1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '22 17:354 edits
    @kellyjay said
    The evidence is the things I pointed to,
    Here is what you posted, in full:

KellyJay said:
    Scripture will always agree with itself it will not disagree with it self. Scripture points to One person Jesus Christ it foretold of His life before He got here, while He was here as a man, and after His resurrection. Any writing about Jesus Christ that doesn’t line up with the truth found in scriptures is to be rejected.
    The Quran text does not line up with the rest of the scripture, having Jesus Christ dying on the cross and rising from the dead seated at the right hand of the Father. Did your Jesus do that?
    A large number of evidence validating of historical evidence some of which wasn’t known unto just recently. A lot you ignored when presented as you do almost everything depending on who shares it. If this was a topic that actually meant something to you, you would do your own research

Which part of this personal opinion is “evidence”?

And how does the Quoran not aligning with your favoured holy book preclude it from being the word of god?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '22 18:37
    @divegeester said
    Here is what you posted, in full:

KellyJay said:
    [i]Scripture will always agree with itself it will not disagree with it self. Scripture points to One person Jesus Christ it foretold of His life before He got here, while He was here as a man, and after His resurrection. Any writing about Jesus Christ that doesn’t line up with the truth found in scriptures is to be rej ...[text shortened]... ow does the Quoran not aligning with your favoured holy book preclude it from being the word of god?
    You have no baseline, some truth that allows you to see error elsewhere, that lines up everything else, you have no meta-narrative in which everything fits. When I tell you that the scriptures are the Word of God, you balk since you don’t have faith in the Word.

Calling yourself a Christian and rejecting the story about Christ as a means to grasp truth leaves you with a faith without reasoning a blind faith.

If you have to have it proven to you that scripture that denies Jesus dying on the cross is in error what is truth to you?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '22 18:40
    @kellyjay said
    You have no baseline, some truth that allows you to see error elsewhere, that lines up everything else, you have no meta-narrative in which everything fits. When I tell you that the scriptures are the Word of God, you balk since you don’t have faith in the Word.

Calling yourself a Christian and rejecting the story about Christ as a means to grasp truth leaves you with a ...[text shortened]... proven to you that scripture that denies Jesus dying on the cross is in error what is truth to you?
    Just answer the questions KellyJay.

All this petulant insult throwing doesn’t help your case.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 05:52
    @kellyjay said
    Well you and the anti-Christ can lock arms and arms you are in agreement.
    KellyJay's brandishing of the "Anti-Christ" label is a convergence of the bottoming out of his ability to converse with dissenters, on one hand, and the peaking of his self-sanctified narcissism, on the other.

Thread 193601
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 08:06
    @kellyjay said

Calling yourself a Christian and rejecting the story about Christ as a means to grasp truth leaves you with a faith without reasoning a blind faith.
    I have rejected “the story about Christ” you are lying.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 08:08
    @kellyjay said

If you have to have it proven to you that scripture that denies Jesus dying on the cross is in error what is truth to you?
    This is not about me, this about the fact there is NO evidence to support that the bible is the complete, exclusive, inerrant word of god.

Whether you or I or anyone else believes that the bible is these things is NOT evidence and trying to pretend that it is does help the message of salvation because people aren’t stupid!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 08:12
    @kellyjay said
    You have no baseline
    Yes I do, I have faith in Jesus Christ personally as being the revealed face of God, and in his ability to save to the upmost. I do not put my entire faith in a book written thousands of years ago by dozens of people across more thousands of years and which contains accounts of behaviours, attitudes and beliefs which are abhorrent, amoral and nonsensical.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 08:13
    @kellyjay said
    When I tell you that the scriptures are the Word of God, you balk since you don’t have faith in the Word.
    No I don’t, I believe that bible contains the words of god. The word is Jesus in the flesh NOT text in print!
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 13:17
    @divegeester said
    This is not about me, this about the fact there is NO evidence to support that the bible is the complete, exclusive, inerrant word of god.

Whether you or I or anyone else believes that the bible is these things is NOT evidence and trying to pretend that it is does help the message of salvation because people aren’t stupid!
    You don't accept evidence, it isn't that you have not seen it, you simply choose to
    ignore it. So you put the Bible in with all other so-called sacred texts, pick and
    choose those parts you like, and ignore those you don't, because of your feelings,
    not the text that is most important to you.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 13:18
    @divegeester said
    No I don’t, I believe that bible contains the words of god. The word is Jesus in the flesh NOT text in print!
    Well, you confirmed what I have been saying here, sadly.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 13:19
    @divegeester said
    Yes I do, I have faith in Jesus Christ personally as being the revealed face of God, and in his ability to save to the upmost. I do not put my entire faith in a book written thousands of years ago by dozens of people across more thousands of years and which contains accounts of behaviours, attitudes and beliefs which are abhorrent, amoral and nonsensical.
    The Jesus of your imagination, not the one from the text that tells us about Him,
    before He was born, while here was here, and after He rose from the dead.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 15:53
    @kellyjay said
    You don't accept evidence, it isn't that you have not seen it, you simply choose to
    ignore it.
    You have put presented any “evidence” just your personal opinion.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 15:53
    @kellyjay said
    Well, you confirmed what I have been saying here, sadly.
    I don’t see how.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 15:54
    @kellyjay said
    The Jesus of your imagination, not the one from the text that tells us about Him,
    before He was born, while here was here, and after He rose from the dead.
    Yes, the one the text tell us about him.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 15:55
    @divegeester said
    I have rejected “the story about Christ” you are lying.
    This 👆🏼

You are lying about me KellyJay.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree