Evidence please

Evidence please

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @whodey
If you don't believe the veracity of the gospels, you must assume that believers made up the gospels to match the calendar shown in Daniel.
This is indeed what the evidence points towards, is it not? Isaiah 53 too.

w

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
This is indeed what the evidence points towards, is it not? Isaiah 53 too.
There is more evidence than that.

Do you agree it is evidence?

w

Moves
03 Jan 18

Were the people who created new literature for the post-Judaism breakaway religion unaware of Daniel 9:24-27?
Why don't you ask them?

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

There is more evidence than that.

I see it as very weak evidence of what you believe it shows.

Were the people who created new literature for the post-Judaism breakaway religion unaware of Isaiah 53?

w

Moves
03 Jan 18
3 edits

I see it as very weak evidence of what you believe it shows.

Were the people who created new literature for the post-Judaism breakaway religion unaware of Isaiah 53?
weak evidence?

Well at least we see that the gospels are evidence.

Thanks for that.

How weak it is depends on who you ask I reckon.

To me a calendar pointing to Jesus is astounding, especially when confirmed by the very Jews that scripture said would reject Christ. They had no reason to confirm it as true. and every reason to lie about it.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Why don't you ask them?
There's a conversation going on here; no need for you to be facetious in the face of a question that doesn't suit you. Again: Were the people who created new literature for the post-Judaism breakaway religion aware or unaware of Daniel 9:24-27?

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

weak evidence?.
Yes, I find it weak. So these people who created new literature for the post-Judaism breakaway religion, were they unaware of the content of Isaiah 53?

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

whodey, yes or no?

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Yes, I agree it's evidence to support your beliefs. Do you agree it is also evidence, be it weak or be it strong to your way of thinking, of the new literature being concocted by people who were familiar with ancient texts and who needed to legitimize the new texts by linking them to old ones?

w

Moves
03 Jan 18

Yes, I find it weak. So these people who created new literature for the post-Judaism breakaway religion, were they unaware of the content of Isaiah 53?
You are in a bit of conundrum FMF.

For you see, you wish to show that Jews who know of the calendar reject Jesus as Messiah.

But then, it was prophesied that Jesus would be rejected by the Jews in Pslams 118:22-24, Matthew 21:42, Mark 12:10-11, Luke 20-17-18, Acts 4:9-12, and 1 Peter 2:6-8.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

But then, it was prophesied that Jesus would be rejected by the Jews in Pslams 118:22-24, Matthew 21:42, Mark 12:10-11, Luke 20-17-18, Acts 4:9-12, and 1 Peter 2:6-8.
The Jews rejected Jesus decades before the Jesus story was written. The Jews rejected Jesus during his lifetime. The story about it was written decades and even centuries later.

w

Moves
03 Jan 18
1 edit

The Jews rejected Jesus decades before the Jesus story was written. The Jews rejected Jesus during his lifetime. The story about it was written decades and even centuries later.
But FMF, the entire Old Testament bears witness to the Jews rejecting God time and time again.

Why is that?

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

You are in a bit of conundrum FMF.
Your dodging makes it seem more like it is you who is in a bit of conundrum.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

But FMF, the entire Old Testament bears witness to the Jews rejecting God time and time again.

Why is that?
The Jews don't believe that Jesus was "God" do they?

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

It was prophesied that Jesus would be rejected by the Jews in Pslams 118:22-24
The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
The Lord has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.