Does God Exist?

Does God Exist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Feb 20
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Why does it have to be either or?
A religious source could and most likely would be biased.
If what he said is true I am sure some leading astronomers would have written some articles on it and most astronomers are not religious.

I find outer space fascinating.

But...couldn’t the whole universe be viewed from anywhere in the universe?
If not and only earth can view the whole universe then that is definitely interesting.

V

Moves
10 Feb 20

@old-indian said
If what he said is true I am sure some leading astronomers would have written some articles on it and most astronomers are not religious.

If not and only earth can view the whole universe then that is definitely interesting.
The entire universe as seen from Earth can only be seen in its entirety from Earth. If that sounds tautological to you, you're only partially correct.

However, there's no reason to believe that only the parts of the universe that we can see with a telescope exist. After all, what we can see is limited by the speed of light. You can't see Heaven with a telescope, either.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Feb 20

@old-indian said

Do you believe any man or woman is above bias? The world is full of people who have beliefs that color everything they look at, but you are only acknowledging this with those with religious beliefs? What do you do with people of science who are also religious, foundational leaders in science believed in God, there are Nobel winners in science who believe in modern times, they fit both, and you say what to that?

Moves
10 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
Do you believe any man or woman is above bias? The world is full of people who have beliefs that color everything they look at, but you are only acknowledging this with those with religious beliefs?
Would you say that your religious views colour you everything you look at or that you are biased?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Feb 20

@divegeester said
Would you say that your religious views colour you everything you look at or that you are biased?
A biblical perspective isn't a bias. It's the truth. The Word of God is the lens through which believers view the world and see it as God sees it.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
10 Feb 20

@secondson said
A biblical perspective isn't a bias. It's the truth. The Word of God is the lens through which believers view the world and see it as God sees it.
ROFL !

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Feb 20

@secondson said
It's a good thing it's not in the Bible that I should prove God's existence.

It'd be just another commandment I'd brake. πŸ™‚

Did you know that the earth is located, astronomically, exactly where the whole universe is visible from it? From nowhere else is the earths vantage point shared.
You brake [sic] commandments. That's rich.

Moves
10 Feb 20

@kellyjay said
Do you believe any man or woman is above bias? The world is full of people who have beliefs that color everything they look at, but you are only acknowledging this with those with religious beliefs? What do you do with people of science who are also religious, foundational leaders in science believed in God, there are Nobel winners in science who believe in modern times, they fit both, and you say what to that?
what?

F

Moves
10 Feb 20

@secondson said
A biblical perspective isn't a bias. It's the truth.
You sound like you're channeling Dasa.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 20

@old-indian said
I absolutely believe in a higher power but I find it hard to believe something that powerful would care about us butt wipers.
I have Seen Eric Clapton live many times and can cofirm he not only exists but also at this moment he lives (knocking on a bit so dont hold your breath)

Moves
10 Feb 20

@badradger said
I have Seen Eric Clapton live many times and can cofirm he not only exists but also at this moment he lives (knocking on a bit so dont hold your breath)
Thanks a lot

Now I will have Layla in my head all day 😠

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Feb 20

@old-indian said
Thanks a lot

Now I will have Layla in my head all day 😠
At least it got Billy Ray Cyrus's Achy Breaky Heart out of your head.

bunny knight

planet Earth

Moves
10 Feb 20

@secondson said
A Pagan perspective isn't a bias. It's the truth. The Laws of Nature are the lens through which believers view the world, and see it as natural life sees it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Feb 20

@old-indian said
what?
There isn’t an either-or, men and women of science can believe in God.

Moves
10 Feb 20

@KellyJay

Blasphemy!