1. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '19 11:12
    @secondson said
    There's only one teacher like Jesus Christ, and that's Jesus himself.

But Paul had this to say:

1 Timothy 1:16
    Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

In Paul did Jesus Christ set forth, for a pattern, to all that bel ...[text shortened]... s Christ to life everlasting.

So ask yourself, how did Paul get saved? By grace and not of works.
    All of mankind is saved by grace and not of works. Nobody can boast that they saved themselves, despite your continued effort to say that I what I am preaching. Jesus is the one that has saved and who will continue to save people from their sin.

Where your doctrine fails is that you have stopped at the point where Paul speaks of faith. You choose not to read further because Paul says that failure to live righteously and do good works means that these very same born-again Christian Saints who professed faith, and who are saved, will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Your half of doctrine is of Satan and is the road to damnation.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 00:32
    @rajk999 said
    All of mankind is saved by grace and not of works.
    What do you mean by that?

Are you saying everyone gets saved whether they believe or not?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 00:54
    @rajk999 said
    You choose not to read further because Paul says that failure to live righteously and do good works means that these very same born-again Christian Saints who professed faith, and who are saved, will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
    "You choose not to read further because..."

I've read Paul's epistles more times than I can remember. Your comment is erroneous and obtuse.

Also, your statement is confused and illogical. It seems you're trying to say that those who are saved, are saved, but don't inherit the Kingdom of God if they fail to live righteously.

It's goofy. They're saved, but don't inherit the Kingdom of God.

Then what do they inherit?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 01:55
    @secondson said
    "You choose not to read further because..."

I've read Paul's epistles more times than I can remember. Your comment is erroneous and obtuse.

Also, your statement is confused and illogical. It seems you're trying to say that those who are saved, are saved, but don't inherit the Kingdom of God if they fail to live righteously.

It's goofy. They're saved, but don't inherit the Kingdom of God.

Then what do they inherit?
    It is what Paul said, several times.
    it is contrary to your church doctrine, you deal with that.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 02:081 edit
    @secondson said
    What do you mean by that?

Are you saying everyone gets saved whether they believe or not?
    Christians have failed to understand why Jesus Christ came , preached, died and was resurrected. Here are a couple passages:

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. (Luke 2:14 KJV)

At the birth of Christ, the angel said this. Do you think the angel meant good will to Christians ? ALL MEN. ALL men are saved by the Grace of God. Again John says:

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:2 KJV)

Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD.

Saved by Grace is NOT ETERNAL LIFE. Saved is one step toward eternal life. The next step is good works and righteousness ie keeping the commandments. As Paul said many many times, failure to do this leads to no inheritance in the Kingdom of God.

Your church doctrine is bologna. Go read your bible and correct the nonsense you believe in before it is too late.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 07:45
    @rajk999 said
    Christians have failed to understand why Jesus Christ came , preached, died and was resurrected. Here are a couple passages:

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. (Luke 2:14 KJV)

At the birth of Christ, the angel said this. Do you think the angel meant good will to Christians ? ALL MEN. ALL men are saved by the Grace of G ...[text shortened]... rine is bologna. Go read your bible and correct the nonsense you believe in before it is too late.
    So you think that everyone gets saved whether they believe Jesus died for their sins or not.

You're a Unitarian Universalist.

Apparently you reject what the Bible teaches about the judgment of the dead, faith and repentance.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 08:08
    @SecondSon

On my thread The Need to Differentiate FOUR things I touched some of this posters failure to make these differentiations.

Failure to distinguish between FOUR matters in the Bible will usually result to the kinds of errors taught by false, bad or wrong, or problematic teaching of the Scripture.

1.) The failure to differentiate between the genuine Christian and the false Christian.

2.) The failure to distinguish between the discipline of the genuine Christians and the eternal salvation of the genuine Christians.

3.) The failure to differentiate between the kingdom of God and eternal life.

4.) The failure to differentiate between discipline of the saved Christian during the millennial kingdom and the eternal perishing of the unbeliever.

I suggest I will reiterate these four points again with a little more explanation to each below.

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/the-need-to-differentiate-four-things.182952
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 11:17
    @secondson said
    So you think that everyone gets saved whether they believe Jesus died for their sins or not.

Apparently you reject what the Bible teaches about the judgment of the dead, faith and repentance.
    There is no such expression in the bible as gets saved. Nobody gets saved. That is just more church language used to twist the bible. People ARE saved by the death of Christ. The sacrifice of Christ to pay for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD is what the bible refers to as the Grace of God, and it is what saved all of mankind from the curse of death brought on by the sin of Adam. BUT all people do not get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, and many will be cast out. Eternal life depends on good works and righteousness. Failure to keep the commandments leads to no inheritance in the Kingdom of God, as Paul stated clearly many times.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 12:391 edit
    Continuing on the OP of the thread:

First and Second Timothy were written as Paul witnessed the decline of the church. The decline occurred because teaching like his was being neglected. They were wandering into vain talking.

Paul was not at all discouraged. It is amazing. He KNEW that God can preserve all things in His divine and indestructible life. And God would preserve at least a remnant of brothers and sisters in the normal church life.

"I charge you before God, who reserves all things in life, and Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate, to keep the commandment spotless, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Tim. 6:13,14)

This is no small thing. My opinion is that Paul mentions Jesus' good confession before Pontius Pilate because that moment SEEMED to be the utter low point of His ministry. But it was not. God preserved Jesus and raised Him from the dead after He accomplished eternal redemption on His cross.

The same preserving God would preserve Timothy and the faithful in the churches in His life.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 13:151 edit
    @SecondSon

For my part, I will try stir these matters toward the OP about Paul's teaching.

Rajk999 would have been right at home with the Pharisees who had perhaps come to believe in Christ but were demanding that the Gentiles had to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses.

He sometime criticized me for never talking about good works. Here laying old of the life which is life indeed, the eternal life, involves living a charitable life in the Christian church.

But FIRST, Where is our AIM as Christians? It must be on living in the realm of FAITH.

Paul warned that some could misaim from "the faith". That is to be OFF, like shooting an arrow at a target. They really miss the bull's eye in the center. MISAIMED.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 13:16
    "O Timothy, guard the deposit, turning away from profane, vain babblings and oppositions from what is falsely called knowledge,

Because of which some, professing this, have misaimed regarding the faith." (1 Tim. 6:20,21)

These teachers had much "knowledge". Or so they thought they had. The result of their teaching was not faith nourishing. It misaimed from the faith and wandered almost irrecoverably into unprofitable talkativeness - "vain babblings".

Paul did not want his co-worker to "turn away" after the manner of these talkers.

Rather Paul taught that Timothy HAD eternal life and should all the more lay hold on this One. He was called to live by faith in oneness with the living Lord and GUARD that living as a good deposit and investment for the coming age.

"O Timothy, guard the deposit, ..."

This "deposit" expressed itself as works of love, charity, distribution to the needy ones in the church life all of which made the Christians "rich in good works."

"To do good, to be rich in good works, to be ready to distribute, to be ones willing to share;

Laying away for themselves a good foundation as a treasure for the future, that they may lay hold on that which is really life. O Timothy, guard the deposit ..."
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 23:25
    @sonship
    Rajk999 would have been right at home with the Pharisees who had perhaps come to believe in Christ but were demanding that the Gentiles had to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses.
    Wrong. The Pharisees were condemned by Christ because they were hypocritical mouth worshipers I promote no keeping of the Law of Moses. I promote the keeping of the commandments of Christ.

The fact that you continue to equate the commandments of Christ with the Law of Moses show how far away you are from Christ. You are a lost soul drifting to certain damnation.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 13:281 edit
    @Rajk999

And the Pharisees wanted the praising of Christ to be silent. And He told them that if they were silent the rocks would cry out.

So, again, you'd be right at home with the Pharisees. Your ice cold heart towards Christ insists that everyone else has to keep their mouth shut.

"And some of the Pharisees from the crowd said to Him, Teacher, rebuke Your disciples. And He answered and said, I tell you, If these shall be silent, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:39,40)

We need more teachers like Paul who said to let the word of Christ dwell in us richly - SPEAKING to one another.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another with psalms ad hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to God." (Col. 3:16)

"And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissoluteness, but be filled in spirit, Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and psalming with your heart to the Lord, giving thanks at all times for all things in the name of our lord Jesus Christ to our God and Father.

Be subject to one another in the fear of Christ." (Eph. 5:18-21)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 13:34
    In praise and thanksgiving we Christians can be subject to one another - going along by Amen-ing to our speaking brother or sister.

Often times by me submitting myself to the praying or praising of others, I got completely delivered from the self and brought also into God's presence.

I appreciate Paul's exhortation here:

Now the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind toward one another according to Christ Jesus,

That with one accord you may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom. 15:5,6)

Sometimes when Christians are not in one accord, the very worship and thanksgiving ushers them OUT of division and INTO oneness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree