American Standard Version (ASV)

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.

It seems here all that God created was done in a "day". What does that mean?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
08 May 12

Richard Dawkins was the first to say such a thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaKryi3605g
I think Ernest Charles Messenger may have beat him to it. He said it before Dawkins was born. 😵

From 1931 - http://books.google.com/[WORD TOO LONG]

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 May 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Of course God can make anything happen. But common sense would show by many things the Bible says that these Days were not 24 hour periods.

Got a wrench to throw at your belief.

Genesis 2:4
American Standard Version (ASV)

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.

It seems here all that God created was done in a "day". What does that mean?
It simply means that the Hebrew word for "day" has differnt meanings depending on how it is used in context just like the English word.

day
n.
1. The period of light between dawn and nightfall; the interval from sunrise to sunset.
a. The 24-hour period during which the earth completes one rotation on its axis.
b. The period during which a celestial body makes a similar rotation.
3. Abbr. D One of the numbered 24-hour periods into which a week, month, or year is divided.
4. The portion of a 24-hour period that is devoted to work, school, or business: an eight-hour day; a sale that lasted for three days.
5. A 24-hour period or a portion of it that is reserved for a certain activity: a day of rest.
a. A specific, characteristic period in one's lifetime: In Grandmother's day, skirts were long.
b. A period of opportunity or prominence: Every defendant is entitled to a day in court. That child will have her day.
7. A period of time in history; an era: We studied the tactics used in Napoleon's day. The day of computer science is well upon us.
8. days Period of life or activity: The sick cat's days will soon be over.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 May 12
1 edit

[b]I think Ernest Charles Messenger may have beat him to it. He said it before Dawkins was born. 😵

From 1931 - http://books.google.com/[WORD TOO LONG]/b]
Okay. I accept your correction.

P.S. Dawkins was the first person I had heard say it. So there may be many more that I am not aware of. But the point I was orignally making was that at one point evolutionists stated apes were our ancestors not cousins.

h

Moves
08 May 12
3 edits

Okay. I accept your correction.

P.S. Dawkins was the first person I had heard say it. So there may be many more that I am not aware of. But the point I was orignally making was that at one point evolutionists stated apes were our ancestors not cousins.
But the point I was orignally making was that at one point evolutionists stated apes were our ancestors not cousins.

are you talking here about modern apes or an extinct ape-like creature? If modern apes: when did evolutionists state that modern apes were NOT our cousins?
We and modern apes are descended from an ape-like animal -a small primate.
No doubt many evolutionists once referred to ( and probably some still do ) that ape-like creature as simply “ape” -the trivial difference between "ape-like" and "ape" being so academic in this case that you could make the argument that it would be pedantic to insist on calling it “ape-like” rather than “ape” so what you are saying here is completely trivial.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 May 12

Originally posted by humy
But the point I was orignally making was that at one point evolutionists stated apes were our ancestors not cousins.

are you talking here about modern apes or an extinct ape-like creature? If modern apes: when did evolutionists state that modern apes were NOT our cousins?
We and modern apes are descended from an ape-like animal -a small ...[text shortened]... n calling it “ape-like” rather than “ape” so what you are saying here is completely trivial.
It was probably before you were born. So stop showing your ignorance and shut up.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 May 12

Where is there advances ?
Come on, I think this has been explained to you several times before. Evolution does not aim towards creating human beings. Am I wrong? Is this the first time you have heard this, or are you being deliberately dishonest? Or are you just slow?

I'm slow a Tard even at times LOL

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 May 12

We've become so used to our current state of fast innovation that we tend to forget that things did not always go so quickly. After the wheel, it took us over 5000 years to build an airplane that worked. A mere 60 years later, we were launching ourselves into space. Things advance very slowly indeed, at first, but then the progress starts to come at a mo ...[text shortened]... volution guarantees them nothing. Most forms of life that have ever existed are now extinct.
I've heard and read this that we are basically advanced apes (however that's what classic evolution teaches) so I can't totally argue except we our different in many ways.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 May 12

Some men have determined that we are in the ape family. Those that believe in the theory of evolution say apes are our ancestors. God contradicts this by saying He created man in the image of God. I tend to believe the creator rather than the creature. HalleluYah !!!
However when God said we "Man" were created in His image it was more on the intangibles like morality and justice and those types of things Not biologically like God

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 May 12
1 edit

It simply means that the Hebrew word for "day" has differnt meanings depending on how it is used in context just like the English word.

day
n.
1. The period of light between dawn and nightfall; the interval from sunrise to sunset.
a. The 24-hour period during which the earth completes one rotation on its axis.
b. The period during which a celest well upon us.
8. days Period of life or activity: The sick cat's days will soon be over.
Well there ya go buddy. You just answered the whole debate here about what a "creative day" could be.
Your'e determined that it was definite 24 hour day, but it couldn't have been.
Also this was not just termed a "day" but it is called a "creative day" which gives it a very special meaning. This is what God called it, not Moses.
" God's ways or not our ways and his thoughts not our thoughts" and his timetable is completely different then ours.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 May 12

Originally posted by menace71
However when God said we "Man" were created in His image it was more on the intangibles like morality and justice and those types of things Not biologically like God

Manny
You are correct there...... 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71

Manny
God is Spirit, not material or biological. God is intelligent, creative, and moral (having what we call a conscience). We could physically be classified as apes as the evolutions do, if biology is all that it considered. However, we are like God in that we were created with higher intelligence than the other animals. We were also created with the ability to create things ourselves, which is like God. We were created with a moral conscience since we are able to understand good and evil like God.

P.S. And we did not evolve these abilities as the evolutionists will tell you. God may have modeled us after the apes when he created us but He created us with these abilities making us in His image.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 May 12

God is Spirit, not material or biological. God is intelligent, creative, and moral (having what we call a conscience). We could physically be classified as apes as the evolutions do, if biology is all that it considered. However, we are like God in that we were created with higher intelligence than the other animals. We were also created with the abilit ...[text shortened]... after the apes when he created us but He created us with these abilities making us in His image.
Not too bad there buddy...

h

Moves
09 May 12

It was probably before you were born. So stop showing your ignorance and shut up.
It was probably before you were born

so not only are you saying something very trivial about what was said in the past but it happened a long time ago and science has moved on from there while you haven't.