Dawkins vs Pell

Dawkins vs Pell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
So you have moved the goalposts, it seems. Do you think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"?
Do you think that being excluded from an all lady gym club is discriminating against
men. What about child birth, was God discriminating against men when he engineered
the ovary?

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Do you think that being excluded from an all lady gym club is discriminating against
men. What about child birth, was God discriminating against men when he engineered
the ovary?
These analogies don't work, robbie. Men cannot give birth. Women can lead men, however.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Its not my assertion, it yours, you substantiate it. Its a Biblical teaching as I have
repeatedly pointed out and immutable.
So biblical teachings are immutable. Are men now still worth 50 sheckels and women only 35? Are you to stone your children for disobeying the father? Is that immutable?
It seems therefore you are the one cherry picking what you practice. It of course is just a coincidence that men are the one who get to chose men to make the rules. THAT one you find immutable all right.

I bet you don't stone your children for dissing you, do you? So the bible is not as immutable as you assert, only the parts of it that men can use to their advantage.

Keep women as second place citizens, barefoot, submissive, pregnant, who cares if they don't get an education, they are really good cooks and great in bed.

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

the ovary?
This response does not answer the question: Do you think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"?

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
These analogies don't work, robbie. Men cannot give birth. Women can lead men, however.
men can join a gym club, but not apparently an all female one, why is that FMF.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
This response does not answer the question: [b]Do you think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"?[/b]
I have no idea, do you?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 12

I have no idea, do you?
You can't answer my posts?

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

men can join a gym club, not apparently not an all female one, why is that FMF.
All female gyms are a matter of security and are available to women who might be concerned by issues of sexual harrassment etc. Their existence does not mean men cannot visit gyms, whether they be men-only or mixed. This red herring does not answer the question: Do you think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"? Yes or no?

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
You can't answer my posts?
you only posted one, it was the usual diatribe, which i naturally ignored,sorry, i dont do
caustic stuff anymore, nor hypothetical scenarios.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
All female gyms are a matter of security and are available to women who might be concerned by issues of sexual harrassment etc. Their existence does not mean men cannot visit gyms, whether they be men-only or mixed. This red herring does not answer the question: [b]Do you think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"? Yes or no?[/b]
You cannot join because you are male FMF, why? because that is the rules stipulated by
the organisation, is it discriminatory FMF? I don't know what would happen if women
became elders, many i have spoken to when questioned have expressed reticence at
the prospect because of the responsibility, but then again, i have only asked them and
have seventeen years experience and you ?

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

I have no idea, do you?
Do I think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"? Of course I don't. I am not an insecure male with a self-image of being superior to women, or with preference for subservient women. You mentioned taking advice from "secular liberals" would "lead to disaster". If you took my advice and allowed women to take on leadership roles in your organisation, would it "lead to disaster" in your view?

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

You cannot join because you are male FMF, why? because that is the rules stipulated by
the organisation, is it discriminatory FMF?
It would be if there were no gyms for men. Are there Kingdom Halls that do allow women to take on leadership roles? Do women have the choice? Or are they excluded wherever they go within the JW organisation?

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do I think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"? Of course I don't. I am not an insecure male with a self-image of being superior to women, or with preference for subservient women. You mentioned taking advice from "secular liberals" would "lead to disaster". If you took my advice and allowed women to take on leadership roles in your organisation, would it "lead to disaster" in your view?
many i have spoken to when questioned have expressed reticence at the prospect
because of the responsibility, but then again, i have only asked them and have
seventeen years experience and know many Christian sisters and you, who have you
asked FMF?

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
It would be if there were no gyms for men. Are there Kingdom Halls that do allow women to take on leadership roles? Do women have the choice? Or are they excluded wherever they go within the JW organisation?
But wait, we are not talking of other gyms, we are talking of gyms exclusively for the
use of ladies, because that is stipulated as a requirement, in your opinion, because of
the prevalence of other gymns, that legitimises the ladies exclusive appeals to gender,
well FMF, there are other churches which appoint ladies, so by the same token, we
cannot be discriminatory, by your own reasoning, can we!

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

I don't know what would happen if women
became elders, many i have spoken to when questioned have expressed reticence at the prospect because of the responsibility, but then again, i have only asked them and have seventeen years experience and you ?
Do a lot of the women you meet in your everyday life express "reticence" at the "prospect" of "responsibility"? Do you know any women in leadership roles beyond your Kingdom Hall environment?

If a woman "expressed"... enthusiasm for "...the prospect because of the responsibility" in the JW group and proactively tried to assume the responsibility, would she be expelled?