Cult I was born into finally exposed.

Cult I was born into finally exposed.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
What change?
Obviously not the change that accompanies spiritual birth.

🕊

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@secondson said
Dice and slice.
Obviously you feel you have the moral obligation to pick apart victims of abuse.

The matter is under investigation. Witnesses, victims and others are being questioned. What more do you want?

Worry about your own moral obligations.
The issue is what moral obligations do those who escape the abuse have to expose the abuse that is still going on. It's not "dice and slice" in any way at all.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
The issue is what moral obligations do those who escape the abuse have to expose the abuse that is still going on. It's not "dice and slice" in any way at all.
You should consider your own moral obligation to learn to understand the effects of systematic and prolonged abuse, especially with regards to a religious cult.

But I'm sure you already know all about it.

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@secondson said
You should consider your own moral obligation to learn to understand the effects of systematic and prolonged abuse, especially with regards to a religious cult.

But I'm sure you already know all about it.
Yes. I know plenty about it already. "The effects of systematic and prolonged abuse" make it all the more crucial that there is discussion of the moral implications and obligations. Those effects do not preclude such discussion. Hardship and adversity do not make moral clarity obselete.

If you think dj2becker's demeanor and, for all intents and purposes, his refusal to scrutinize the moral dimensions of some of the assertions he has made, and his behaviour surrounding what he claims are revelations of "facts" and "events", are caused by "the effects of systematic and prolonged abuse", then just come out and say so.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Oct 20

@fmf said
Yes. I know plenty about it already.
As a perpetrator, or as a victim of abuse?

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@secondson said
As a perpetrator, or as a victim of abuse?
As someone who has done a fair bit of work in the field of helping victims who are victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, and sex trafficking.

Moves
06 Oct 20
2 edits

@fmf said
As someone who has done a fair bit of work in the field of helping victims who are victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, and sex trafficking.
In your experience did you find that blaming them for not warning other people about a rapist that threatened to kill them if they talked, helped towards their recovery?

And also did you find blaming the families of the victim for not running to the police the second they found out about the rape (even if it way years after the rape had occurred) helped the families cope with the devastation of having a loved one raped?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Oct 20

@fmf said
"The effects of systematic and prolonged abuse" make it all the more crucial that there is discussion of the moral implications and obligations. Those effects do not preclude such discussion. Hardship and adversity do not make moral clarity obselete.
Who's "moral implications and obligations"? The victims?

How about yours? You appear to bring plenty of critical moral judgments against dj2becker for not acquiescing to your prolonged verbal abuse and not replying to your inquisitionalistic like badgering questions.

Why do you think stating the obvious justifies your means?

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
In your experience did you find that blaming them for not warning other people about a rapist that threatened to kill them if they talked, helped towards their recovery?
I was involved with people helping those who had escaped abuse and who were pursuing convictions and ways of rescuing those left behind or helping other victims to get away or rehabilitate. I was impressed by their sense of moral obligation.

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
And also did you find blaming the families of the victim for not running to the police the second they found out about the rape (even if it way years after the rape had occurred) helped the families cope with the devastation of having a loved one raped?
The way you described your parents before, prior to changing the story, portrayed them as morally unfit to be parents. Perhaps, as moral agents, they could plead diminished responsibility because of mental impairment that resulted in them being de facto complicit in the abuse. Ask petewxyz for more about that.

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@secondson said
Who's "moral implications and obligations"? The victims?
The moral obligations of ex-members.

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@secondson said
Why do you think stating the obvious justifies your means?
My "means" are fine.

Who thinks I am "stating the obvious"?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Oct 20

@fmf said
If you think dj2becker's demeanor and, for all intents and purposes, his refusal to scrutinize the moral dimensions of some of the assertions he has made, and his behaviour surrounding what he claims are revelations of "facts" and "events", are caused by "the effects of systematic and prolonged abuse", then just come out and say so.
What a peculiar thing to say!

What you don't seem to grasp is that dj2becker refuses to be scrutinized by you. It's not about the question of "moral dimensions", but about your highbrow superior intellectual demeanor that you constantly plaster all over these threads with your judgmental, crass and snidey remarks.

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@secondson said
What you don't seem to grasp is that dj2becker refuses to be scrutinized by you. It's not about the question of "moral dimensions", but about your highbrow superior intellectual demeanor that you constantly plaster all over these threads with your judgmental, crass and snidey remarks.
His behaviour is part of the discourse.

Moves
06 Oct 20

@fmf said
The way you described your parents before, prior to changing the story, portrayed them as morally unfit to be parents. Perhaps, as moral agents, they could plead diminished responsibility because of mental impairment that resulted in them being de facto complicit in the abuse. Ask petewxyz for more about that.
Interesting how you have side stepped the question with the elegance of a ballerina.