Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
18 Jul 20

@divegeester said
You have just above said “Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord (God aka Jesus) will be saved“

My question then is this will those who don’t call on the name of the Lord (aka Jesus) be saved?

Surely you can see what I’m driving at. There are gross inconsistencies in your posting about the fundamentals of this thread and you are inadvertently revealing that you d ...[text shortened]... sserted early on I.e. that someone does NOT need to call on the name (believe in) Jesus to be saved.
My question then is this will those who don’t call on the name of the Lord (aka Jesus) be saved?
That is up to God aka Jesus, not I dive.
Scriptures tell us that God will have mercy on whom He chooses.
Scriptures also tell us that whoever spiritually calls on God, that they will be saved.
I'm not going to add or take away from what scriptures tell us; and, you know what the scriptures say pertaining to your question. So why are you asking me?
As I have stated many times, In my opinion, those that are spiritually and diligently seeking after God, they will be saved.
Even If they do not know Jesus yet, or His name, and they happen to die, I say "Yes, in my opinion, they are still saved."
Nothing more and nothing less.
I've also shared a couple scriptures that back up my opinion on this subject.
If you feel otherwise, that is fine; you're entitled to your opinion.
There's no need for you to go through all the mumbo jumbo of what you think may be my beliefs; in your attempted scheming to somehow make me look wrong, or a liar.
I have spelled them out correctly for you.
If you wish to add your beliefs on this subject, that is great. However, Mine are just fine in the mean time and they have coherently been presented to you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 20
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
Scriptures also tell us that whoever spiritually calls on God, that they will be saved.
I'm not going to add or take away from what scriptures tell us; and, ...[text shortened]... great. However, Mine are just fine in the mean time and they have coherently been presented to you.
What do you mean by ".. those that are spiritually and diligently seeking after God, .." How do people do that? So far you seem to think that reading the bible and going to church is spiritually and diligently seeking after God.

How do you justify your opinion in this regard when it is clear that Jesus said no such thing and to the contrary Jesus used every opportunity to condemn those priests, Levites, Scribes, Pharisees whose focus was bible knowledge and church attendance?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
18 Jul 20
3 edits

@rajk999 said
What do you mean by ".. those that are spiritually and diligently seeking after God, .." How do people do that? So far you seem to think that reading the bible and going to church is spiritually and diligently seeking after God.

How do you justify your opinion in this regard when it is clear that Jesus said no such thing and to the contrary Jesus used every oppor ...[text shortened]... mn those priests, Levites, Scribes, Pharisees whose focus was bible knowledge and church attendance?
What do you mean by ".. those that are spiritually and diligently seeking after God, .."
It's a 100% personal thing between the seeker and God.
NO one else is involved in the matter. NO ONE.
πŸ˜† "church attendance" LOL.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰
I have not been to a church service in close to a year now.
The last one I went to, I preached a memorial service; and, that was outdoors on a lake; not at a church. So it's been longer than that. lol...
Edit: I do go to in-home Bible study's semi-often, with ten or so others. That's about it for now.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
I'm not going to add or take away from what scriptures tell us; and, you know what the scriptures say pertaining to your question. So why are you asking me?
I am asking you because at the start of this thread you did “add or take away from the scriptures” by categorically asserting that a person DID NOT need to call on the name of/believe in Jesus in order to be saved, and that there NO scriptures to support otherwise.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
18 Jul 20
2 edits

@divegeester said
I am asking you because at the start of this thread you did “add or take away from the scriptures” by categorically asserting that a person DID NOT need to call on the name of/believe in Jesus in order to be saved, and that there NO scriptures to support otherwise.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, I disagree.
It is interesting to me that almost all of your posts here end up as an attack against someones Christian character.
I did NOT add or take away from the scriptures.
And, there are scriptures that support otherwise.
End of your story. Enjoy your box. πŸ™‚

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 20
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, I disagree.
It’s not my opinion it’s what you said over a few posts on page 1...

KingDavid403 said
“for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
This is ALL that is required: Jesus paid from here on out.”

That is all that is required you said. Nothing about “calling on the name of Jesus”.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said

It is interesting to me that almost all of your posts here end up as an attack against someones Christian character.
What in my post is attacking your character?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
18 Jul 20
3 edits

@divegeester said
It’s not my opinion it’s what you said over a few posts on page 1...

KingDavid403 said
“for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
This is ALL that is required: Jesus paid from here on out.”

That is all that is required you said. Nothing about “calling on the name of Jesus”.
That's right. We need to follow the spirit of God's Law; not the letter of the law.
That's why we went from the Old Testament to the new.

Romans 7:6 NKJV - But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:2 NKJV - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Galatians 3:5 NKJV - Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, [does He do it] by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?--

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
That's right.
What’s right?

I just unequivocally demonstrated that you are contradicting yourself; is that what you are saying is right?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
19 Jul 20
6 edits

@divegeester said
What’s right?

I just unequivocally demonstrated that you are contradicting yourself; is that what you are saying is right?
Sorry dive. Scriptures do NOT contradict themselves.
They all mesh as One.
If you think you have found scriptures that contradict themselves, you are off track; and, if you cherry pick the ones that you like and discard the others, then you are off track.
You and others here are making some teachings in the New Testament, into an Old Testament Law.
You are saying that if one does not fulfill this law physically, this law that you have made up out of scriptures, that they then are not, and never have been, saved by the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The scriptures and knowledge that I've presented; they contradict your absolute claim that:
("100% ABSOLUTELY no one is saved without a knowledge of Christ."πŸ˜‰ If they die with no knowledge, they are LOST." )
You and others here are all claiming; that if someone dies without a knowledge of Jesus, that they then are going to hell; or the worst place to be in, in the end of one's life, whatever ones beliefs.
I say WRONG!
If you want to know why? read my previous posts, that you have dodged previously.
I have given you examples and scriptures that support my claim. All you do is come back with some sort of law that needs to be fulfilled; And, All in the Name of Christ.
I will say, I'm done going in circles with you; and, you clearly could not care either way.

The worst part of all of this is, you are holding Jesus to this law that you have made. You are saying that He must destroy all those that died before they had a chance to have a knowledge of Him; 100% ABSOLUTELY. No way otherwise.
Again, I say, Wrong!

Good day all. πŸ™‚

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Sorry dive. Scriptures do NOT contradict themselves.
They all mesh as One.
If you think you have found scriptures that contradict themselves, you are off track; and, if you cherry pick the ones that you like and discard the others, then you are off track.
You and others here are making some teachings in the New Testament, into an Old Testament Law.
You are saying t ...[text shortened]... e a knowledge of Him; 100% ABSOLUTELY. No way otherwise.
Again, I say, Wrong!

Good day all. πŸ™‚
You are seriously screwed up.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
19 Jul 20
7 edits

@rajk999 said
You are seriously screwed up.
Why yes you are.
" I know you are, but what am I?" LOL....
So tell us rajk999,
where did, and do, all the young babies and children go, that have died and that never had a chance to know the Lord Jesus by His name?
I'll wait pompous a$$. πŸ™‚
Clearly there is no "100% absolute Law for salvation" here, as you and others claim.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Why yes you are.
" I know you are, but what am I?" LOL....
So tell us rajk999,
where did, and do, all the young children go, that died and that never had a chance to know the Lord Jesus by His name?
I'll wait pompous a$$. πŸ™‚
Some doctrines are much too above your paygrade [in this case your intellect really] for you to understand. So I wont waste my time. Suffice it to say that when I see you [and several others here], speaking conclusively about going to heaven when they die, I know they have not yet broken free of the nonsense doctrines preached by the church.

Read your bible and check me in a few years.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
19 Jul 20
8 edits

@rajk999 said
Some doctrines are much too above your paygrade [in this case your intellect really] for you to understand. So I wont waste my time. Suffice it to say that when I see you [and several others here], speaking conclusively about going to heaven when they die, I know they have not yet broken free of the nonsense doctrines preached by the church.

Read your bible and check me in a few years.
This post of yours just shows that you know nothing; as usual.
I have a Bachelors Degree in Biblical Studies from a Christian University; and you?

Don't dodge the question again.

Again, where do the babies and young children go that died and they never had a chance to know Jesus or profess Him as Lord?
Did they receive salvation through Christ's mercy?
Or, did they go to hell or like wise, since they had no knowledge of Christ, and that they did not profess Him as their Lord?
Simple question really. Yes or No basically.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
This post of yours just shows that you know nothing; as usual.
I have a Bachelors Degree in Biblical Studies from a Christian University; and you?

Again, where do the babies and young children go that died and they never had a chance to know Jesus or profess Him as Lord?
Did they receive salvation through Christ's mercy?
Or, did they go to hell or like wise, since ...[text shortened]... ist, and that they did not profess Him as their Lord?
Simple question really. Yes or No basically.
I have never discussed anything with you [so far] concerning what happens to children when they die.

Lets deal with something a little more basic ... where in the bible says that Christians go to heaven when they die?