1. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 16:04
    @sonship said
    @medullah

So if I'm right Son what you are driving at is that on one hand we have a group of people that perish, yet on the other at 5:29 we have possibly a contradiction as there are those that are sinners that have been resurrected to judgement? Have I got it?

Let me take this a chunk at a time to see if I can communicate clearly.
    [quote]So if I'm r ...[text shortened]... d John 5:28,29 shedding SOME light on what "perish" could entail in John 3:16 ?
    This is a convoluted mess of misinterpretation and false doctrines. What problem do you have with accepting doctrines the way Jesus preached them? Why do you see the need to argue against Christ. I find this practice weird.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 16:091 edit
    Liljo, Did I miss any further thoughts you had on the Daniel 7 passage?
    Are you still here?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 16:37
    @Rajk999

Honouring with the mouth is condemned. Jesus wants honouring him with your heart.

Was it with your mouth or your heart you were honoring Jesus when you called a seeking person "moronic half-breed" ?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 16:39
    Liljo, Aside from the Daniel 7 passage on what looks like the lake of fire, there are a couple of other passages outside of Revelation which I would like to know your thoughts on.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 17:02
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Honouring with the mouth is condemned. Jesus wants honouring him with your heart.

Was it with your mouth or your heart you were honoring Jesus when you called a seeking person "moronic half-breed" ?
    Is that the reason why you disobey Christ ?
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 17:041 edit
    Son - this is not meant as apersonal attack so please don't take it that way; but sometimes I find your posts a little hard to fathom as they have so much material in them.

I'm sure that it's well meaning but sometimes it's difficult to work out the wood from the trees.
  7. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 17:06
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

I'll do my best but keep it concise
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 17:23
    @medullah said
    Son - this is not meant as apersonal attack so please don't take it that way; but sometimes I find your posts a little hard to fathom as they have so much material in them.

I'm sure that it's well meaning but sometimes it's difficult to work out the wood from the trees.
    Lol .. convoluted mess is what it is 😀
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 17:261 edit
    @medullah said
    Only a clearly stated doctrine from Christ can be concise.

A false doctrine is developed by taking little pieces of statements from all over the bible and trying to twist and manipulate each one to fit. Its like a badly made jigsaw puzzle and it is a totally mess. It cannot be concise.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 17:281 edit
    @sonship said
    Liljo, Aside from the Daniel 7 passage on what looks like the lake of fire, there are a couple of other passages outside of Revelation which I would like to know your thoughts on.
    Give the man a break, and stop calling him out. People are busy and many cannot stomach the convoluted mess of false doctrines you promote. Go play some chess if you have nothing to do.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 18:18
    @medullah said
    Take your time.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 18:25
    @medullah

I think asking questions about exactly what it is that you can't get, helps me.

In this thread I have been in less of a combative mood than many others.
    I started out admitting that my interpretations of the NT are not infallible.

You read John 3 and you read John 5 I assume.
    I am drawing parallels between the two chapters.
    I use the Bible to interpret itself.

The issue here is a way to go about reading so as to ascertain what Jesus could have meant by "perish" in chapter 3. I am going about proposing a way to understand step at a time.

If a misstep is detected, fine, point it out.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 18:391 edit
    @medullah

Let me give you perhaps a simpler question.

Now the issue is, "What way could I determine what perish means in John 3:16 without bringing a traditional assumption to that verse?"

Shall not perish but have eternal life?
    What could "perish" mean if it is not explicitly told me?
    All I know is that it is not to have eternal life.

Now latter in the same chapter John the Baptist says concerning some that the wrath of God abides on them.

"He who believes into the Son has eternal life; but he who disobeys the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides upon him." (John 3:36)

Could I say that "perish" in 3:16 must also mean "the wrath of God" abiding on someone in verse 36 ?
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 20:17
    @sonship

OK bite size pieces, why are you looking to interpret this outside of the traditional meaning. to what purpose?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 20:41
    @medullah said

I hope that this answers your question to your satisfaction, but if not let me know and I will clarify (within reason).
    Not really but thanks for being open.

I presumed you were a Christian in more than just name. I presumed you looked to and trusting in the finished work of Christ for your salvation. But you seem to not know if your saved or not; inferring that you don’t have confidence in the Finnish work of Christ.

What do you feel you have to do in order to be saved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree