1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 19:20
    @rajk999 said
    The commandments of Christ and the Law of Moses were two different things. Get your facts correct. Keeping the commandments Christ is the way to the Kingdom of God.

These start in Matt 5 and continues throughout the ministry of Jesus Christ.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. ...[text shortened]... ute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (Matthew 5:3-11 KJV)
    My facts are correct and (once again) you haven’t read what I said properly. The law was fulfilled on the death of Christ. The commandments of christ superseded the law. When Christ died it was to symbolise the cessation of the law covenant. We are no longer under the law but the spirit .

If you want to stop chucking insults and all the mud around I will engage with you - but seriously bro you have got to reign it in.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 20:171 edit
    @medullah said
    My facts are correct and (once again) you haven’t read what I said properly. The law was fulfilled on the death of Christ. The commandments of christ superseded the law. When Christ died it was to symbolise the cessation of the law covenant. We are no longer under the law but the spirit .

If you want to stop chucking insults and all the mud around I will engage with you - but seriously bro you have got to reign it in.
    Im not your bro. The Law of Moses was fulfilled on the death of Christ. I notice that you are not specifying WHAT LAW was fulfilled, and you are implying that no law is to be followed. This is a deceitful practice used by Christians to avoid following the commandments of Christ.

The question is, are the commandments of Christ, to be kept and followed? Jesus answered that question. The answer is YES. There is no eternal life unless these commandments are kept. The fact was repeated by all the Apostles.

So I will leave you argue against Christ.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 20:32
    @medullah said
    @Rajk999

You are wrong. Plain and simple. If only you knew the truth .......
    Christianity is in disarray because of jokers like you professing with your mouth to be Christian, but your heart has Satanic doctrines other that the teachings of Christ.

When Jesus returns will he find faith on Earth? NO. The Earth is full of your type, but the type that promotes the teachings of Christ are a rare breed.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 20:341 edit
    Medullah, watch this. Observe what happens when I ask Rajk999 this about this accusation.

I am attaching the man because he is proposing as he has done for over 12 years now that keeping the commandments of Christ is not necessary.

Rajk999, produce one quotation from any post I have written since I have written here that argued that obeying the commands of Christ was "not necessary".

Now Medullah, if Rajk999 only comes back with harsh name calling, I think you will get my point.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 20:464 edits
    The decline of the churches occurred in large part because servants of Christ dissented from the way Paul taught and began to teach different things from God's economy - God's dispensation of His Spirit into people by faith.

For example, two workers "Hymenaus and Alexander" became SO dissenting with co-operating with Paul that they did something to even blaspheme God.

It started with them teaching differently from Paul.

"Holding faith and a good conscience, concerning which some, thrusting these away, have become shipwrecked regarding the faith;

Of whom are Hymenaus and Alexander, whom I have delivered to Satan that they may be disciplined not to blaspheme." (1 Tim 1:19,20)

It appears that they did not follow their consciences. They neglected keeping a clear conscience before God. Being soiled over and over again from not repenting of sins contrary to Paul's teaching, they became "shipwrecked" in their Christian faith. This was accompanied with not only rage against Paul but anger against Jesus or God Himself.

Instead of continuing healthy new covenant teaching like Paul they spoke blasphemies.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 20:47
    @sonship said
    Medullah, watch this. Observe what happens when I ask Rajk999 this about this accusation.

I am attaching the man because he is proposing as he has done for over 12 years now that keeping the commandments of Christ is not necessary.

Rajk999, produce one quotation from any post I have written since I have written here that argued that obeying the comman ...[text shortened]...

Now Medullah, if Rajk999 only comes back with harsh name calling, I think you will get my point.
    You said eternal life comes by faith and nothing else.
    You have never quoted any of the commandments of Christ.
    You have repeatedly referred to the teachings of Christ as legalistic
    You have called people following commandments as trying to earn their salvation.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 20:584 edits
    Hymenaus and Alexander probably continued speaking and treaching in the churches. But what they began to speak was not healthy. And their conscience was a mess.

"Holding faith in a good conscience" was required of Paul's colleagues. Not neglecting to have a pure and clear conscience caused their faith to be strong. Then they could TEACH God's dispensation which is in faith.

We who are of the faith need always to bring our errors under the blood of Jesus, confessing our failures.

Neglecting this and turning aside to vain talking and sloppy living they became Christian shipwrecks. The "crashed." On the stormy sea of Christian living they, Hymenaus and Alexander crashed.

"Holding faith and a good conscience, concerning which some, thrusting these away have become SHIPWRECKED regarding the faith; Of whom are Hymanaus and Alexander ... "
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 21:002 edits
    Uncofessed sins will lead to a leaking conscience.
    A leaking conscience will develop into the LOSS of faith.
    Being under the accuser's accusations against your conscience, your faith will become weaker and weaker.

The lashing out in anger at God and Paul His servant eventually led to them speaking something of blasphemy. From co-workers to blasphemers they went.

Specifically, we do not know what they did or said. We can surmise that it is them who are included in Paul's charge -

" ... charge certain ones not to teach different things ... rather [teach] God's economy which is in faith." (v.3c,4)

Christians need more teachers like Paul and less to NONE like Hymenaus and Alexander.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 21:064 edits
    @Rajk999

I hope so, as regards to the gift of eternal redemption and eternal life.

This does not mean obedience to the commands of Christ is unnecessary to kingdom living.

You didn't produce the quote. And I am going to continue with the OP.

You have never quoted any of the commandments of Christ.

I have written about the all encompassing command that we abide in Him as the true vine via John 15.
    "Abide in Me and I in you."

That is not a command of Christ? (John 15:4a)

You have repeatedly referred to the teachings of Christ as legalistic
    You have called people following commandments as trying to earn their salvation.

Yes, if one does not realize that the gift of God is eternal life Romans 6:23.

More than two or three posters, I believe, have tried to show this to you. This thread will be about Christians need more teachers of God's economy which is in faith.

That is what and how Paul taught.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 22:44
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

This does not mean obedience to the commands of Christ is unnecessary to kingdom living.

[quote]
    You have never quoted any of the commandme ...[text shortened]... istians need more teachers of God's economy which is in faith.

Why do you think it necessary to write about Gods economy, a completely unbiblical expression aimed at twisting the teachings of Christ.

The goats of Matt 25, also like you wish that they do not need to follow any commandments, but like you they will perish because of their failure to do good works as Jesus commanded.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 23:094 edits
    @Rajk999

Why do you think it necessary to write about Gods economy, a completely unbiblical expression aimed at twisting the teachings of Christ.

First Timothy 1:4 - οἰκονομίαν [oikonomian] Θεοῦ =

economy of God = God's economy

Also translated "stewardship of God" or "administration of God"
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 23:251 edit
    μηδὲ προσέχειν μύθοις καὶ γενεαλογίαις ἀπεράντοις αἵτινες ἐκζητήσεις παρέχουσιν , μᾶλλον ἢ οἰκονομίαν Θεοῦ τὴν
    ἐν πίστει

Nor give heed to myths and geneologies endless which speculations bring rather than steweardship of God which is in faith.

English Standard Version

myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith.

New American Standard Bible

nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith.

Darby Bible Translation
    nor to turn their minds to fables and interminable genealogies, which bring questionings rather than [further] God's dispensation, which [is] in faith.

Recovery Version

"Nor give heed to myths and unending geneologies which produce questionings rather than God's economy, which is in faith."
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 00:41

Removed by poster

14. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 11:501 edit
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

First Timothy 1:4 - οἰκονομίαν [oikonomian] Θεοῦ =

economy of God = God's economy

Also translated "stewardship of God" or "administration of God"
    You have missed the point Paul was making. Maybe if Witness Lee did not change the wording of the passage the points made would be understood.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 11:52
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

[quote]
    You have never quoted any of the commandme ...[text shortened]... istians need more teachers of God's economy which is in faith.

Two or three posters is enough to sideline the teachings of Christ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree