1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 02:05
    @kellyjay said
    While you call me names that have to
    do with me as a person, how are right-wing zealots defined, by what actions are
    those people known for, why did you categorize me as one of them?
    how are right-wing zealots defined

One example may well be your recent tacit support for Ron DeSantis' treatment of those legal asylum seekers [from Venezuela] as subhumans. That's certainly within the realm of "right-wing zealots". It seems to be the kind of right-wing zealotry that completely suffocates any semblance of "Christian values"; that would be the "zealotry" element, possibly - in your mind - sanctified by your insistence that you are "right with Jesus".
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 06:042 edits
    @kellyjay said
    What names have I called you dive, I've talked about the things you are doing, the
    sides you have taken, how they have lined up with the worldviews of Athiest and
    Anti-Christs, how you don't acknowledge that the Bible is from God, that you
    ignore scripture you don't like, and so on. While you call me names that have to
    do with me as a person, how are right-wing zealots d ...[text shortened]... treat many here with that type of
    contempt, its a defining trait of yours across many boards here.
    I didn’t say “name calling” I said

“I guess in your mind (your low opinion of my Christian perspectives) excuses you of calling me all manner of the nastiest things one Christian can say to another”…

All of which are far worse than me calling you a right wing Christian zealot, which you demonstrably are. You’re right wing politically, and you are indeed a zealot for the right wing American style evangelical Christian attitudes and beliefs you hold. Which by the way you are a very poor defender of.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 09:02
    @divegeester said
    I didn’t say “name calling” I said

“I guess in your mind (your low opinion of my Christian perspectives) excuses you of calling me all manner of the nastiest things one Christian can say to another”…

All of which are far worse than me calling you a right wing Christian zealot, which you demonstrably are. You’re right wing politically, and you are indeed a zealot fo ...[text shortened]... ngelical Christian attitudes and beliefs you hold. Which by the way you are a very poor defender of.
    By telling you that your views as you profess them here have more in common with
    Atheist and Anti-Christs is not calling you names, but you claiming I'm a right-wing
    Christian zealot, throwing in I'm an American evangelical Christian, name-calling is!
    So you feel justified, well, I'm sure the Atheist and Anti-Christs here are cheering
    you on.

I would say this is what you have been reduced to; however, it is your normal
    mode of communication, so you've not been reduced to it, it is who you are and
    what you do. May I ask if this is how to model what every Christian should be
    doing while they share their Christian faith?

Biblically we are called to walk by faith, we are called to love God and each other
    and when we align ourselves with those that deny and reject the Lord, do you
    think that is what we are doing? We commanded not to add to or take away from
    the Word of God, you think you are obeying that by only accepting the bits and
    pieces of you like, and disregarding the rest?

Is the Lord in your life, or merely a figment of your imagination as He was in
    others' lives here who once claimed He was real and now deny Him? Salvation is
    a divine act of God, not a mental exercise, did that happen to you, are you a
    Christian in name only? Are you ashamed to answer that question, bottom line it
    is the only question that matters!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 09:19
    @kellyjay said
    you claiming I'm a right-wingChristian zealot
    But anyone who has read your posts, here, and even more especially on the Debates Forum, these last 10 or 15 years can see you not even attempting to disguise the fact you are a right-wing zealot.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 09:20
    @kellyjay said
    Biblically we are called to walk by faith
    And? Do you?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 09:22
    @kellyjay said
    We commanded not to add to or take away from
    the Word of God, you think you are obeying that by only accepting the bits and
    pieces of you like, and disregarding the rest?
    "Commanded" by whom?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 09:59
    @kellyjay said
    If good is done blessings follow if evil is done curses follow God doesn’t bless evil.
    You have talked repeatedly about how "evil" you are. What "curses" follow the "evil" that you do?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 10:36
    @kellyjay said
    By telling you that your views as you profess them here have more in common with
    Atheist and Anti-Christs is not calling you names
    I know. Did you even read my previous post where I corrected you?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 10:41
    @kellyjay said
    Atheist and Anti-Christs is not calling you names, but you claiming I'm a right-wing
    Christian zealot, throwing in I'm an American evangelical Christian, name-calling is!
    So you feel justified, well, I'm sure the Atheist and Anti-Christs here are cheering
    you on.

I would say this is what ...[text shortened]... me only? Are you ashamed to answer that question, bottom line it
    is the only question that matters!
    I thought you would have realised by now that I’m not interested in the slightest in your pontifications about how “evil” we all are, how you feel you “walk your faith” or how you feel that you “have Jesus within” you because you think certain things about yourself.

To me you are a typical American fundamentalist right-wing Christian zealot who holds extremist views on the enactment of eternal torture by your version of Jesus upon whoever fails to align with personal opinion about ancient Hebrew texts.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 10:411 edit
    @divegeester said
    I know. Did you even read my previous post where I corrected you?
    I've been reading your posts, have you had a change of heart? Do you now believe
    that the Bible comes from God? Do you now believe Jesus is God, always was, is,
    and will be? Do you now accept that being God, everything from Heaven, Earth,
    and Hell are in the dominion of God? Are you now more concerned with using the
    scripture to order your life to, or are you still changing scripture to suit you? Do you
    accept that God calls the world condemned already?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 10:45
    @divegeester said
    I thought you would have realised by now that I’m not interested in the slightest in your pontifications about how “evil” we all are, how you feel you “walk your faith” or how you feel that you “have Jesus within” you because you think certain things about yourself.

To me you are a typical American fundamentalist right-wing Christian zealot who holds extremist views on ...[text shortened]... your version of Jesus upon whoever fails to align with personal opinion about ancient Hebrew texts.
    As I said, you reject what the Bible says and in its place insert your imagination not
    based upon scripture, but your feelings.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 10:471 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I've been reading your posts, have you had a change of heart? Do you now believe
    that the Bible comes from God? Do you now believe Jesus is God, always was, is,
    and will be? Do you now accept that being God, everything from Heaven, Earth,
    and Hell are in the dominion of God? Are you now more concerned with using the
    scripture to order your life to, or are you still changing scripture to suit you? Do you
    accept that God calls the world condemned already?
    Since becoming a Christian I’ve always believed the following:

- The bible contains the word of God and is a guide for life.
    - I don’t change the bible, it is what is I just disagree with your personal interpretation of some of it.
    - Jesus is God in the flesh
    - God is sovereign; responsible for and accountable for everything.

I think you just want to believe, need to believe that I’m all the things you wrote about me for the same reason you refuse to accept the FMF used to be a Christian.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 10:49
    @kellyjay said
    As I said, you reject what the Bible says and in its place insert your imagination not
    based upon scripture, but your feelings.
    No kellyjay I don’t.

What I reject is your personal opinion on a certain interpretation of parts of it.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 10:51
    @divegeester said
    No kellyjay I don’t.

What I reject is your personal opinion on a certain interpretation of parts of it.
    I don't care what you think of my interpretations of any of it, the Word speaks for
    itself and you disagree with it.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 10:54
    @divegeester said
    Since becoming a Christian I’ve always believed the following:

- The bible contains the word of God and is a guide for life.
    - I don’t change the bible, it is what is I just disagree with your personal interpretation of some of it.
    - Jesus is God in the flesh
    - God is sovereign; responsible for and accountable for everything.

I think you just want to believe, ne ...[text shortened]... e things you wrote about me for the same reason you refuse to accept the FMF used to be a Christian.
    The Bible only contains the Word of God, which is quite different than it is the Word
    of God. So you pick and choose, which is what I have been telling you! My personal
    opinion isn't a priority, what the scriptures clearly say is. So Jesus is God and in
    charge of Hell, you admit that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree