1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 00:22
    @divegeester said
    Has anyone, other than you three stooges?
    Obviously you haven't, and it's obvious you've neglected the reading of the Bible.

Just can't resist name calling can you? I know 14 year olds more mature than that.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 00:235 edits
    @divegeester

Has anyone, other than you three stooges?

You always seek to expose sectarianism on my part.
    But in calling Christian brothers "stooges" you are being very sectarian.

As a Christian, one can be loving of unbelievers without feeling he has to resort to calling his brothers in Christ "stooges".

We know that we have passed from death to life because we love the brothers. (1 John 3:14)
    If you feel closer kinship with atheists while fellow Christians are "stooges" this may indicates you have not yet passed from death to life.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 00:411 edit
    The exhortation to the Thessalonians is to live so as to not by mistake END UP in a situation that God has not appointed for them.

God has appointed the church to be found watching and ready to be taken whenever He would appear. Since only a remnant thoughout the ages take serious heed to watchfulness, a remnant will not be found where they were not appointed -in a world under God's judgment.

But the majority who are left behind will find themselves on an earth that God has not appointed for them, one not only under the Devil's anger but under God's wrath as well.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 00:481 edit
    I don't believe God is ever angry with his children, and He doesn't "punish" them either.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
    For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Clearly stated. When God pours out His wrath during the "great tribulation", whether believers are on the earth or not, God's wrath, in all it's forms, will never touch a believer.

Jesus bore the wrath of God on Himself on the cross that was meant for us.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 00:56
    @secondson said
    Clearly stated. When God pours out His wrath during the "great tribulation", whether believers are on the earth or not, God's wrath, in all it's forms, will never touch a believer.Jesus bore the wrath of God on Himself on the cross that was meant for us.
    Does this apply to sonship's "medical doctor" on the other thread if the doctor is a believer?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 01:051 edit
    @SecondSon

I don't believe God is ever angry with his children, and He doesn't "punish" them either.

I agree that it says the Spirit within us may be grieved. It doesn't say the Spirit in us is angry.

But my only point is that for a large portion of the Christians on earth to pass through the three and one half years of the great tribulation will happen. And that is a time when God's wrath is poured out on the earth.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
    For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Clearly stated. When God pours out His wrath during the "great tribulation", whether believers are on the earth or not, God's wrath, in all it's forms, will never touch a believer.

Better to be kept out of the hour of the trial as God tells the church in Philadelphia. (Rev. 3:10)

Jesus bore the wrath of God on Himself on the cross that was meant for us.

Yes.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 07:011 edit
    @secondson said
    Obviously you haven't, and it's obvious you've neglected the reading of the Bible.

Just can't resist name calling can you? I know 14 year olds more mature than that.
    No I’ve not read this thread. I think the “rapture” is a red herring as is mileneialism and the pointless debates that surround it.

I call you lot the three stooges because in my view you are stooges; waffling on about basically nothing, each of you so politely trying to gently prove that you know more about this pointless topic than the other, while simultaneously stoking each other’s spiritual ego in a lame attempt to demonstrate some sort of beard-stroking intellectual brotherly love.

It’s toe curling.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 07:21
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    As a Christian, one can be loving of unbelievers without feeling he has to resort to calling his brothers in Christ "stooges".
    We know that we have passed from death to life because we love the brothers. (1 John 3:14)
    If you feel closer kinship with atheists while fellow Christians are "stooges" this may indicates you have not yet passed from death to life.
    How dare you question my salvation. You think me calling you a “stooge” in this forum deserves your contempt of what Christ has done for me? You arrogant ass! Based on the posting in this forum, I don’t regard any of you as “Christian brothers”.

I feel a general kinship with the humanity of the human race, a kinship with other sinners like me who are seeking the reality of Jesus Christ, not some cultish clique. I find kinship with intellectual honesty and sound moral thinking, with mercy and truth. “Mercy triumphs over judgment” the lord says. Many times in fact.

I find you lot repellent frankly and I’m well aware of what you think of me sonship, you’ve told me dozens of times. But your snide darts, your insults about my salvation don’t penetrate. I’m not interested in what you think of me, I am not bothered by KellyJay’s head-in-the sand nose-in-the-air ignorance, I’m not impressed nor intimidated by SecondSon’s threats for his version of god to “get me” I am interested in truth and honesty and I don’t find it here from you, KellyJay or SecondSon.

Jesus Christ is my saviour and my faith is in him only, I am a Christian who is not affected by you telling me that I haven’t “passed from death to life” because I don’t cowtow to your waffling error.

I stand against what you stand for... corporate religion, your intellectual pyramids, your doctrinal Towers of Babel which you hide behind while, according to you, the lost hang in chains of suffering to glorify Jesus.

What vile nonsense it is that you preach.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 08:38
    @divegeester said
    No I’ve not read this thread. I think the “rapture” is a red herring as is mileneialism and the pointless debates that surround it.

I call you lot the three stooges because in my view you are stooges; waffling on about basically nothing, each of you so politely trying to gently prove that you know more about this pointless topic than the other, while simultaneously st ...[text shortened]... ttempt to demonstrate some sort of beard-stroking intellectual brotherly love.

It’s toe curling.
    Since you haven't read the thread and don't think a discussion about the rapture is worthy of debate, then obviously you're only posting here to call names, ridicule, make slanderous remarks and condemn.

As FMF would say, you're channeling Rajk.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 09:15
    @secondson said
    If I were to say to someone "you're channeling Rajk" it would be a compliment. Rajk999 is principled, tenacious, both coherent & consistent, immune to deflection (thick-skinned), and he doesn't suffer fools gladly. He brings value to this forum. He is missed.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 10:42
    @secondson said
    Since you haven't read the thread and don't think a discussion about the rapture is worthy of debate, then obviously you're only posting here to call names, ridicule, make slanderous remarks and condemn.

I’ve read countless threads and articles on the supposed “rapture” and it’s all an unsupported red herring, which pompous pseudo-intellectual Christians like to pontificate over with convoluted exegesis of scripture in a vain attempt to prove how well read they are at join-the-prophecy-dots. Been there, got the T-shirt, not interested.

As for “condemning”, I’m not the one accusing another Christian of having an unregenerate spirit, sonship is. Obviously this is not one of the “variety” of things you disagree with him on.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 16:091 edit
    @FMF

If I were to say to someone "you're channeling Rajk" it would be a compliment. Rajk999 is principled, tenacious, both coherent & consistent, immune to deflection (thick-skinned), and he doesn't suffer fools gladly. He brings value to this forum. He is missed.

If sheer flattery could bring him back, surely yours would have done so by now.

Reminds me of when I was in my golden good ole days of FMF's approval.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 16:15
    Has Jajk999 left the site or something??
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 19:442 edits

Removed by poster

15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 19:47

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree