Difficulty on Noah's Flood?

Difficulty on Noah's Flood?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Of course "change happens". Of course "it is possible to believe one thing and then to believe something else". No one disputes these things. But it's something that happens - as you say - it's a process, it's a realization, it's an impact that evidence and circumstances has upon a person - it's not a decision or choice.

Neither you nor I can somehow "decide ...[text shortened]... lieve it, we won't be able to somehow "decide" or "choose" not to. This is not how belief works.
Belief or non-belief makes not a whit of difference to reality.
5 billion people may wish for there to be a JC returning to set things straight but it would not alter that reality of zero people believed or if all 8 billion of us believed.

Moves
25 Jul 16

Originally posted by chaney3
Agreed, along with 'Southern Cross'. Thanks.

Your above description of how a person's belief system can change or 'fluctuate' over time is well stated.......something I hope Dive takes the time to read. It helps to explain my battles with spirituality and how I currently label myself, which is simply a believer in God.
Edit: A person should not be criti ...[text shortened]... wn for changes or modifications to what or how they believe, it's part of the spiritual journey.
TO CHANEY3

Nice avoidance technique; I shall have to call you on it though as I'm not asking what you call yourself now, I'm asking if you have decided on whether you have ever been a Christian as you have changed your position on that previously.

c

Moves
25 Jul 16

Originally posted by divegeester
TO CHANEY3

Nice avoidance technique; I shall have to call you on it though as I'm not asking what you call yourself now, I'm asking if you have decided on whether you have ever been a Christian as you have changed your position on that previously.
Yes, in the past I believed myself to be a Christian. But my current doubts are preventing me from giving myself any label at all. I believe in God.
And....as I stated in the other thread, Suzianne's post explained things nicely regarding the changes in beliefs a person can have...I felt nothing needed to be added.

Moves
25 Jul 16
1 edit

Yes, in the past I believed myself to be a Christian. But my current doubts are preventing me from giving myself any label at all. I believe in God.
And....as I stated in the other thread, Suzianne's post explained things nicely regarding the changes in beliefs a person can have...I felt nothing needed to be added.
No, that is not what you have said in this forum. You have claimed in your very first post that you had always considered yourself a Christian and then, some time later, claimed you had never been a Christian. Now you say you are someone "who believes in God". How can we believe you?

You strike me as someone who likes to pretend he is interested, was interested, could be interested again, in order to get well meaning Christians to follow you in your silly arguments and for you to be the continual devil's advocate...

"oh I'm almost a Christian, oh I could be a Christian if I could only figure out the trinity"

Sorry, I see right through you.

c

Moves
25 Jul 16

No, that is not what you have said in this forum. You have claimed in your very first post that you had always considered yourself a Christian and then, some time later, claimed you had never been a Christian. Now you say you are someone "who believes in God". How can we believe you?

You strike me as someone who likes to pretend he is interested, wa ...[text shortened]... could be a Christian if I could only figure out the trinity"

Sorry, I see right through you.
Dive....get over yourself!!!!
My goodness, you should hear yourself talk.
My spiritual journey has been rough, and frankly still is!
It will never be a goal of mine to satisfy YOUR conditions of spirituality or Christianity.
My journey is not for you to judge, and your arrogance is noted.

Moves
25 Jul 16
1 edit

Dive....get over yourself!!!!
My goodness, you should hear yourself talk.
My spiritual journey has been rough, and frankly still is!
It will never be a goal of mine to satisfy YOUR conditions of spirituality or Christianity.
My journey is not for you to judge, and your arrogance is noted.
I'm not judging you, I'm calling you on your lies, in this forum.

c

Moves
25 Jul 16

I'm not judging you, I'm calling you on your lies, in this forum.
Fluctuating beliefs are not lies.
Going in and out of Christianity throughout my life is not lies.
Changing my mind is not lies.
A rock solid faith.....no....
But certainly not lies.
This matter is put to rest.

Moves
25 Jul 16

Changing my mind is not lies.
A rock solid faith.....no....
But certainly not lies.
This matter is put to rest.
Whatever.
You shot your reputation bolt here ages ago.
You're hardly worth bothering to argue with.

c

Moves
25 Jul 16

Whatever.
You shot your reputation bolt here ages ago.
You're hardly worth bothering to argue with.
And you are arrogant and full of yourself. You really think you're something special to these forums? Dive is forum gold?
I've seen you put in your place at the GF even today by both Rusty and Suzianne for the arrogant and cocky way you view yourself in the 'in crowd' thread. Rusty is correct, you speak drivel.
You are truly far from 'acting' like a Christian......not a shred of humility in your bones.
Stop being a pompous ass!!!!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jul 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I believe things that I have become convinced are true. Sometimes this is a result of my own observations and reasoning, and more often than not based on the observations and reasoning of people far smarter than I.
Ok, lets take aside the fact that we are all a lot wiser by standing on the shoulders of our fore bearers... If you saw something that you did not have an adequate framework for, would you look to others to "explain away" your unusual sight or would you trust your own gut feelings on this sighting?

F

Moves
25 Jul 16

Originally posted by chaney3 to Suzianne
Your above description of how a person's belief system can change or 'fluctuate' over time is well stated.
Unfortunately for the debate that Suzianne, Fetchmyjunk, sonship and I are having, her thoughts on "how a person's belief system can change or 'fluctuate' over time" are just a red herring. No one is disputing the fact that beliefs can change.

F

Moves
25 Jul 16

No one has claimed that "fluctuating beliefs" and "going in and out of Christianity" are "lies". You stand accused of lying about having had "fluctuating beliefs" and "going in and out of Christianity". Here you are claiming that you have been "in" Christianity and yet, not so long ago, you were claiming that you had never been a Christian.

I realize that you did this at a time when you were posting when you were inebriated, and being bizarrely abusive, and seeking a certain kind of attention, but you need to recognize that you are still responsible for what you have said and how you have behaved on the past.

c

Moves
25 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
No one has claimed that "fluctuating beliefs" and "going in and out of Christianity" are "lies". You stand accused of lying [b]about having had "fluctuating beliefs" and "going in and out of Christianity". Here you are claiming that you have been "in" Christianity and yet, not so long ago, you were claiming that you had never been a Christian.

I realize ...[text shortened]... nize that you are still responsible for what you have said and how you have behaved on the past.[/b]
If you realize that my posting past has involved some bouts with heavy drinking, which I have publicly owned up to, then why the need to take every available opportunity on every thread I decide to post in NOW, to throw it in my face?
Are both you and dive really filled with such spite?
I made note of a line in a song by CSN....."don't let the past remind us of what we are NOT now".
I am not the same person...or poster... Today!!!
I will continue to post AT WILL, and if all you and dive are going to do is dig up drunken posts from my past, then I will not engage the both of you any longer.
That would be fine with all involved, because my 'forum reputation' is scarred beyond repair according to dive, who is RHP's Forum King (self appointed of course).
It is my past, and that's exactly where I am keeping it!!
Besides, I have my redemption through Jesus anyway. 🙂

F

Moves
26 Jul 16

If you realize that my posting past has involved some bouts with heavy drinking, which I have publicly owned up to, then why the need to take every available opportunity on every thread I decide to post in NOW, to throw it in my face?
Nothing is being 'thrown in your face'. To suggest that I have mentioned your drinking at "every available opportunity on every thread I decide to post in" is simply more dishonesty on your part.

c

Moves
26 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Nothing is being 'thrown in your face'. To suggest that I have mentioned your drinking at "every available opportunity on every thread I decide to post in" is simply more dishonesty on your part.
You know damn well that when both yourself and dive insist on bringing up my 'past posts', that it likely involved drinking.

If you do not want to exchange posts with me today, with my sober thoughts of today, then ignore me and I will ignore you.

This all started because I asked you a question on this thread, and instead of answering, you chose to go the route of "I already told you". Well FMF, if I asked today, it likely means that when you initially told me, perhaps I was drunk and don't remember.
If this is how future posts will go, then I will avoid you and dive. Believe me, I have real life to remind me of my past, I don't need your shiit on a forum as well.
By the way, Ghost answered me, knowing full well that I probably asked him the same question months ago. I will assume that he is giving me the benefit of doubt about recent posting, but I could be wrong.