Duty

Duty

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and not a single condemnation of any of the atrocities that he cited, how very very
very very telling. what do you put it down to Gerald, small mindedness, an
unwillingness to face certain facts, attempts to use a pretext to minimise the Islamic
reaction?
I have referred to the rapes as atrocities repeatedly. I have condemned rape as a horrendous crime. I have condemned rapists as criminals. I have put forward the view that rape is perhaps the epitome of violence and moral depravity. Indeed, it is the fact that rape is so heinous that makes me object to a poster like Dasa suggesting that all Muslims are rapists.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Oct 12

I have bigger fish to fry than this
Bitchin' in the Clan Only forum?!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Oct 12

actually the lack of condemnation with regard to the actual atrocities where dasa was
fervently chastised speaks volumes and is far more interesting and revealing than your
vile insinuations and attempts not to answer why its the case.
So when you stated this on page 1 of this thread -

our secular liberal friends will be falling over themselves to excuse these atrocities on some pretext at any moment.

Which atrocities are you referring to exactly?

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
I have referred to the rapes as atrocities repeatedly. I have condemned rape as a horrendous crime. I have condemned rapists as criminals. I have put forward the view that rape is perhaps the epitome of violence and moral depravity. Indeed, it is the fact that rape is so heinous that makes me object to a poster like Dasa suggesting that all Muslims are rapists.
except you cannot find a single reference where you actually condemned these
atrocities, except some vain appeal to a deleted thread.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So when you stated this on page 1 of this thread -

our secular liberal friends will be falling over themselves to excuse these atrocities on some pretext at any moment.

Which atrocities are you referring to exactly?
Atrocities committed by Muslims in general. My statement was made on what I
perceive to be a failure of the secular liberals to decry, condemn or in some instances
fail to recognise the culpability of serious atrocities committed by Muslims. It was
made on the back of Finnegan failing to recognise the legitimacy of some of the points
of the innocence of Muslims which i pointed out were valid facts, Muhammads father
was unknown, he did impose a tax on non Muslims etc etc It appeared to me to be
ultimately telling that while Dasas posting of hate speech was roundly condemned, the
actual accounts which he gave to substantiate his claims were largely ignored, why still
remains a mystery.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Bitchin' in the Clan Only forum?!
If Suzianne can get away with it so can I. 😛

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

except you cannot find a single reference where you actually condemned these
atrocities, except some vain appeal to a deleted thread.
If the degree to which I abhor rape as a crime, and how I express it here, do not satisfy you, robbie, that is a matter for you.

So, now we have established that, what about you now explaining what you meant about fellow posters seeking to excuse the atrocities that were described in the OP? I can't remember anyone on this forum seeking to excuse rape. Do you have any examples you can give us?

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

It appeared to me to be ultimately telling that while Dasas posting of hate speech was roundly condemned, the actual accounts which he gave to substantiate his claims were largely ignored, why still remains a mystery.
Did you read Dasa's deleted thread? There were numerous condemnations of [1] the rapes he mentioned, and [2] the fact that Dasa claimed that these rapes proved that all Muslims are rapists. Did you condemn the rapes described on that deleted thread? Did you condemn them more than other people or less than other people?

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

Atrocities committed by Muslims in general.
Really? So the OP described some specific atrocities. And then in your reply, the words "these atrocities" did not refer to the atrocities in the OP? Is that what you want us to believe?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Really? So the OP described some specific atrocities. And then in your reply, the words "these atrocities" did not refer to the atrocities in the OP? Is that what you want us to believe?
How about this story, not in Egypt, but in Pakistan:

http://www.pakistanchristianpost.com/headlinenewsd.php?hnewsid=3765

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
If the degree to which I abhor rape as a crime, and how I express it here, do not satisfy you, robbie, that is a matter for you.

So, now we have established that, what about you now explaining what you meant about fellow posters seeking to excuse the atrocities that were described in the OP? I can't remember anyone on this forum seeking to excuse rape. Do you have any examples you can give us?
All you need to do is provide a single shred of evidence FMF, for you or other secular
liberals and once again I have not limited my statements to rape, or the rape of
children, but I understand that it suits your insinuations to reduce it to such. The failure
to condemn is in my opinion, telling in itself or perhaps you can provide a reasonable
explanation why there doesn't seem to be any. My own theory is that secular liberals
are fence sitters, in their endeavours to be all encompassing, all inclusive, non
committal, non partisans it appears that condemnation of any kind, no matter how
heinous the crime, is simply lacking, how else are we to account for it.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Indeed, you can believe what you want, you make it up as you go long anyway.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
How about this story, not in Egypt, but in Pakistan:

http://www.pakistanchristianpost.com/headlinenewsd.php?hnewsid=3765
The area police are silent on this case of abduction and enforced conversion of minor
Christian girl Aney Tariq.

Perhaps they are also secular liberals, that might explain their silence on the matter.

F

Moves
25 Oct 12

Indeed, you can believe what you want, you make it up as you go long anyway.
But you haven't explained it yet. You've been dodging and deflecting since you were called on it. People can go and look at your first post on page one for themselves. Nothing has been 'made up'. You were not being called on the degree to which you condemned the rapes - nor was anyone else's intensity of condemnation the issue - you were simply asked to explain why you thought fellow posters would seek to excuse the rapes described in the OP.

rc

Moves
25 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
But you haven't explained it yet. You've been dodging and deflecting since you were called on it. People can go and look at your first post on page one for themselves. Nothing has been 'made up'. You were not being called on the degree to which you condemned the rapes - nor was anyone else's intensity of condemnation the issue - you were simply asked to explain why you thought fellow posters would seek to excuse the rapes described in the OP.
I did not mention rapes, you did, I did not say that they excused rapes, you did, I did
not provide any type of pretext, you did. I have explained my position, I will not do so
again.