Converting to Islam

Converting to Islam

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am yet to find anyone who can explain to me why any sane individual would knowingly refuse such a gift. So surely we can all use the insanity defense? Or perhaps simply the defense from ignorance ie I am simply not aware that any such gift has been offered to me.
Yes, you have offered the gift of life. You have reached the age of atonement. Children, and others ignorant of Christ, will be allowed to choose, in time, whether to accept or reject Christ. You will not be part of this group as you know about Christ and have been warned, as I have.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by dystoniac
It will be an eternal death, rife with damnnation, wailing and gnashing of teeth, sorrow, darkness, separation from God for eternity, hellfire, one will see much suffering...read the Bible for a clearer description. My description is general. Remember, this is not my saying...it is from God, the creator of you and me.
Now we have...

bizarro-death n.
The state of being alive, at least on a conscious level, and yet under such torment that one wishes they could die.

And how is this not a threat?!

It is the ultimate threat - the worst thing that can possibly be conceived: eternal, grievous suffering. It masterfully plays on people's natural fear of the unknown - what might happen to them when they die. It's the slickest mind control trick around.

Moves
18 Feb 09

I cannot say, but according to the scriptures, if you do not believe in Jesus, no, you cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
According to you. According to your definition of scripture. According to your interpretation of said writings.

So you do say, even though you claim you do not, and do a poor job of it.

F

Moves
18 Feb 09

Islam, while espousing vituous tidings, is NOT the word of God. If it were the word of God, then the Bible would be a lie, but it is the TRUTH, therefore Islam cannot be true.
Good grief.

And if I don't accept your bizarre assertions then I am either insane, ignorant or evil?

d

Break-twitching

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by Badwater
According to you. According to your definition of scripture. According to your interpretation of said writings.

So you do say, even though you claim you do not, and do a poor job of it.
What are you babbling about? Maybe you should stick to fresh clean water? I simply repeated what the Bible states.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Good grief.

And if I don't accept your bizarre assertions then I am either insane, ignorant or evil?
None of the three; however, you are perceived to be unbending in your unwillingness to surrender to Christ. There is no such thing as 'good grief', only grief with sorrow for those unwilling to receive the gift of life from God.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Now we have...

[b]bizarro-death
n.
The state of being alive, at least on a conscious level, and yet under such torment that one wishes they could die.

And how is this not a threat?!

It is the ultimate threat - the worst thing that can possibly be conceived: eternal, grievous suffering. It masterfully plays on people's natural fear of the unknown - what might happen to them when they die. It's the slickest mind control trick around.[/b]
It is not a threat; it is a promise. There is no need for fear of the unknown if one accepts Jesus as their personal savior. The saved know that their last breath on earth preceeds the first breath in God's Heavenly Kingdom. To fear death is to not know God. No mind games here. Satan is the great 'mind-player' and liar and fear-monger.

F

Moves
18 Feb 09

There is no such thing as 'good grief'
Goodness gracious deary me, then.

those unwilling to receive the gift of life from God.

Are you seriously suggesting that 1,000,000,000 Muslims are not every bit as committed and grateful as you are in their devotion to God? Surely the prosaic difference in literature and tradition is meaningless when seen in the context of an Almighty God. and to make a fuss about it rather mocks and trivializes His awesomeness?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Feb 09

It is not a threat; it is a promise. There is no need for fear of the unknown if one accepts Jesus as their personal savior. The saved know that their last breath on earth preceeds the first breath in God's Heavenly Kingdom. To fear death is to not know God. No mind games here. Satan is the great 'mind-player' and liar and fear-monger.
I don't hear you in this reply; I hear the dogma that you've learned at church.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Goodness gracious deary me, then.

[b]those unwilling to receive the gift of life from God.

Are you seriously suggesting that 1,000,000,000 Muslims are not every bit as committed and grateful as you are in their devotion to God? Surely the prosaic difference in literature and tradition is meaningless when seen in t ...[text shortened]... xt of an Almighty God. and to make a fuss about it rather mocks and trivializes His awesomeness?[/b]
I never made any claim that a billion muslims are not committed to their religion, and I also am not naiive enough to know that most of those muslims faithfully follow the tenants, or 5 pillars, of Islam. They claim devotion to Allah. I am in no position to say that they are to be damn for not accepting Christ as their savior, and I have never stated so in any earlier posts that I am aware of (if so, please point it out). I don't know what will happen to the people. I hope that God, in His infinite wisdom, saves them somehow, and maybe God does have a plan for them, as well as Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and other faiths, that is not revealed to us for whatever reason. All I know is what the Bible clearly states: The ONLY way into the Kingdom of Heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ. That is my faith, as well as any true Christian. I know other religions believe differently; I can't help that.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I don't hear you in this reply; I hear the dogma that you've learned at church.
What?! Please clarify what you are talking about because you are about as clear as mud.

L

Moves
18 Feb 09

Uh...yeah, I'm afraid so. Remember, I am only a messenger. It is God who states that many will perish in the flames of Hell. You, who believes this to be a superstition, are in mortal danger of hellfire by mocking God. I urge you to read and learn....
It is God who states that many will perish in the flames of Hell.

I thought God was supposed to be the very embodiment of love and justice. But what you describe is just a powerful, jealous thug. How could it be loving and just to systematically structure the world such that people either lavish you with attention or these people suffer the worst fate possible? There's absolutely no good reason why the world should work like that: your God must have gone out of his way, so to speak, to fabricate such an artificial scenario. I have to conclude on the basis of his own projects and ends that the God you describe is a jealous, petty and malign creature. And your religion seems just incredibly pathetic by extension. For starters, you are compelled to worship God not because he is deserving of such worship; but rather because of the threats he imposes coupled with the power you think he has to successfully back these threats up.

I really feel sad for you. I hope you can grow out of this hateful, ugly religion that obviously holds you captive.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Feb 09

What?! Please clarify what you are talking about because you are about as clear as mud.
I should think it was clear enough.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]It is God who states that many will perish in the flames of Hell.

I thought God was supposed to be the very embodiment of love and justice. But what you describe is just a powerful, jealous thug. How could it be loving and just to systematically structure the world such that people either lavish you with attention or these people suffer the wo ...[text shortened]... you. I hope you can grow out of this hateful, ugly religion that obviously holds you captive.[/b]
You know NOTHING about my God! God is love! God also is Holy and cannot accept sin just as, hopefully, you cannot accept sleeping on a piss-flooded floor. You also know NOTHING about Christianity. Every thing in your post smacks of ignorance. Try reading the Bible. Don't feel sorry for me; feel sorrow for yourself for you shall surely reap what you soweth. Christianity does the opposite of what you claim by setting man free, for it is by choice that I, and millions of other Christians, worship God. You are captive to the lies inbred into your psyche by satan. You are the slave to this world; you are held captive to your finite logic and satan holds you in his grasp. I surely hope that you can find peace and freedom from the material world and the world governance ruled by the prince of darkness himself.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Feb 09

You know NOTHING about my God! God is love! God also is Holy and cannot accept sin just as, hopefully, you cannot accept sleeping on a piss-flooded floor. You also know NOTHING about Christianity. Every thing in your post smacks of ignorance. Try reading the Bible. Don't feel sorry for me; feel sorrow for yourself for you shall surely reap what you s ...[text shortened]... eedom from the material world and the world governance ruled by the prince of darkness himself.
bizarro-love n.
1. The state of caring about someone so much that you will ensure they are tormented and tortured for all time if they refuse to love you back.