Duty

Duty

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
1. they (the atrocities and those who committed them) are not representative of all Muslims

I think it would be appropriate to make this point to someone who was claiming that all Muslims are rapists or to people who seek to make generalizations about Islam based on the actions of rapists.

2. Christians have committed similar atrocities

Like I said before, surely all rapes should be condemned, regardless of the victims' religion?

3. What about the crusadess

This point is only really relevant when people are discussing the historical perspectives and 'nationalist-like psychologies' that underpin geopolitical conflicts. "The crusades" are not a valid excuse for bombs being detonated or rapes being committed and I can't remember anyone ever suggesting such a thing on this forum.

4. All religions commit similar atrocities

Like I said a few lines above, all rapes should be condemned, regardless of the victims' religion. This is surely an uncontroversial thing to say.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
25 Oct 12

I was referring to attempts made to diminish the reality of atrocities perpetrated by
Muslims in general, four examples of which I have given, I will not do so again.
Say Robbie, wouldn't it just have been easier to admit that your first post was ill-judged and apologize? I know you don't like to admit it when you're wrong, but it was a cheap shot that totally missed the target, wasn't it?

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

In the dasa thread googlefudge attempted to utilise, the Christians have also committed similar atrocities line
That's right, because Dasa only condemns rapes carried out by Muslims and never condemns rapes carried out by anyone else. googlefudge's comment was therefore a variation on: "all rapes should be condemned, regardless of the victims' religion" which is something I am sure you, me and googlefudge can agree on.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
[b]1. they (the atrocities and those who committed them) are not representative of all Muslims

I think it would be appropriate to make this point to someone who was claiming that all Muslims are rapists or to people who seek to make generalizations about Islam based on the actions of rapists.

2. Christians have committed similar atrocities

L ...[text shortened]... ned, regardless of the victims' religion. This is surely an uncontroversial thing to say.[/b]
thy are all utilised in an attempt to deflect from the reality at hand, whether they are
legitimate arguments in themselves of course not the question is it, its how they are
used to effectively deflect or detract from the reality at hand, that being atrocities
committed by Muslims. It would of course have been more pertinent, more empathetic
and more understanding not to seek to deflect, diminish, detract from or mitigate the
reality by simply acknowledging the facts, yes indeed, these were horrendous acts,
perpetrated by Muslims on innocents, wouldn't it.

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

thy are all utilised in an attempt to deflect from the reality at hand, whether they are
legitimate arguments in themselves of course not the question is it, its how they are
used to effectively deflect or detract from the reality at hand, that being atrocities
committed by Muslims. It would of course have been more pertinent, more empathetic ...[text shortened]... ts, yes indeed, these were horrendous acts,
perpetrated by Muslims on innocents, wouldn't it.
You're not going to refer to each of the four points I have made in response to yours?

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

thy are all utilised in an attempt to deflect from the reality at hand.
No one has ever used "the crusades" to excuse the atrocities described in this OP. Can you offer even one example of someone on this forum seeking to excuse atrocities such as the rapes described in this OP by mentioning "the crusades"? No, you cannot.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Say Robbie, wouldn't it just have been easier to admit that your first post was ill-judged and apologize? I know you don't like to admit it when you're wrong, but it was a cheap shot that totally missed the target, wasn't it?
easier yes, but in the pursuit of truth one must be prepared to make sacrifices 😛 but in
all seriousness it has been my experience that rather than simply admit the facts,
attempts are made to somehow diminish the reality, excuses are proffered in the form
of, Christians have also done similar things etc etc ad rather than address the actual
content and focus on the content, the content never gets discussed ad no apology will
be forthcoming, i readily admit when i am wrong, but in this I am vindicated.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
No one has ever used "the crusades" to excuse the atrocities described in this OP. Can you offer even one example of someone on this forum seeking to excuse atrocities such as the rapes described in this OP by mentioning "the crusades"? No, you cannot.
yes i have said in the instance of rape i cannot, so again, writer it down on a piece of
paper, lick it and slap it to your forehead for future reference.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
You're not going to refer to each of the four points I have made in response to yours?
i made reference to them in passing, they were your words, surely you know what they
meant?

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

yes i have said in the instance of rape i cannot, so again, writer it down on a piece of
paper, lick it and slap it to your forehead for future reference.
The atrocities in the OP were rapes. You said that fellow posters would seek to "excuse these atrocities". And now you're talking about people mentioning "the crusades" in order to "excuse these atrocities" where "these atrocities" you are talking about are not even in the OP? It just doesn't add up robbie.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The atrocities in the OP were rapes. You said that fellow posters would seek to "excuse these atrocities". And now you're talking about people mentioning "the crusades" in order to "excuse these atrocities" where "these atrocities" you are talking about are not even in the OP? It just doesn't add up robbie.
the opening post also mentions abduction, forced conversion, as well as rape, why
have you deemed it appropriate to exclusively mention rape? As far as i can tell these
are also atrocities of one sort of another yet, no mention of them in any of your posts,
these atrocities that are mentioned, you make no mention of them, why not FMF, why
have you exclusively focused on rape? are you soft on abduction? have reservations
about whether forced conversion is a good thing? if other atrocities are mentioned,
why have you made no reference to them?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Oct 12

I was referring to attempts made to diminish the reality of atrocities perpetrated by
Muslims in general, four examples of which I have given, I will not do so again.
So were you referring to the atrocities mentioned in the OP? You were or you weren't. A yes or no will suffice.

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

i made reference to them in passing, they were your words, surely you know what they
meant?
I think if you were to go through the four points one by one, you'd find yourself having to agree with me on each one. And I think THIS is the reason why you don't want to go through them one by one.

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

the opening post also mentions abduction, forced conversion, as well as rape, why have you deemed it appropriate to exclusively mention rape?
When has any poster ever sought to excuse abduction, forced conversion or rape on this forum? It's a 'never' for rape - even you now admit that. It's also a 'never' for abduction, and a 'never' for forced conversion. Where does that leave your ugly, clumsy comment on page 1?

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
When has any poster ever sought to excuse abduction, forced conversion or rape on this forum? It's a 'never' for rape - even you now admit that. It's also a 'never' for abduction, and a 'never' for forced conversion. Where does that leave your ugly, clumsy comment on page 1?
again please answer the question, why have you made no reference to them
throughout your threads and why have you exclusively limited your text to rape?