Converting to Islam

Converting to Islam

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by black beetle
I know you are a Christian. But we have many Christians and all of them they claim that "...they belong to the Church of Christ".

For example we have Catholics, which are Christians allright, along with Simonians of Acts 8, Cerintheians, Judaizers, Circumcisers of Acts 15:1, Nicolaitans of Rev.2:6, The “Synagogue of Satan” of Rev.2:9, The “Throne of ...[text shortened]... a Methodist, for example, has different beliefs than an Orthodox or a Catholic.

Well?
😵
I can't be any more specific because I don't recognise 90% of the denominations on your list. Do a google search if you really are interested in Churches of Christ.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Sorry, friend, but it is not that I am blind to reason. On the contrary, it is you who have checked your reason at the church door, and armed yourself only with the catch-phrases and cliches learned in church.

I'd advise you to reflect on your beliefs on your own, and not just believe everything that other people tell you.

I used to be in your posi ...[text shortened]... Perhaps you will remain a Christian; I cannot say. But either way, you will be stronger for it.
Well, thank you for the advise...really. I used to be where you are at it seems. I cannot count the number of Bibles I've shredded and torched; cannot remember the number times that I've screamed at God and how much I hated Him. I used to attend church and scoff at religion. Over time, I could not resist the stirrings in my soul for something meaningful in life. You know what I'm talking about because you are human, and all humans have had these 'stirrings'. You see, we were created to commune with God; that is why we have those stirrings. Again, over time and experiencing emptyness and illness, I turned to God, and He did not let me down. I still get tested, and I still get angry, but I now know there are reasons why bad things happen. Just as a weed flourishes in the middle of an asphalt parking lot in summer drought, those that rely and call on God will flourish. I don't believe everything anybody tells me. I let God talk to my spirit, and I listen.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by dystoniac
I used to be where you are at it seems. I cannot count the number of Bibles I've shredded and torched; cannot remember the number times that I've screamed at God and how much I hated Him.
Very odd behavior indeed. If you think that is typical of SwissGambit currently I strongly suspect you are way off the mark.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Feb 09

I can't be any more specific because I don't recognise 90% of the denominations on your list. Do a google search if you really are interested in Churches of Christ.
If you cannot be more specific regarding this trivial matter, which is a tool of understanding and distinguishing every given religious doctrine related to the Christian religion, how do you know that the specific religious beliefs of yours are in accordance with the so called message of Jesus?

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Very odd behavior indeed. If you think that is typical of SwissGambit currently I strongly suspect you are way off the mark.
I was generalizing.....whew........

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

If you cannot be more specific regarding this trivial matter, which is a tool of understanding and distinguishing every given religious doctrine related to the Christian religion, how do you know that the specific religious beliefs of yours are in accordance with the so called message of Jesus?
Because I study from the New Testament. That is all I need to differentiate from the other sects of Christianity.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Feb 09

Because I study from the New Testament. That is all I need to differentiate from the other sects of Christianity.
And this New Testament of yours is the sole source of the so called "word of God"?

F

Moves
19 Feb 09

But a lot of your hatespeech on this web site has a real Old Testement ring to it. Why is that?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Feb 09

In addition, do you believe that the hermeneutics of the New Testament are the same for all the top religious personages of the different Christian denominations, who each one of them declares -as it happens with the "eyes only" yours- that solely his denomination is the one that is in accordance with the "real" "Churche of Christ" whilst every other is false?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
But a lot of your hatespeech on this web site has a real Old Testement ring to it. Why is that?
Maybe because the NT is based on OT😵

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Feb 09

In addition, do you believe that the hermeneutics of the New Testament are the same for all the top religious personages of the different Christian denominations, who each one of them declares -as it happens with the "eyes only" yours- that solely his denomination is the one that is in accordance with the "real" "Churche of Christ" whilst every other is false?
You said 'hermeneutics'. You're asking logical questions. I'd stop right there.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Care for some of them old time testemints?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
You said 'hermeneutics'. You're asking logical questions. I'd stop right there.
Retsina is the most brutal and uncultivated wine you may find😵

Cape Town

Moves
19 Feb 09
1 edit

I was generalizing.....whew........
My concern was that it seems some Christians assume that all atheists are not in fact atheists but rather theists who hate God (as per your description). You seemed to be saying that you were once a 'God hater' and that that is what SwissGambit is. I just thought that if you have made that mistake then it is worth correcting.

What is more, I find it strange that anyone would believe in God and hate him. I can only guess that it was due to some serious misunderstanding of Christianities teachings - which would imply that you did not infact believe in Christianities God but some other concept.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Feb 09

Not true. I had no answers that satisfied your hardened heart and anti-God conscience. Please soften up a bit before it is too late.
If you cannot demonstrate that your beliefs are sensible, then don't expect to persuade anyone else to follow them.