Close friendship

Close friendship

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
So if any of the Christians you supposedly respect asked you the same questions I did you would answer them?
Maybe yes, maybe no. It depends on whether I find the topic or the question interesting or whether it concerns personal matters that I don't feel like discussing. I might direct them to a thread where I have already addressed the topic.

Moves
10 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Maybe yes, maybe no. It depends on whether I find the topic or the question interesting or whether it concerns personal matters that I don't feel like discussing. I might direct them to a thread where I have already addressed the topic.
So in the past you have answered questions on personal matters but currently you don't?

F

Moves
10 Sep 17

So in the past you have answered questions on personal matters but currently you don't?
Yes. Of course. I told you this before. Have you forgotten? It was shortly before you made that big apology for trolling me with personal questions after which you announced you were going to take some time off from the forum, although you didn't.

Moves
10 Sep 17

Yes. Of course. I told you this before. Have you forgotten? It was shortly before you made that big apology for trolling me with personal questions after which you announced you were going to take some time off from the forum, although you didn't.
Forgive me I just have trouble believing that it was perfectly fine for you to 'discuss personal matters in the past' but suddenly you are not comfortable doing it now.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Sep 17

Forgive me I just have trouble believing that it was perfectly fine for you to 'discuss personal matters in the past' but suddenly you are not comfortable doing it now.
Maybe he just doesn't want to discuss personal matters with you.

Moves
10 Sep 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
Maybe he just doesn't want to discuss personal matters with you.
He said if someone asks him stuff that is too personal he will refer them to previous threads, meaning he was perfectly fine doing it in the past but suddenly he can't.

F

Moves
10 Sep 17

He said if someone asks him stuff that is too personal he will refer them to previous threads, meaning he was perfectly fine doing it in the past but suddenly he can't.
You seem to have a strange sense of entitlement.

F

Moves
10 Sep 17
1 edit

I get to decide what I want to post and what I don’t want to post today, tomorrow, the day after. Not you.

If I say: I have talked about something before, I don't want to talk about it again at this juncture, nor at your behest - then that's just how it is.

Moves
10 Sep 17
1 edit

You seem to have a strange sense of entitlement.
Says the guy who was querulously whining about Sonship not reading his posts and about Kelly not responding to them. πŸ˜•

Moves
10 Sep 17
1 edit

I get to decide what I want to post and what I don’t want to post today, tomorrow, the day after. Not you.

If I say: I have talked about something before, I don't want to talk about it again at this juncture, nor at your behest - then that's just how it is.
You seemed somewhat annoyed by the fact that Kelly is ignoring you. I'm guessing your sense of entitlement is not strange?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Sep 17

As I said, I think it's just you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Sep 17
2 edits

I saw this in the paper today:

"As Aristotle noted, close, deep friendship is one of the pinnacles of human experience."

Is it true?

What other experiences out-pinnacle it?
Getting your first 30 not out after being promoted up the batting order πŸ™‚

Bout time I was sick of getting stuck on 1 not out

My best friend live 2000kms away and I rarely talk to him.
I have no friends in my area really. I know most but no one comes over for coffee.
I prolly come to rhp to compensate πŸ™ πŸ˜€

F

Moves
10 Sep 17

You seemed somewhat annoyed by the fact that Kelly is ignoring you. I'm guessing your sense of entitlement is not strange?
You have a point. I used to have some great conversations with KellyJay and he commended me for the respect I showed him. I still respect the way he goes about his ministry in many ways. He must think I am one of the most "evil" people he's ever met online because of my views on governments protecting children from fanatical parents. We'd never exchanged a cross word till then.

But yes, I do, in my irritation and disappointment, exhibit some sense of entitlement with him I suppose, and that's hypocritical of me in light of what I've said to you.

Do you suggest that, in order to be less hypocritical, I should treat you in the same way as KellyJay treats me?

F

Moves
10 Sep 17

Says the guy who was querulously whining about Sonship not reading his posts...
I was whining "querulously" about sonship calling FabianFnas a coward. Did you not understand that exchange?

Moves
11 Sep 17

I was whining "querulously" about sonship calling FabianFnas a coward. Did you not understand that exchange?
I understood that you were having a go at Sonship for not reading your posts. If are happy with the fact that he didn't read them please correct me.