1. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 11:48
    @galveston75 said
    Oh so only the leaders of whatever church even slightly might (accidentally) teach about Jehovah, are the only ones that have to take this teaching seriously? Really?
    So just the regular everyday so called Christian just has to lay back and let these few do this teaching of Jehovah to 8 billion people?
    Do you personally teach anyone about Jehovah? Or is it just too much trouble for you or you just don't believe it's a big deal?
    Answer the question.

When Jesus preached to the multitudes what did he preach with regard to
    - going door to door and preaching
    - calling the name of God

If you have problems deciding what to do or not to do as a Christian please read Matt 5, 6 and 7.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 17:251 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Answer the question.

When Jesus preached to the multitudes what did he preach with regard to
    - going door to door and preaching
    - calling the name of God

If you have problems deciding what to do or not to do as a Christian please read Matt 5, 6 and 7.
    He obviously taught many things. But it would seem by what he taught and commanded the apostles and then later the 70 that also took up this work, that it would apply to all that were taught the truths Jesus brought to light? I would think that all would be excited and grasp the need to go tell all that they could in every city and every country.
    But if ones did not feel the need to help their fellow man to learn what Jehovah expects of us all ( like yourself ) and if nothing else, at least to introduce Jehovah to the whole planet which is what the JW's have been doing for decades, then ( ones like yourself ) just go do your own thing and not get involved in the teaching work. How incredibly selfish, don't ya think????
    I'll try this again, so try to grasp this: Romans 10:14 "However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out?"

So in your mind that command was basically for about 80 or so people back then? No one else should be involved ( ones like yourself ) Right? Whatever. As long as your happy and comfortable.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 17:43
    @divegeester said
    I just want to be clear from you, a long time Jehovah’s Witness, as to wether or not I need to join your church as a prerequisite for access to the resurrected life?

If you say that I don’t, then fine, I will retract my accusation of your church being a cult and seek Jehovah on my own.

If you say that I do...well...
    I'm not one to judge you or to say that one has to be a JW. Only Jehovah is, so how you live your life whether a JW or not is between you and Jehovah. Being a JW guaranties nothing because only Jehovah reads hearts. If being a JW meant you were automatically in then that would not be fair to other humans on the earth that may have ever heard of us or Jehovah because of their location or in an oppressive government.
    And you're still not grasping that all the dead will be resurrected after Armageddon no matter your previous religion or faith or the lack of....
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 17:50
    @galveston75 said
    I'm not one to judge you or to say that one has to be a JW.
    But your organization's magazine has stated that only JWs will survive the 'great tribulation' as you well know after that thread while back where I produced the quote, the year, the issue and page number. Are you out of step with The Watchtower?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 18:26
    @fmf said
    But your organization's magazine has stated that only JWs will survive the 'great tribulation' as you well know after that thread while back where I produced the quote, the year, the issue and page number. Are you out of step with The Watchtower?
    No I'm not out of step. I've been asked what my opinion is for me saying whether only JW's will survive. That is not for me to say is it? That is what you guys are not understanding.
    Now for the society to say that, then yes that is what they are saying. I'm not one with their insight and I'm not there to say what Jehovah is saying to them.
    I understand from ones who are not JW's to fight against that being a possibility. But there have been many times in the past that he has communicated with man, and in all of those cases all of the rest of mankind were not in tune with Jehovah. Jehovah's people have basically always been a small number compared to the rest of the world
    So again I ask who are you or Divi or any other human to say that it is impossible for it to be happening now? You don't have that ability to say one way or the other. Just because all of you here disagree, that means nothing to Jehovah. He said that he would have a people for his name and here we are. We use his name and teach all that will listen earth wide about him and his name and your approval is not needed.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 18:37
    @galveston75

Genuine question. When a Jehovah's witness records their witnessing on their timesheets, is this simply a clerical task, or is the Witness in someway validating their works as proof of faith? Or if you prefer sir, is the evangelical work partly for the benefit of the evangelical themselves?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 18:39
    @fmf said
    I don’t get it: do I need to join the JWs or not?

I feel that asking you will give more insight as you seem to know more about JW rules than Galveston75 does!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 18:42
    @galveston75 said
    No I'm not out of step. I've been asked what my opinion is for me saying whether only JW's will survive. That is not for me to say is it? That is what you guys are not understanding.
    Now for the society to say that, then yes that is what they are saying. I'm not one with their insight and I'm not there to say what Jehovah is saying to them.
    I understand from ones wh ...[text shortened]... me and teach all that will listen earth wide about him and his name and your approval is not needed.
    I’m sorry Galveston75 but this is a lot of words which just swirl around the topic.

The Watchtower apparently teaches that only member JWs will be resurrected and you are saying it is not only JW members.

Which is correct?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 19:35
    @galveston75 said
    He obviously taught many things. But it would seem by what he taught and commanded the apostles and then later the 70 that also took up this work, that it would apply to all that were taught the truths Jesus brought to light? I would think that all would be excited and grasp the need to go tell all that they could in every city and every country.
    But if ones did not fe ...[text shortened]... se should be involved ( ones like yourself ) Right? Whatever. As long as your happy and comfortable.
    See? Cult doctrines have you arguing with the doctrines of Christ. You do not even know what Jesus preached. How can you and the JWs preach the truth as Jesus preached?

Your door to door preaching is the work of Satan and not of Christ
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 20:101 edit
    @divegeester said
    I’m sorry Galveston75 but this is a lot of words which just swirl around the topic.

The Watchtower apparently teaches that only member JWs will be resurrected and you are saying it is not only JW members.

Which is correct?
    No, no, no. Pay attention.
    Surviving thru Armageddon and not dying is not the same as ones who are being resurrected that have died now for over 6K years.
    If you are killed at Armageddon, you will never be resurrected. You are dying at Jehovah's hands at Armageddon and that's it. No life ever again.
    If you die before Armageddon by what ever means, from Abel to the day before Armageddon, you will be resurrected sometime after Armageddon when the resurrection starts.
    So to survive Armageddon, you better be right with Jehovah. Your bible says very few in comparison to the rest of mankind will survive it.
    But if you died sometime before Armageddon starts, you will be resurrected no matter what your religious belief was. After the thousand years are up and Satan is let loose for a short time, everyone will have to be in Jehovah's favor to continue living and not influenced to do bad by Satan. If you have been you will soon be destroyed along with Satan by Jehovah forever.....

Does this help?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 20:11
    @rajk999 said
    See? Cult doctrines have you arguing with the doctrines of Christ. You do not even know what Jesus preached. How can you and the JWs preach the truth as Jesus preached?

Your door to door preaching is the work of Satan and not of Christ
    Wow. Whatever dude. Just stay home and watch TV.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 21:44
    @galveston75 said
    Wow. Whatever dude. Just stay home and watch TV.
    The core teachings of Christ is not taught by your church. All of the law law is fulfilled in one thing, brotherly or charitable love. This is what Jesus took great pains to teach people [ See Matt 5, 6 and 7]. This ONE thing is what Jesus will use to judge people on and to decide if they are worthy of the Kingdom of God [ See Matt 25].

Jesus told people NOTHING about calling Gods correct name neither were people instructed to go house to house preaching.

They only Christians who fight against this doctrine of Christ are the ones whose heart is hardened to the plight of those less fortunate, like the priest and Levite.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 21:50
    @galveston75 said

So to survive Armageddon, you better be right with Jehovah.
    Here are the people who JESUS SAYS are right with Jehovah

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
    Come, ye blessed of my Father,
    inherit the kingdom prepared for you
    from the foundation of the world:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Naked, and ye clothed me:
    I was sick, and ye visited me:
    I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    (Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)

The people who the JWS say are right with Jehovah are:
    - people who call God's correct name.
    - people who go door to door.

Your doctrine is absolute nonsense and the work of Satan
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 22:00
    @rajk999 said
    The core teachings of Christ is not taught by your church. All of the law law is fulfilled in one thing, brotherly or charitable love. This is what Jesus took great pains to teach people [ See Matt 5, 6 and 7]. This ONE thing is what Jesus will use to judge people on and to decide if they are worthy of the Kingdom of God [ See Matt 25].

Jesus told people NOTHING about call ...[text shortened]... the ones whose heart is hardened to the plight of those less fortunate, like the priest and Levite.
    Whatever ..... As I said you just stay home and do whatever it is that you do. Enjoy it while it last. But when this system is ending before your very eyes and Armageddon starts up, you'll remember all of this we've discussed and I'll bet you wished you hadn't been sitting at home doing nothing to warn others who you see being killed right outside your front door and wondering if you'll be next.
    I'm not saying Jehovah may not have mercy on you, maybe not me either, but what if he doesn't accept your reasons for not doing as his son Jesus asked, no, commanded you to do?
    We'll see huh?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 22:52
    @galveston75 said
    No, no, no. Pay attention.
    Surviving thru Armageddon and not dying is not the same as ones who are being resurrected that have died now for over 6K years.
    If you are killed at Armageddon, you will never be resurrected. You are dying at Jehovah's hands at Armageddon and that's it. No life ever again.
    If you die before Armageddon by what ever means, from Abel to the d ...[text shortened]... you have been you will soon be destroyed along with Satan by Jehovah forever.....

Does this help?
    Not at all, you are just spouting stuff which doesn’t address the question...

The Watchtower says only JWs get resurrected and you say other people can.

Which is correct?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree