Cult I was born into finally exposed.

Cult I was born into finally exposed.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Oct 20
1 edit

@fmf said
Oh well. You post what you post. And you are what you are. We had a long conversation here on this forum about what happened on the night the sexual violence occurred. Do you think your treatment at the hands of the cult has had a detrimental effect on your integrity that persists to this day?
We never discussed the night it happened maybe you are confusing my story with someone else’s. My parents only found out years after it happened. That is a fact and I would not lie about it. Go back and check for yourself. Stop putting words into my mouth.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
I am not making my own "assumptions". I am calling it a "new story" precisely because I DID read what you actually said in the past.
You are either lying or your memory has failed you go back and read what I posted.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
We never discussed the night it happened maybe you are confusing my story with someone else’s. My parents only found out years after it happened.
We discussed the night it happened, or at least what you had been told about it, in detail. The "my parents only found out years after it happened" is a newer, different version of the story, presumably after you realized the moral dimensions of parents not removing a child from the risk of sexual violence and not warning others that their children or sisters or wives might be in danger. You seemed blindsided by these moral imperatives at the time: as if you had hardly given the idea that someone had been raped a moment's adult thought before making the claim that it had happened. No wonder your story changed.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
We discussed the night it happened, or at least what you had been told about it, in detail. The "my parents only found out years after it happened" is a newer, different version of the story, presumably after you realized the moral dimensions of parents not removing a child from the risk of sexual violence and not warning others that their children or sisters or wives might be i ...[text shortened]... a moment's adult thought before making the claim that it had happened. No wonder your story changed.
My story hasn't changed. I didn't share the timeframes the first time I told the story and that is why your head is in a spin.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20
1 edit

@dj2becker said
My story hasn't changed. I didn't share the timeframes the first time I told the story and that is why your head is in a spin.
The reason why you have changed your story is not a mystery.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
The reason why you have changed your story is not a mystery.
The reason why you fallaciously claim I’ve changed my story isn’t a mystery either.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
The reason why you fallaciously claim I’ve changed my story isn’t a mystery either.
The reason you have had to change your story is that you seemed blindsided by the moral imperatives [concerning protecting a child and warning others] at the time we discussed the night of the incident.

What reason would I have to make "fallacious claims" about the moral imperatives arising from the tragic story you told?

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
The reason you have had to change your story is that you seemed blindsided by the moral imperatives [concerning protecting a child and warning others] at the time we discussed the night of the incident.

What reason would I have to make "fallacious claims" about the moral imperatives arising from the tragic story you told?
Go back and read what I said or quote my exact words. My story hasn’t changed, go ahead and keep on trolling away.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Go back and read what I said or quote my exact words. My story hasn’t changed, go ahead and keep on trolling away.
If anything you have ever said about your parents and about your sister and about the cult has been true, and hasn't just been a whole load of malleable, disinhibited, winging-it hokum, tailor-made for cyberspace, then they have my sympathy.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
If anything you have ever said about your parents and about your sister and about the cult has been true, and hasn't just been a whole load of malleable, disinhibited, winging-it hokum, tailor-made for cyberspace, then they have my sympathy.
You are free to label everything I’ve said as malleable, disinhibited, winging-it hokum, tailor-made for cyberspace. Your sarcasm is noted.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
You are free to label everything I’ve said as malleable, disinhibited, winging-it hokum, tailor-made for cyberspace. Your sarcasm is noted.
No sarcasm was intended. If someone you knew was in fact raped and your parents were rendered, in fact, "unfit to parent", as petewxyz put it, by the trauma caused by life in the cult, then they have my sympathy. I say that in earnest and without sarcasm.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
No sarcasm was intended. If someone you knew was in fact raped and your parents were rendered, in fact, "unfit to parent", as petewxyz put it, by the trauma caused by life in the cult, then they have my sympathy. I say that in earnest and without sarcasm.
Thank you. Why the sudden change?

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Thank you. Why the sudden change?
What change?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
We are discussing "ex-members" here. Not "members".

We are not discussing the "plight" of people STILL in the cult or what the leaders can do with "layer upon layer of subterfuge to isolate its members". And nor is anyone "diminishing" all that. Try to keep up.

This discussion you've stumbled into, determined to be contrary, but unwilling to read what's been said carefully ...[text shortened]... ex-members as having a moral obligation to do something about the cult they escaped from, yes or no?
Dice and slice.
Obviously you feel you have the moral obligation to pick apart victims of abuse.

The matter is under investigation. Witnesses, victims and others are being questioned. What more do you want?

Worry about your own moral obligations.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
If?