Dear god... please help me

Dear god... please help me

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@patzering said
win the lottery 😐
I think the god you need to beseech is Ganesh .

T

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
From wiki:

Prosperity theology (sometimes referred to as the prosperity gospel, the health and wealth gospel, the gospel of success, or seed faith)[A] is a religious belief among some Protestant Christians, who hold that financial blessing and physical well-being are always the will of God for them, and that faith, positive speech, and donations to religious causes will increase one's material wealth.[1] Prosperity theology views the Bible as a contract between God and humans: if humans have faith in God, he will deliver security and prosperity.[2]

The doctrine emphasizes the importance of personal empowerment, proposing that it is God's will for his people to be blessed. The atonement (reconciliation with God) is interpreted to include the alleviation of sickness and poverty, which are viewed as curses to be broken by faith. This is believed to be achieved through donations of money, visualization, and positive confession.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Ganesh is the remover of obstacles. Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity is a more direct patron of the OP request.

Success comes from knowing to whom one is asking ... 😏

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@hakima said
Ganesh is the remover of obstacles. Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity is a more direct patron of the OP request.

Success comes from knowing to whom one is asking ... 😏
My boss at the hotel is Hindu and has a small wooden Ganesh altar with other items on it. I just assumed this had something to do with financial success. My error.

is getting old...

Moves
26 Jun 19

Lakshmi 🤔
I'll look into it.

Moves
26 Jun 19

Grand Buffet ... always the same.

People come, people go,

so many are dissatisfied no matter how lavish the spread.

Moves
27 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Or Kool-Aid Man.

is getting old...

Moves
27 Jun 19

Hey! 😡

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 19

@ThinkOfOne

if humans have faith in God, he will deliver security and prosperity.[2]

The oldest book in the Bible, the book of Job challenges this assumption up front, and right away.

w

Moves
28 Jun 19

@bigdoggproblem said
If he is omniscient, he cannot help but have read it.
And probably wishes he hadn't.

T

Moves
28 Jun 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

if humans have faith in God, he will deliver security and prosperity.[2]

The oldest book in the Bible, the book of Job challenges this assumption up front, and right away.
Yet many Christians believe in the Prosperity Gospel because it allows them to feel good about themselves to do so. Just as many Christians believe in the atoning sacrifice, the total depravity of man, that man cannot make himself righteous, that it is impossible to cease to sin, etc. because it allow them to feel good about themselves to do so (or at least not to feel too bad) or relieve them of responsibility. It's a self-serving system of beliefs that is almost antithetical to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

is getting old...

Moves
28 Jun 19

@whodey said
And probably wishes he hadn't.
LoL

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jun 19

@thinkofone said
From wiki:

Prosperity theology (sometimes referred to as the prosperity gospel, the health and wealth gospel, the gospel of success, or seed faith)[A] is a religious belief among some Protestant Christians, who hold that financial blessing and physical well-being are always the will of God for them, and that faith, positive speech, and donations to religious causes will ...[text shortened]... This is believed to be achieved through donations of money, visualization, and positive confession.
I always wondered how conservatives could face the differences between their actions and the teachings of Jesus.

Turns out that fooling themselves and making crap up in the Bible are leading strategies.

I knew it couldn't be anything about facing the reality of their sins.

T

Moves
28 Jun 19

@suzianne said
I always wondered how conservatives could face the differences between their actions and the teachings of Jesus.

Turns out that fooling themselves and making crap up in the Bible are leading strategies.

From what I gather, they believe that they have fulfilled the requirements to live in the kingdom, receive eternal life and receive the Holy Spirit.

What do you think is going on there? They haven't received the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is largely ineffectual?

What's to face? Their sins have been atoned for and they have been forgiven.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Jun 19

@Patzering
I would if only you knew how to spend