Dropping Out Missing Links

Dropping Out Missing Links

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 13

Did Darwin Get It Wrong?

The Instructor

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The fact that it has never been observed can be considered evidence. The fact that there is information that codes for the reproduction of the proteins and the cells that make up the creature is evidence. The fact that this information code is also programmed with error correcting code is also evidence that it was not meant to change to another creature.

For non scientist like us, I think that is enough to start with.

The Instructor
That's three completely irrelevant sentences strung together.

The notion that something has to be observed for you to believe it exists is ludicrous. As has been pointed out above, you believe plenty of things exist that you have never seen.

Your second sentence doesn't even make any sense. As for the third, the error correcting mechanism doesn't apply to mutations, which are the building blocks for evolution to build upon.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's three completely irrelevant sentences strung together.

The notion that something has to be observed for you to believe it exists is ludicrous. As has been pointed out above, you believe plenty of things exist that you have never seen.

Your second sentence doesn't even make any sense. As for the third, the error correcting mechanism doesn't apply to mutations, which are the building blocks for evolution to build upon.
I did not say that you have to observe something to believe in it. I said it could be considered evidence, since you atheist don't see God and consider that evidence that God does not exist. Obviously, I can't see God, but I believe in His existence.

In the second statement, I was referring to the DNA information programming in the cell as you should have been able to figure out from my third point.

On the third point, I am not saying that mutations don't take place and could not possibly account for large enough changes to bridge the kinds gap. However, I do believe it is impossible. But what I was saying is the error correcting program and mechanisms of the cell show that the programmer and designer of the cell did not mean for it to change beyond the variations stage within species. That is, it shows a purpose by an intelligent designer.

One does not actually have to observe the programmer or designer doing His work to realize there was an intelligent programmer and designer for the cell.

The Instructor

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Aug 13

I did not say that you have to observe something to believe in it. I said it could be considered evidence, since you atheist don't see God and consider that evidence that God does not exist. Obviously, I can't see God, but I believe in His existence.

In the second statement, I was referring to the DNA information programming in the cell as you should ha ...[text shortened]... k to realize there was an intelligent programmer and designer for the cell.

The Instructor
Let's see if we can get some sense into this exchange because I have no idea what you are rambling on about now. I mean, 'the variations stage within species'? You're just making terminology up now.

My point is this, the Lenski ecoli experiment demonstrated, unequivocally, that DNA can change over time through the process of beneficial mutation. That is beyond dispute. We have the data for it.

So bearing that in mind, if a small amount of DNA can change by beneficial mutation in a small amount of time, surely a large amount of DNA can change over a large amount of time? If not why not?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Aug 13

Let's see if we can get some sense into this exchange because I have no idea what you are rambling on about now. I mean, 'the variations stage within species'? You're just making terminology up now.

My point is this, the Lenski ecoli experiment demonstrated, unequivocally, that DNA can change over time through the process of beneficial mutation. That ...[text shortened]... f time, surely a large amount of DNA can change over a large amount of time? If not why not?
I dispute it because I am not aware that it is a truthful statement or not. I seriously doubt that there are really any beneficial mutations. It may just appear that way to some people.

The Instructor

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Aug 13

I dispute it because I am not aware that it is a truthful statement or not. I seriously doubt that there are really any beneficial mutations. It may just appear that way to some people.

The Instructor
Have you looked it up?

Cape Town

Moves
06 Aug 13

I seriously doubt that there are really any beneficial mutations.
You 'seriously doubt' anything you see as a threat to your religion. We know that. However, your serious doubt does not make you right and them wrong, it just leaves you wrong and ignorant. If you had doubts based on reasoning, then someone would be happy to explain it all to you and assuage your doubt. But we all know that your doubts are purely based on your religious denialism and nothing else. Despite the large number of youtube videos you post about DNA, you don't appear to actually watch them and understand anything.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Aug 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
You 'seriously doubt' anything you see as a threat to your religion. We know that. However, your serious doubt does not make you right and them wrong, it just leaves you wrong and ignorant. If you had doubts based on reasoning, then someone would be happy to explain it all to you and assuage your doubt. But we all know that your doubts are purely based on ...[text shortened]... e videos you post about DNA, you don't appear to actually watch them and understand anything.
Well, I know you don't watch them.

The Instructor

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Aug 13

The Instructor
Have you looked it up?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 13

Have you looked it up?
Okay. I looked it up. But it still seems more like adaptation to me - Like a little dog and a big dog. The Ecoli were not said to have changed into something else after all those generations, they were still called Ecoli.

The Instructor

Cape Town

Moves
07 Aug 13

Okay. I looked it up. But it still seems more like adaptation to me - Like a little dog and a big dog. The Ecoli were not said to have changed into something else after all those generations, they were still called Ecoli.

The Instructor
You are avoiding the question I see. Is that an admission that you were wrong and that you now know that beneficial mutations do happen, or do you just want to avoid discussing it? (because you know you are wrong but don't like to admit it).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
You are avoiding the question I see. Is that an admission that you were wrong and that you now know that beneficial mutations do happen, or do you just want to avoid discussing it? (because you know you are wrong but don't like to admit it).
It is not clear to me that there were beneficial mutations. As I said before, it seems more like beneficial adaptations by natural selection to me.

The Instructor

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

It is not clear to me that there were beneficial mutations. As I said before, it seems more like beneficial adaptations by natural selection to me.

The Instructor
You are making no sense whatsoever?!

How can you accept that adaption has occurred but not accept that any beneficial mutations occurred? What causes the adaption?

Cape Town

Moves
07 Aug 13

It is not clear to me ......
Why don't you simply admit that you do not know enough of the subject to be commenting at all? Why pretend to know when it is clear that you don't?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 13

You are making no sense whatsoever?!

How can you accept that adaption has occurred but not accept that any beneficial mutations occurred? What causes the adaption?
The Creator programmed the ability to adapt into His creatures.

The DNA Instruction Manual

Ultimate Wildlife: Animal Adaptation

The Instructor