Dawkins vs Pell

Dawkins vs Pell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
This does not answer the question: What do you say to the suggestion that this is a rather blatant example of "cherry picking"?
I dont say anything, you are entitled to think and reason as you like, if it appears to
you as cherry picking, so be it, I am not a secular liberal.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
This is not the teaching of Christ.
I never said it was, its a Biblical teaching, that is what I actually stated.

F

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have produced the requirement or qualifications for Elders, you may draw your own
conclusions.
You have produced some text from a letter from one man to another man written in the context of a 2,000 year old male dominated culture.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You have produced some text from one man to another man written in the context of a 2,000 year old culture.
I have produced a Biblical teaching, its of little concern to me, what you think of it, in
its original context or now, it remains immutable.

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

I never said it was, its a Biblical teaching, that is what I actually stated.
Can you state how the discrimination is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Can you state how the discrimination is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?
We have no issues of discrimination, of equality nor of gender, its your assertion, not mine.

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

I have produced a Biblical teaching, its of little concern to me, what you think of it, in
its original context or now, it remains immutable.
You copped some flak for a thread you started in the General Forum about a year ago where you waxed on about your delight about having a subservient and subordinate wife. I suppose the JW organisation would be a religion that serves you up with the male oriented mind map you need and give some 'scriptural legitimacy' to your preference for discrimination against women.

F

Moves
11 Apr 12

We have no issues of discrimination, of equality nor of gender, its your assertion, not mine.
But this response of yours does not answer the question: Can you state how the discrimination is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
You copped some flak for a thread you started in the General Forum about a year ago where you waxed on about your delight about having a subservient and subordinate wife. I suppose the JW organisation would be a religion that serves you up with the male oriented mind map you need and give some 'scriptural legitimacy' to your preference for discrimination against women.
The Bible counsels Christian wifes to be submissive to their husbands, i did not author
it, nor did Jehovah's Witnesses.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
But this response of yours does not answer the question: [b]Can you state how the discrimination is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?[/b]
Its your assertion of discrimination, not mine, you substantiate it, you uttered it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Apr 12

The Bible counsels Christian wifes to be submissive to their husbands, i did not author
it, nor did Jehovah's Witnesses.
You may not have authored it, but you choose to follow it.

F

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Its your assertion of discrimination, not mine, you substantiate it, you uttered it.
You deny that 'JW elders can only be men' is an edict that discriminates against women? You deny that a rule that says 'men may lead but women may not' enshrines inequality between those men and women? Seriously?

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You may not have authored it, but you choose to follow it.
Anyone who adopts and applies the wisdom of scripture can have a successful
marraige, in contrast to the UK, present, 50/50 chances of success because of secular
liberal teaching and a materialistic philosophy.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
You deny that 'JW elders can only be men' is an edict that discriminates against women? You deny that a rule that says 'men may lead but women may not' enshrines inequality between those men and women? Seriously?
You are free to think as you wish and draw your own conclusions. Jehovah's witnesses
did not author the Bible, the qualification for overseers is gender specific and
immutable.

F

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

You are free to think as you wish and draw your own conclusions. Jehovah's witnesses
did not author the Bible, the qualification for overseers is gender specific and
immutable.
Well I have established that your JW rules constitute discrimination and institutionalized inequality, as you requested. So now...

Can you state how the exclusion of women from leadership in your organisation is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?