I haven't "flipped" at all.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 01:13
    @philokalia said
    You saw what I wrote, didn't you?

Would you like to go read it again?
    You seemed to be using the turn of phrase "In the abstract sense" to obfuscate in some way. This is all abstract and superstitious stuff. All of it. So, you have the chance now to answer unequivocally. Do you actually believe, in reality, it is the will of your God that Trump is your president?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 01:18
    @philokalia said
    Yes, of course he is favored by them as he fights for what they believe in and does it with a lot of gusto and attitude, something that has been utterly alien to mainstream conservatives in national level politics in America.
    So the majority of American Christians - most of whom were conservative Christians - voted for and got a Christian president they wanted ~ and one they accepted as a fellow Christian ~ in 2016. There's been no flip.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 01:20
    @philokalia said
    But, sure, I bet you can find some conservative version of Suzianne and obsess over the fact that the lowest common denominator of the conservatives will say ugly things or some such. Is that what you are gong for here, my British-Indonesian moral relativist compatriot?
    You can tell what I am "going for here" by simply reading my posts. There is no need to attribute any additional ideas or arguments to me in order that you may then disagree with those.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 01:40
    @fmf said
    You seemed to be using the turn of phrase "In the abstract sense" to obfuscate in some way. This is all abstract and superstitious stuff. All of it. So, you have the chance now to answer unequivocally. Do you actually believe, in reality, it is the will of your God that Trump is your president?
    I answered this is in a previous post.

Why didn't you read it? That's the real question.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 01:43
    @fmf said
    So the majority of American Christians - most of whom were conservative Christians - voted for and got a Christian president they wanted ~ and one they accepted as a fellow Christian ~ in 2016. There's been no flip.
    I find this practice of yours to be really curious but understandable...

Your arguments are like an accordion....

One second, they are stretched out and taut, implying that there is a moral condemnation of Christians because they have selected Pres. Trump (an exceedingly common argument brought up by peopel to disparage Christians from a left perspective these days), and the next second you scrunch it all back in, so it is incredibly tight and compacted, and you pretend that there was no such meaning to the statement...

One moment, a sweeping condemnation is implied that builds off of a very common theme in political discussions.

The next second, a mere statement of fact.

I feel like I should flip a coin in your hat -- it is an entertainign minstrel show.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 01:59
    @philokalia said
    I answered this is in a previous post.

Why didn't you read it? That's the real question.
    I did. I noticed your wording. So I re-asked. "Do you actually believe, in reality, it is the will of your God that Trump is your president?" Your answer is "yes", right?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 02:01
    @philokalia said
    I find this practice of yours to be really curious but understandable...

Your arguments are like an accordion....

One second, they are stretched out and taut, implying that there is a moral condemnation of Christians because they have selected Pres. Trump (an exceedingly common argument brought up by peopel to disparage Christians from a left perspective these days), ...[text shortened]... of fact.[/i]

I feel like I should flip a coin in your hat -- it is an entertainign minstrel show.
    If all this stuff is "advice" of some kind, thank you.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 02:02
    @philokalia said
    One second, they are stretched out and taut, implying that there is a moral condemnation of Christians because they have selected Pres. Trump
    Can you quote me on this "moral condemnation of Christians" thing?
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 02:34
    @fmf said
    I did. I noticed your wording. So I re-asked. "Do you actually believe, in reality, it is the will of your God that Trump is your president?" Your answer is "yes", right?
    Is God sovereign over the affairs of men?

You don't think so. So you really don't have a point. That Trump is president, as far as you're concerned, has nothing to do with the "God figure" you disdain.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 02:36
    @fmf said
    If this is all some kind of advice, then thank you. I'll use it in the future.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:01
    @secondson said

You don't think so. So you really don't have a point. That Trump is president, as far as you're concerned, has nothing to do with the "God figure" you disdain.
    Do you believe it is the will of your God that Trump is your president?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 05:23
    @philokalia said
    One moment, a sweeping condemnation is implied that builds off of a very common theme in political discussions.
    Where is this "sweeping condemnation"? Which post are you referring to?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 08:34
    @secondson said

Are you a believer in the notion that God puts world leaders such as Donald Trump in place?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 10:03
    @fmf said
    Although you don't necessarily think Trump is "good" or a "Christian" or even a "good Christian", do you believe that the power that he wields is ordained by God and that he was placed there in government by God?
    The one thing I do believe this universe reveals is the type of people we are. We
    can have various types of leaders it doesn't matter who, and we react. Some loved
    Obama, some love Trump, both were appointed by God to lead and all the people.
    If we treated one of them differently than the other our hearts were revealed for
    what is in them. So God puts up and takes down and uses this to accomplish His
    will, whatever He is doing it is getting done.

When we accept certain things "our guy does" and renounce the same things
    when someone we don't like does them, we show how flawed we are. When we
    hate one and love another we show how flawed we are. Come the day of
    judgment when its all said and done none of us will be with an excuse on the type
    of people we were.

The thing God commands is that we love Him and each other, some look for
    excuses to hate others, they put blinders upon themselves in their attempt to
    justify their stance. The same thing is true when look at the universe around us,
    what we use to justify our beliefs and what we use to dismiss other's beliefs will
    show what we are inside as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree