Deification of man

Deification of man

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 21
4 edits

The vine tree is something that came out of the mouth of Christ.

"I am the true vine . . . you are the branches". This came out of the mouth of Christ. "Organism of the triune God" may not have come out of His mouth per se. But that He is the true vine and the believers are the branches attached to Him drawing from Him the life to produce fruit as a vine tree - THAT is very much out of the mouth of Christ.

That is not invented by someone else. It was pointed out by a faithful lover of Christ and the truth that it amounts to an organism of the Triune God with those in whom the divine trinity has been installed, made to indwell, imparted into, and is flowing the life of God into them for an expression and purpose of God.

Not agreeing that the vine tree with the branches represents an organism of the triune God is not a litmus test as to whether one is a genuine Christian or not.
I receive as a brother or sister one who at this time cannot take it that the vine tree and its branches is a metaphor for an organism of the Triune God.

Maybe one day it will make more sense to them. Maybe it will not. Let me say sooner or latter they will appreciate John 15 on a deeper level.

F

Moves
03 Apr 21

@sonship said
@FMF
I'll try again. Does the presence of metaphors in the Bible allow believers to create their own metaphors and then speak about them as if they were in the Bible too?

1.) Yes, believers may refer to metaphors in and not in the Bible. But he should indicate that created metaphors do not have the same weight as those inspired to be written in ...[text shortened]... to be careful and more thorough to address the issue within the length of a reasonably worded post.
Why are you adding to the Bible?

Do you and your reigious group feel the Bible is lacking something?

F

Moves
03 Apr 21

@sonship said
Maybe one day it will make more sense to them. Maybe it will not. Let me say sooner or latter they will appreciate John 15 on a deeper level.
You believe that adding stuff to the Bible - or making stuff up and treating it as if were in the Bible - makes the Bible "deeper"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 21
1 edit

@FMF

Why are you adding to the Bible?

Do you and your reigious group feel the Bible is lacking something?

Go back and read my answer again carefully. I mean carefully.
Go back and re-read especially the first few points.

If you are reasonable, I think you should realize that your question here indicates that you did not comprehend what I wrote. I am careful about answering. I am not a perfect teacher. But I am careful about answering.

Now re-read what I wrote, and if you STILL ask "Why are you ADDING TO THE BIBLE" [paraphrased] show me where I said that we are ADDING TO THE BIBLE.

Show me the addition to the Bible that you imagine.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Apr 21
1 edit

@sonship said

"I am the true vine . . . you are the branches". This came out of the mouth of Christ. "Organism of the triune God" may not have come out of His mouth per se. But that He is the true vine and the believers are the branches attached to Him drawing from Him the life to produce fruit as a vine tree - TH ...[text shortened]... them. Maybe it will not. Let me say sooner or latter they will appreciate John 15 on a deeper level.
You have failed to understand what Jesus is saying here. Going off on a tangent with the claim that John 15 is talking about an organism of the Triune God is branching off into false doctrines and is not going deeper, but straying away from the truth.

The deepest you can go after reading John 15 is to appreciate that Jesus is saying that those who are want to be part of the branches must keep His commandments, and since you have an aversion to this doctrine you choose to ignore it and stray from the main point.

Neither Witness Lee nor you truly love Christ. You profess love but that love is worthless in the eyes of God who was crystal clear that love MUST lead to the keeping of the commandments. Your profession of love is pointless.

F

Moves
03 Apr 21

@sonship said
If you are reasonable, I think you should realize that your question here indicates that you did not comprehend what I wrote.
I think my question gets to the very heart of what you are saying because I comprehend it all too well.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 21
5 edits

@fmf said
I think my question gets to the very heart of what you are saying because I comprehend it all too well.
No actually you do not comprehend very well. After these many years it is clear that you do not comprehend too well at all these things.

Now you may understand what it is you do not believe.

Not much time is going to be spent here.
"An organism of the Triune God" is not something stated in the text of the NT.

Can it be used? Yes imo.
Did I say it was stated in the Bible? - No.
Did I ADD it to the text of the Bible? - No.

Is there validity to using such an expression? Yes, if rightly understood. Yes.

For those eager to misunderstand it, probably they can make an argument which appears good that the text of the Bible is being added to somehow by use of a phrase "an organism of the Triune God".

And that appears to be the case of criticism that you are trying to develop.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 21
1 edit

@FMF

You believe that adding stuff to the Bible - or making stuff up and treating it as if were in the Bible - makes the Bible "deeper"?

By using the expression "an organism of the Triune God" I am not ADDING to the actual text of the Bible.

I am not adding to the Bible's revelation.
I am attempting to illuminate upon it.

It is not adding to the bible because some atheist who doesn't like the plainest teachings of the Bible jumps at the opportunity to rationalize he is right to do so.

F

Moves
03 Apr 21

@sonship said
I am not adding to the Bible's revelation.
I am attempting to illuminate upon it.
Then quote it. Why add your own metaphors? Do you really believe the Bible needs you to make it "deeper"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 21
1 edit

@FMF

Do you really believe the Bible needs you to make it "deeper"?

I never said anything about making the Bible deeper.
Quote me where I said that.

One can have a deeper understanding of the game of chess.
That is enhancing someone's understanding.
That is not making the game of chess deeper.

But you're next post can show everybody where I said I was going to make the Bible deeper. Go get the quotation.

Moves
03 Apr 21

@sonship said
But he didn't say 'you are an organism of the Triune God."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 21
3 edits

What I wrote above was -

. Maybe it will not. Let me say sooner or latter they will appreciate John 15 on a deeper level.

Twist my words as FMF would love to do, appreciation of something in the Bible on a deeper level is not the same as making the Bible deeper.

Appreciation of, let's say, the US Declaration of Independence, is not the same as making the Declaration of Independence deeper.

And if you don't like using the US document as an example, insert some other nation's founding document.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But he didn't say 'you are an organism of the Triune God."
Quote the post where I said Jesus Christ said exactly that please.

Moves
03 Apr 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sorry sonship, but this is a lie. When I quoted 'organism of the Triune God Himself' you reacted as though you had never heard it before and demanded that I give the source to prove Lee had said it. Now you claim to have first heard it in 1974.
Bump for sonship.

Moves
03 Apr 21

@sonship said
Quote the post where I said Jesus Christ said exactly that please.
You said what Christ DID say, I what he DIDN'T.

Organism of the Triune God has no basis in scripture. You have been misled!