1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '20 23:26
    @old-indian said
    Matter did not create itself.
    I’m saying a higher power exists I just don’t think it cares about us.
    It might not even know we exist! 🤔
    I believe the scriptures that say, He cares about each of us there isn't a sparrow that falls to the ground that He isn't aware and we are of much more valuable than one of them. I believe He is all-knowing, all-powerful, and because He is unhindered by time means there has never has been a single molecule, particle, atom, in the whole universe, He isn't aware of from beginning to end. So you and your life are of utmost importance to Him, each of our lives are. Because He is personable it is a relationship with us is what He seeks.
  2. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 00:10
    So why do kids die of disease?

Is he/she/it cruel?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 04:02
    @old-indian said
    So why do kids die of disease?

Is he/she/it cruel?
    Because we have and continue to do a lot of things that bring these things upon ourselves. God allows us to go after what we want, even to our own harm.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 06:27
    @kellyjay said
    Because we have and continue to do a lot of things that bring these things upon ourselves. God allows us to go after what we want, even to our own harm.
    Did the millions and millions of Jews who were exterminated industrial style in the mid-C20th "bring it upon themselves"? Did your God figure choose that moment and means of death of all those Jews [and others] because "they went after what they wanted"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 06:30
    @kellyjay said
    Because we have and continue to do a lot of things that bring these things upon ourselves.
    old Indian asked you "So why do kids die of disease?"

You believe 2 different things, apparently, with regard to this:

[1] God chooses when and how they die, it's up to Him.

[2] They bring it upon themselves.

Which is to be?
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 17:27
    @fmf said
    old Indian asked you "So why do kids die of disease?"

You believe 2 different things, apparently, with regard to this:

[1] God chooses when and how they die, it's up to Him.

[2] They bring it upon themselves.

Which is to be?
    Blame it on evolution. That way nobody gets hurt.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 21:24
    @secondson said
    Blame it on evolution. That way nobody gets hurt.
    Death is caused by the failure of vital organs either because of illness, old age, or accident. Not because a supernatural being chooses when and how people die. Your reply above doesn't seem to realize that my post was addressing the incoherence of KellyJay's views on, for example, why young kids die of disease.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 01:56
    @fmf said
    Death is caused by the failure of vital organs either because of illness, old age, or accident.
    Do you mean death, by whatever cause, isn't by evolutionary design?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 02:00
    @secondson said
    Do you mean death, by whatever cause, isn't by evolutionary design?
    If you don't know what "evolution" and "evolutionary" mean, I suggest you look them up. Unlike Kelly, I don't believe there is a supernatural being who chooses when and why people die.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 02:05
    @fmf said
    Not because a supernatural being chooses when and how people die.
    Are you sure about that? What do you know about the will of any supernatural being?

I guess your answer is evolution-done-it.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 02:10
    @fmf said
    If you don't know what "evolution" and "evolutionary" mean, I suggest you look them up.
    I don't need to look anything up.

Do you think death, decay, disease etc. etc., are part of the design of evolution? Please explain how you know it works.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 02:49
    @secondson said
    Do you think death, decay, disease etc. etc., are part of the design of evolution? Please explain how you know it works.
    "Design" is your word, not mine. Death is inevitable and comes to us all. Evolution is the process whereby living organisms are believed to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during Earth's history because gradually changing attributes are handed down to descendants prior to death and so the process continues from generation to generation. If you want to talk about "design", I'll leave that to you.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 02:51
    @secondson said
    Are you sure about that? What do you know about the will of any supernatural being?
    I'm just sharing my perspective, that's all. We have both speculated about the nature of human life and about supernatural things and we have arrived at different perspectives. How "sure" I am or how "sure" you are is neither here nor there.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 12:45
    @fmf said
    How "sure" I am or how "sure" you are is neither here nor there.
    Is it neither here nor there, according to your perspective, because you're not "sure", and therefore you can't believe anyone else can be either?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 12:47
    @fmf said
    "Design" is your word, not mine. Death is inevitable and comes to us all. Evolution is the process whereby living organisms are believed to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during Earth's history because gradually changing attributes are handed down to descendants prior to death and so the process continues from generation to generation. If you want to talk about "design", I'll leave that to you.
    Out of curiosity, do you believe that evolution will eventually lead to immortality?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree