1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '18 00:56
    @secondson said
    Inflammatory, accusatory, character assassinating, ad hominem, siege mentality and insulting. You used "religionists" like a bludgeon.
    I think "religionist" is the right word. I also think the opinion that the beliefs of Edward Palamar and the other people listed are "far-fetched and superstitious" is simply a dissenting perspective. If you claim to feel inflamed, accused, assassinated and insulted, then that is a matter for you. I think my candid analysis is legitimate.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '18 01:43
    @suzianne said
    I posted this way back on page 4:

Originally posted by @edward-palamar
    [b]It isn't my prediction, but had you read the material at hand you would have known that.

This topic isn't about you and what you think of it.

You can't hasten nor quicken its coming, neither can you slow it down, nor stop it.

Thankfully, your days of insulting pe ...[text shortened]... uess was wrong.

Glad you finally caught up to the rest of the class.
    I’m flattered that you feel I’m a subject worthy of being proven to be less than yourself.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '18 01:44
    @secondson said
    You've just invented a new swear word. "Religionists".
    The word has been used in this forum for years Joseph.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    28 Dec '18 11:461 edit
    @fmf said
    I think "religionist" is the right word. I also think the opinion that the beliefs of Edward Palamar and the other people listed are "far-fetched and superstitious" is simply a dissenting perspective. If you claim to feel inflamed, accused, assassinated and insulted, then that is a matter for you. I think my candid analysis is legitimate.
    "I think "religionist" is the right word."

I agree.

Some of those you've listed would probably have no similar issue with the word "abortionist".

Although I suspect that their preference is to gore someone else's ox.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '18 12:25
    When does all this Davidesque apocalypse start then, tonight? Tomorrow?

Hands up if you are still here....
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '18 12:28
    @edward-palamar said
    The countdown is nearing completion.
    But of that day you reference of Him not knowing, it has already come.
    Yes, yes...

Are you coming back to this forum Edward?

I think not somehow.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '18 07:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '18 07:11
    Jeremiah 23:16
    This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '18 23:47
    Well Edward Palamar was still playing chess 11 hours ago so presumably he is still with us.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '18 09:07
    @divegeester said
    Well Edward Palamar was still playing chess 11 hours ago so presumably he is still with us.
    Well, as today is the last day of our mortal existence (okay, Ed has been a little non-committal on that) I decided to have an extra piece of toast this morning and have delayed paying the gas bill.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '18 09:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Well, as today is the last day of our mortal existence (okay, Ed has been a little non-committal on that) I decided to have an extra piece of toast this morning and have delayed paying the gas bill.
    I’ve decided to go full last day before apocalypse and I’m having champagne, ice cream and bacon-burgers in bed while streaming Tom & Jerry.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '18 16:36
    @divegeester said
    I’ve decided to go full last day before apocalypse and I’m having champagne, ice cream and bacon-burgers in bed while streaming Tom & Jerry.
    A splendid way to go out.

Note for Ed. Have you abandoned your countdown?!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '18 20:51
    Edward?
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Dec '18 22:30
    @divegeester said
    Edward?
    Persistent. I'll give you that.

Palamar is gone, never to return. My prediction.

The world isn't coming to an end, at least not the way or when Palamar envisions it.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 01:48
    @divegeester said
    I applaud this. Five good choices there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree