Dropping Out Missing Links

Dropping Out Missing Links

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
The Creator programmed the ability to adapt into His creatures.

The DNA Instruction Manual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBfuVuelkoY

Ultimate Wildlife: Animal Adaptation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1kiCaoIq2M

The Instructor
So what happens on a molecular level when 'adaption' occurs?

I have no interest in watching any YouTube videos, turn your brain on and write for yourself.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob

I have no interest in watching any YouTube videos, turn your brain on and write for yourself.
You can remain ignorant then, for I have an appointment and do not have time or desire to humor you.

The Instructor

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13

it depends entirely on the entity, after all, your cherished ecoli simply managed to synthesise sugars or some other kind of jive, hardly fitting for a lion that needs to stay fitter than all the other lions or a plant that needs to adapt to environmental factors. bottom line is Nooblberger, lions are lions, plants are plants and ecoli is still ecoli, everything created according to its kind, highlighting the scientific accuracy of the sacred and scientifically accurate Biblical account!.

Woa (raises his hand into the air) and vehemently asks, can I get a witness!

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13

You can remain ignorant then, for I have an appointment and do not have time or desire to humor you.

The Instructor
are you having liposuction?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
it depends entirely on the entity, after all, your cherished ecoli simply managed to synthesise sugars or some other kind of jive, hardly fitting for a lion that needs to stay fitter than all the other lions or a plant that needs to adapt to environmental factors. bottom line is Nooblberger, lions are lions, plants are plants and ecoli is still ecol ...[text shortened]... ical account!.

You're back, good, did you have to take your medicine after twhitehead gave you a good whooping?

So the question is, if DNA can change by a small amount in a short space of time why can't it change by a large amount in a large space of time?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13
1 edit

The Instructor
I'll repeat the question, what happens at the molecular level when 'adaption' occurs.

Moves
07 Aug 13

it depends entirely on the entity, after all, your cherished ecoli simply managed to synthesise sugars or some other kind of jive, hardly fitting for a lion that needs to stay fitter than all the other lions or a plant that needs to adapt to environmental factors. bottom line is Nooblberger, lions are lions, plants are plants and ecoli is still ecol ...[text shortened]... ical account!.

how do you define 'kind'? what are the criteria for a dog to be dog? what would we need to change for a dog to stop being a dog?

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13
2 edits

You're back, good, did you have to take your medicine after twhitehead gave you a good whooping?

So the question is, if DNA can change by a small amount in a short space of time why can't it change by a large amount in a large space of time?
because its designed to self repair and keep its integrity, all that transpires is variation, blue eyes, green eyes, baldy head etc. Are lions a variation of Zebras? Hardly. I was just thinking today how ludicrous evolution really is, fish coming out of the sea, growing lungs, feet, walking around, its mental, pure and utter mental. I suggest an experiment, next time your tech fails, open it up, prod around with a stick and see if it adapts to its new structure.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
how do you define 'kind'? what are the criteria for a dog to be dog? what would we need to change for a dog to stop being a dog?
when its a cat? all that transpires is variation within a species, there is not a single instance where one genus becomes another.

Moves
07 Aug 13

when its a cat? all that transpires is variation within a species, there is not a single instance where one genus becomes another.
seriously, what defines a dog being a dog. what would we need to change about the dog for it to be something not a dog?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

because its designed to self repair and keep its integrity, all that transpires is variation, blue eyes, green eyes, baldy head etc. Are lions a variation of Zebras? Hardly. I was just thinking today how ludicrous evolution really is, fish coming out of the sea, growing lungs, feet, walking around, its mental, pure and utter mental. I suggest an ...[text shortened]... your tech fails, open it up, prod around with a stick and see if it adapts to its new structure.
because its designed to self repair and keep its integrity

This from the link you posted -

In contrast to DNA damage, a mutation is a change in the base sequence of the DNA. A mutation cannot be recognized by enzymes once the base change is present in both DNA strands, and, thus, a mutation cannot be repaired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_repair

The link you posted earlier in the thread refutes what your claiming. Mutations, which form the building blocks of evolution, cannot be repaired. Neeeeeeeext!!!!

So try again - if DNA can change a small amount in a small timeframe, why can't it change a large amount in a large timeframe?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

because its designed to self repair and keep its integrity, all that transpires is variation, blue eyes, green eyes, baldy head etc. Are lions a variation of Zebras? Hardly. I was just thinking today how ludicrous evolution really is, fish coming out of the sea, growing lungs, feet, walking around, its mental, pure and utter mental. I suggest an ...[text shortened]... your tech fails, open it up, prod around with a stick and see if it adapts to its new structure.
Why would a lion be a variation of a zebra? A zebra is essentially a horse and a lion is a cat.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13

Why would a lion be a variation of a zebra? A zebra is essentially a horse and a lion is a cat.
you dont say.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13
1 edit

[b]because its designed to self repair and keep its integrity

This from the link you posted -

In contrast to DNA damage, a mutation is a change in the base sequence of the DNA. A mutation cannot be recognized by enzymes once the base change is present in both DNA strands, and, thus, a mutation cannot be repaired.

https://en.wi ...[text shortened]... e a small amount in a small timeframe, why can't it change a large amount in a large timeframe?[/b]
mutations which form the building blocks, thats hilarious! i am not arguing that mutations cannot be repaired, i am stating that the DNA can be repaired, but your straw factory does not recognise the fact, if you want to assert, that despite the fact that 90 percent of so called mnutations are destructive and that only the beneficial mutations are carried through then so be it, it still does not negate the fact that there is not a single thread of evidence which demonstrates that a genus mutates to another.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

you dont say.
What's your point then?